Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chazwozza

CV detect range

23 comments in this topic

[SKIDZ]
Players
907 posts

Any reason CVs the biggest warships ever built have great Stealth 

They need to be perma spotted (always shown on the minimap) as far as im concerned

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
968 posts
13,052 battles

Having them permaspotted all the time wouldn't do much difference, tbh, they'd just hug an island on the edge and stay there for the whole match. You can pretty much tell where they are at all times by the direction of returning planes, anyway.

The issue with CV's isn't their stealth, it's them removing stealth for anything else. They need to either make DD's harder to detect from the air, maybe remove rocket planes as they're a fairly effortless DD counter.. would that mean making bombs, which are harder to hit on DD's, more devastating to them would need to be a matter of testing, but it's really rocket planes that, imho, tip them over the edge into broken territory.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
667 posts
3,832 battles

They have pretty bad concealment already

Also they should buff rocket planes so i can oneshot dds in one pass, kk thx bye

• Funny 4
  • Boring 2

Players
1,588 posts
17,029 battles
9 minutes ago, Asakka said:

Also they should buff rocket planes so i can oneshot dds in one pass, kk thx bye

Already possible if the poor bugger doesn't have splosion flags fitted :cap_like:

[THESO]
Players
667 posts
3,832 battles
7 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Already possible if the poor bugger doesn't have splosion flags fitted :cap_like:

Atleast hes gonna get 10 flags :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[KOR]
Players
309 posts
7,470 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, chazwozza sagte:

They need to be perma spotted (always shown on the minimap) as far as im concerned

That suggestion is stupid. I agree however that it is stupid that a shokaku can get 9km stealth. Your suggestion however would lead to 6 bbs sniping the cv first with their 25km range and the cv being dead in the first 5 mins of the game. (on most maps) If you have a raging booner vs cvs you just should div up with one in two bbs. Take midway Yamato Yamato for example. CV spots enemy CV constantly and your Yamato can kill him with their accurate guns. For T8 do this with norca Alabama or Richelieu. Given that example you will se how stupid this is given that most bbs will overexetend in order to actually kill the cv and die a painful death to cruiser he and (competent) bbs that are not cv sniping. That idea would make the CV's first [edited] to play so you actually could remove them all at once and second any CV game so boring that it will be even more pain for anyone then it is right now. It would be just who snipes the cv better wins. Maybe come along with a better idea( cv spotting nerf replacement of skillless rockets with bombs etc.) Pls don't take it personal I isn't meant to be rude..... 

Cheers

• Cool 1

Players
483 posts
4,663 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, chazwozza sagte:

In the era the game is set in, CVs weren't yet the biggest warships built (with the exception of the Yamato-class-conversion Shinano). Even average BBs had more displacement than contemporary CVs.

• Cool 2

Players
483 posts
4,663 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Captain_Newman sagte:

The issue with CV's isn't their stealth

Their stealth might be WG's brilliant compensation for having CVs within visual range on the battlefield (where no sane CV captain would position his ship). So the rather low detection range might be meant to simulate a far more remote position than the actual one.

• Cool 2

Players
968 posts
13,052 battles
13 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

In the era the game is set in, CVs weren't yet the biggest warships built (with the exception of the Yamato-class-conversion Shinano). Even average BBs had more displacement than contemporary CVs.

Don't confuse displacement with size, though. The USS Midway was about the same length as an Iowa-class BB, while being much bulkier in both width and overall height. Much more volume for very smilar displacement. CV's were in general fairly light on displacement given their size, compared to BB's, due to their nature of being floating hollow hangar bays. The large fleet carriers were among the largest warships during WW2 in terms of size (length, height, beam).

• Cool 1

Players
968 posts
13,052 battles
2 hours ago, Asakka said:

It's also a travesty that premium CV's don't get guided anti-ship missiles. WG when.

Maybe on Russian CV's. I want to put Kuznetsov on Kuznetsov :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
483 posts
4,663 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, Captain_Newman sagte:

It's also a travesty that premium CV's don't get guided anti-ship missiles. WG when.

Maybe on Russian CV's. I want to put Kuznetsov on Kuznetsov :Smile_trollface:

Kuznetsov does not have her SS-19 anymore. She does not even have her screws and drydock anymore. But I guess in this game a Russian ship does not need screws because they use Red October style magnetohydrodynamic drive systems. :Smile_teethhappy:

[JRM]
Players
3,690 posts
19,839 battles
37 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Gerald Ford on Geral Ford?

Ford was famous naval officer in his time of service?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,357 posts
17,452 battles

Base concealment is calculated by height, not by length/width/whatever.

Compared to BBs and even some cruisers CVs are actually pretty small as they don't have need for a huge tower with rangefinders on them, therefore they get the concealment that they have.

[NOCAP]
Players
5,370 posts
10,904 battles
5 hours ago, chazwozza said:

For the same Reason a Conqueror has less Concealment then most heavy Cruisers or a moskva has more then most BBs. 

Players
1,851 posts
4,794 battles
5 hours ago, Europizza said:

I actually find myself detonating more BBs with my torps than DDs with my rockets.

I guess one breed of player is simply unaware that their ship can be detonated...

[SKIDZ]
Players
907 posts
On 12/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, Captain_Newman said:

Don't confuse displacement with size, though. The USS Midway was about the same length as an Iowa-class BB, while being much bulkier in both width and overall height. Much more volume for very smilar displacement. CV's were in general fairly light on displacement given their size, compared to BB's, due to their nature of being floating hollow hangar bays. The large fleet carriers were among the largest warships during WW2 in terms of size (length, height, beam).

Aye alot more solid metal sitting higher

[SKIDZ]
Players
907 posts
On 12/11/2019 at 1:42 PM, Karotte_marksman said:

That suggestion is stupid. I agree however that it is stupid that a shokaku can get 9km stealth. Your suggestion however would lead to 6 bbs sniping the cv first with their 25km range and the cv being dead in the first 5 mins of the game. (on most maps) If you have a raging booner vs cvs you just should div up with one in two bbs. Take midway Yamato Yamato for example. CV spots enemy CV constantly and your Yamato can kill him with their accurate guns. For T8 do this with norca Alabama or Richelieu. Given that example you will se how stupid this is given that most bbs will overexetend in order to actually kill the cv and die a painful death to cruiser he and (competent) bbs that are not cv sniping. That idea would make the CV's first [edited] to play so you actually could remove them all at once and second any CV game so boring that it will be even more pain for anyone then it is right now. It would be just who snipes the cv better wins. Maybe come along with a better idea( cv spotting nerf replacement of skillless rockets with bombs etc.) Pls don't take it personal I isn't meant to be rude..... 

Cheers

So its ok for carriers to perma spot the entire map having all BBs shoot at you?

Players
69 posts
16,285 battles

Here is the fix:

CV should not be able to relay target data to allied ships, that is make enemy ships visible, instead they should reveal enemy poistions on the minimap. Like the spotting mechanics in a storm!

This would make sense. I have a hard time believing that WWII fighter, torpedo and bomber pilots target spotted (i.e directed gun fire) for the navy. They might of course report in target positions.

• Cool 1

[KOR]
Players
309 posts
7,470 battles
Vor 24 Minuten, chazwozza sagte:

So its ok for carriers to perma spot the entire map having all BBs shoot at you?

Wait a sec. 

Vor 11 Minuten, Benedictus_de_Suede sagte:

Here is the fix:

CV should not be able to relay target data to allied ships, that is make enemy ships visible, instead they should reveal enemy poistions on the minimap. Like the spotting mechanics in a storm!

This would make sense. I have a hard time believing that WWII fighter, torpedo and bomber pilots target spotted (i.e directed gun fire) for the navy. They might of course report in target positions.

This is the solution and my own opionion. 

• Cool 1

Players
278 posts
1,590 battles

That would be good, or alternatively perhaps a delay until allies see the spotted ship (as with radar but more severe).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this