You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

A comparison between the grinds for Prinz Eitel Friedrich & Gorizia.

48 comments in this topic

[MIAU]
Players
3,709 posts

Yeah, I just linked those tables to another post of mine that is calling out the BS Sub_Octavian wrote on reddit.

SO, in all seriousness, declared the grind for the Gorizia as being easier then the PEF.

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
Players
310 posts
3,904 battles

I'm quite certain at this point that either the designer of this event suffers from mental illness or just simply hates the players who pays his wages

• Cool 12

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,975 posts

In order for the Gorizia-grind and the PEF-grind to be remotely comparable (taking into account duration of the stages, the tiers of the ships that can be used, the tier of the reward ship and the intermediate rewards), the requirements of the Gorizia-directives should be divided by a factor of at least 5 (but not much more), and the kills by at least 10. Also take into consideration that my table doesn't account for the "annoyance factor" regarding killing ships: With the PEF-marathon, the kill-stage was just in 1 directive, which means the playerbase was thinned out, and not everyone will be farming kills... With Gorizia, each directive has kills in the missions, so everyone will always be competing with everyone else to get kills done. Poor (and I expect: intentionally) mission design.

• Cool 1

[H0LY]
Players
234 posts
3,791 battles

This is a challenge :cap_tea:

We can either spend all our spare time and even some night time to squeeze out the reward techtree ships and I think construction points. Or we can sniff alot of glue and say maybe next year we'll bother. 

[KRILL]
Players
78 posts
4,128 battles
43 minutes ago, Altsak said:

I wonder if WG thinks Data Science is something you can eat?

Spreadsheet says : „yummy“

😁

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,647 posts
6,896 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well.. the PEF was at least doable, if not exactly worth it....:Smile_sceptic:

It was doable, but i dont wanna sound wierd, it's not a bad ship, ok it's not outstanding but it's usable most of the time :Smile_Default:

And i see a possible buff to it in the future. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,194 posts
Just now, Major_Damage225 said:

It was doable, but i dont wanna sound wierd, it's not a bad ship, ok it's not outstanding but it's usable most of the time :Smile_Default:

Man, you can kinda weird aren't you. :Smile_unsure:

• Funny 2

[NSVE]
Players
282 posts
10,414 battles

Dear WG,

Many thanks to everyone who put the time into examining the data and helping me decided it's not worth my time unlike you guys. I can now relax and enjoy Christmas.

Kind regards,

iFax

• Cool 5

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,975 posts
4 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well.. the PEF was at least doable, if not exactly worth it....

The PEF came with access to a campaign for 4000 steel (and the intermediate rewards dropped steel as well, also 1000 or 2000 IIRC), that was the main reward. The PEF itself... Eh, it had good AA (which got neutered in 0.8.0 a few days later). Maybe it gets better with the reworked German dispersion of 0.8.11.

• Cool 3

Players
2,194 posts
3 minutes ago, iFax said:

Dear WG,

Many thanks to everyone who put the time into examining the data and helping me decided it's not worth my time unlike you guys. I can now relax and enjoy Christmas.

Kind regards,

iFax

Excellent choice! :Smile_honoring:

I will keep playing the regular way, meaning at least a few battles every day for the missions and daily crates etc. It will be interesting to see how many directives I will be able to finish... I also sadly expect the general game play will fall apart over this PR fiasco....

Players
1,376 posts
10,900 battles

Yup, just made my decision to not bother with Gorizia or Puerto Rico a lot easier. I'll play a few games here and there and I'm not buying Santa Containers this year either because that is beyond ridiculous.

• Cool 1

Players
189 posts
11,121 battles

Just looked directives and understood Gorizia aint my ship,not speaking of PR at all,campaign is so stupid that only a pretty sick person can come up with this sh.t.

So my 5 cents,put your campaigns up where sun does not shine WG and go visit a doctor asap,dam lunatics.Not a red penny from me before you visited a doctor,all of you WG staff. 

[BBMM]
Players
4,467 posts
5,139 battles
20 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

18 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Man, you can kinda weird aren't you. :Smile_unsure:

He is correct, they sell it now as a premium. If it sucks, it will not sell.

• Cool 2

Players
2,194 posts
1 minute ago, Wobly_1 said:

Just looked directives and understood Gorizia aint my ship,not speaking of PR at all,campaign is so stupid that only a pretty sick person can come up with this sh.t.

So my 5 cents,put your campaigns up where sun does not shine WG and go visit a doctor asap,dam lunatics.Not a red penny from me before you visited a doctor,all of you WG staff. 

I tried to make quick calculation what would happen if you used up the FREE booster and bought all the 3 premium ones totalling 24k doubloons right away. The total points mark of the PR is 51 300 000 points. After using those 1 + 3 boosters right away, you would still need to finish up to 15 825 280 points through token boosters and game play missions.

Players
189 posts
11,121 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Earn credits

49M credits

28M credits

- 57,1%

Between i think some mistake is here,maybe you check MrFingers

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,642 posts
14,601 battles

Yeah, some off the math seems a little off, however the increase in most categories is outrageous...

Spoiler

Aircraft shot down Ribbons

+ 300,0%

Taking the 1st value as the base figure the increase should be +200%.

Earn credits

49M credits

28M credits

- 57,1%

Taking the 1st value as the base figure the decrease should be 42,9%.

Just some examples @MrFingers

Players
962 posts
13,010 battles

I usually whale everything I can during events. My plan this year was to maybe get one prem booster for the PR, then grind the rest, and possiby buy a few mega boxes for a chance of those rare ships I don't have.

I just saw what the directives are. I'm not doing any of that. The only realistic way to grind the PR is to buy all the boosters and then spend doubloons to finish it. I'm simply not dropping that kind of money on a bigger, clumsier Alaska. And after those ragey reddit posts by their staff, I'm making it a point to vote with my wallet and not spending a single dime.

You can keep your OP premiums, WG, if you keep doing this you won't have a game for long so investing any money in the chance to get some rare OP premium seems pointless.

• Cool 2