You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
WG_Lumberjack

PSA - 0.8.11 - Disconnect back to login screen fix

120 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,380 posts
4,168 battles

Commanders!

Some of you might've come across a certain problem after 0.8.11 patch - being disconnected from the battle results screen  back to  the login screen.
We've already prepared fix for this issue and will also definitely include it to the next version update. 

To apply this fix now you should follow these step by step guide:

1. Close the game
2. Download the archive Install_patсh_fix_for_0.8.11.zip
Install_patch_fix_for_0.8.11 (1).zip

3. Unzip the archive (the  «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.8.11» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing  /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders)
4. Go to unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.8.11» folder 
5. Launch «apply-patch.bat»file
6. Apply changes by typing  number "1" to the appeared window and press Enter
7. Launch the game as usual 

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the according topic or reach out to the Player Support with WGcheck. 

If your come across any new issues that appear after your apply this fix, you can rollback changes by launching “apply-patсh.bat”  again, choosing option "2", pressing Enter and then relaunching the game client.

Apologies for the caused inconvenience!

• Bad 6
  • Angry 7

Players
13 posts

I installed the patch in the currently used steam directory. It said "copying" etc, but now I cannot connect anymore at all to the server. I don't know, if it's coincidence and the server is down anyway, but on the support website wow states "on" for the server..

Back in the old days we had a magic trick called "software testing".. wonder if the knowlege about it has been lost..

• Cool 7

[WOTN]
Players
1 post
3,910 battles
32 minutes ago, Indifatigable_2018 said:

I installed the patch in the currently used steam directory. It said "copying" etc, but now I cannot connect anymore at all to the server. I don't know, if it's coincidence and the server is down anyway, but on the support website wow states "on" for the server..

Same here and for others in my clan, patch doesn't fix it.

EDIT: ´Could connect a few times but got kicked out all times, made one game but it got stuck before result-screen aaaaand.. lost connection to server again. Guess I'll be playing something else.

Edited by UberAnka

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
93 posts
6,583 battles

Yeah, tried this.
Has not worked.
same issue 
Tried rolling it back,
still cannot log in

Checked integrity and found no issues

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
210 posts
1,843 battles

You have to copy the "Install_patch_fix_for_0.8.11" folder, not the first one that was unzipped. Also, turn off your game and Wargaming Game Center app then apply patch.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
13 posts
Vor 18 Minuten, Schultz sagte:

You have to copy the "Install_patch_fix_for_0.8.11" folder, not the first one that was unzipped. Also, turn off your game and Wargaming Game Center app then apply patch.

I did it all like that. Exactly in accordance to the instruction. The only circumstance that may differ is that I have a steam based installation and had to look for the correct directory probably at a different place.. But it is anyway the current one with the bin32 and bin64 subdirectory and it dates from yesterday (when I got the update) so I am quite sure, that I did not make any mistake... And by the way, I don't really like the habit of the software developers to accuse refelx-like the error on the user side.

Update:  On the fourth try i had a login now and after a fight (coop) no disconnect anymore. So the patch works in principle but you have another problem, a limited connectivity of the server.

Edited by Indifatigable_2018
Update
  • Cool 1

Players
1 post
57 battles

in the last few hours, consistently been booted out and unable to login, SORT YOUR STUFF OUT WG, And I thought this carry on building a ship that's impossible to do unless ya rich or a robot was a pain in the [edited].

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
94 posts
9,606 battles

My precious Premium time is being wasted while I'm waiting for the problem to be fixed :(   Can't log in, with or without the patch. 

• Cool 3

[BG-DR]
Players
3 posts
12,225 battles
8 hours ago, WG_Lumberjack said:

Commanders!

Some of you might've come across a certain problem after 0.8.11 patch - being disconnected from the battle results screen  back to  the login screen.
We've already prepared fix for this issue and will also definitely include it to the next version update. 

To apply this fix now you should follow these step by step guide:

1. Close the game
2. Download the archive Install_patсh_fix_for_0.8.11.zip
Install_patch_fix_for_0.8.11 (1).zip

3. Unzip the archive (the  «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.8.11» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing  /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders)
4. Go to unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.8.11» folder 
5. Launch «apply-patch.bat»file
6. Apply changes by typing  number "1" to the appeared window and press Enter
7. Launch the game as usual 

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the according topic or reach out to the Player Support with WGcheck. 

If your come across any new issues that appear after your apply this fix, you can rollback changes by launching “apply-patсh.bat”  again, choosing option "2", pressing Enter and then relaunching the game client.

Apologies for the caused inconvenience!

This is after patching . Did not  work!

Екранна снимка (35).png

• Cool 3

[TORPZ]
Alpha Tester
433 posts
8,355 battles

Applied patch, tried again, still not working.
Server busy it tells me. Also almost finished a game, was kicked back to login, and got in a last time before game fully refused to let me in... and I saw that the snowflake was not awarded on my assashio. And... we won, 100%. Enemy had 2 ships left, we still 7 ships and were at 980 points, enemy on 200 whatever.. 
Combined with that impossible P.R. grind... a dark day for WoWs.

• Cool 1

[BG-DR]
Players
3 posts
12,225 battles

With every new update, problems increase. Don't you think you'll lose a lot of players that way

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
35 posts

Correction: Server is now down. Flat. 

Applied patch. Played one game, game hung at the end with degraded UI. Waited for ~3 minutes. Killed process.

Now I get big nothing - cannot login. Nice start to PR marathon. I was so darn close to finishing Dailies for Tokens and this crap happened...:Smile_facepalm: I want my SB Tokens and coal.

Players
13 posts

... or will only those players get a login who have bought that Goritza, which you also made a prerequisite for the mission series (which is incredibly enough)..it would be only consequent to introduce a  time-slot for money