TheWarJaC

Shipyard & Puerto Rico

345 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
28 posts
334 battles

Update 0.8.11 introduces the Shipyard - please let us know what you think!

CONSTRUCTING A SHIP

A Dockyard will appear in everyone's Ports. This is where U.S. Tier X cruiser Puerto Rico will be laid down. The process of constructing the ship is split into six stages, divided into a total of 36 phases. To complete the ship, you must go through all the stages of construction—from laying the keel, to installing the ship’s armament and deck equipment. Completing each stage will bring you valuable rewards, such as Santa's Gift containers, permanent festive camouflages for Tier VIII ships, Steel, Coal, and days of Warships

Premium Account.

Complete all the stages to get cruiser  X Puerto Rico along with an exclusive permanent camouflage.

The construction process will continue automatically from December 16 to January 13. In order to build the ship in time, you will need to use boosters. Some of them are available in exchange for doubloons, others—for a special temporary resource called Shipbuilding Tokens.

Don’t want to spend any doubloons on boosters to finish building Puerto Rico on time? It’s entirely possible to build Puerto Rico using only the boosters available for Shipbuilding Tokens. To achieve this, simply complete the event’s Directives, pass through Daily Missions, and don't miss any Daily Shipments to get more Shipbuilding Tokens as soon as possible and activate boosters in the Dockyard.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0811-new-year/

• Boring 1
  • Bad 46
  • Angry 20

[ALYEN]
Players
1,135 posts
2,773 battles

No "time to completion" indicator, instant FAIL.

I understand that you have to make profit on FOMO, but most of the times you do it by heavily frustrating the playerbase.

EDIT: I have to admit there's a time to complete indicator but well hidden compared to the time remaining one it's outright manipulative ...

• Cool 5

[SWTP]
Players
1,314 posts
10,194 battles

All very nice but totally useless as completely undoable without employing bots farming staff 24/7.  You went so bananas that even with paid boosters still it is mental and totally beyond rich of somebody with a life, work and family (or even one of those is actually enough to fail miserably in this grind). But it's OK, I will not even bother like 99% of players. Shame of wasted opportunity. You forgot that it's not full time job for us, but entertainment.  Why even bother with this bull:etc_swear: about ship for free and all this development time wasted on this? Why just not put it straight into the shop for 100-150 euros or something? The aftertaste is so unpleasant that the money I was going to spend on a few Xmas crates I will spend on the other game.  And those comments by WG CMs and staff about free bentley :Smile_facepalm: or that it's doable :Smile-_tongue: are just ridiculous. Prise is good, yes it is TX, but by making prise better this year  together with insane grind increase you forgot that you can not increase the number of hours during the day, it is still only 24 and players still need to sleep, eat, work, spend some time with relatives etc.  All to make us buy gold to boost impossible grind and then to buy more gold to even finish it when we will realise that we can not finish it anyway.... It's....  I will not say more as this would escalate into ban territory very soon.

Well, that is what I think.

You asked I said.

Deal with it.

GJ greedy:etc_swear:.

• Cool 16

Beta Tester
8 posts
240 battles

The lack of time progress is an issue. I watched a video that stated only 3000 Doubloons can be used for boosters. So you spend this and then fail to complete the directives. Thats a bit upsetting

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
1,107 posts
6,209 battles

This is the worst event WG ever created.

In the middle of the holidays which will help many people stay the F away from WOWs during the period.

All the $hitstorm that was here during PEF, Benham etc. was ignored and WG being up the same old $hit but this time harder than ever, requiring you to play every day for many hours, in the middle of the holidays. 

I have two words for you WG and you know very well what words those are.

• Cool 18
  • Funny 2

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
21 posts
5,081 battles

Wargaming...you made  the coolest feature i have seen in a decade of online games...and you somehow managed to screw it up completely.
We were to this would be an easy grind...and looking at the directives.....jeeeeez.

for an average player  this will be a 10-15 hour daily grind...on top of what looks like a mandatory 24000 doubloons expense to stand a fighting chance to get close to obtaining the ship.

You had a chance to make something insanely cool, but you went nuts and made the directives such a nasty gridfest, even if you spend 100euro on the doubloons, it will be a fulltime job to  get close to complete the ship.

So what we're left with is another premium ship....roughly same price as equivalent ships for sale....but thistime...on top of paying you   we also have to play nonstop for weeks to get anything out of money we payed you.
This is just a fancy way of getting people to spend more money....what a damn shame.

• Cool 19

[SRW]
Players
1,107 posts
6,209 battles

Also... you can completely shut all your PTS because they are pointless.

During the PTS most people were happy with the event, The concept is very cool, the presentation is great, watching the whole shipbuilding process (especially for the ones that have nothing to do with it) is interesting etc.

But obviously all numbers were much lower and guess what - that was expected.

We expected higher numbers needed to complete each mission but you just went overboard and made it nearly impossible for every player and plain impossible for 99.x% of the playerbase.

So what feedback you expect on the PTS when you don't give us any numbers about completion of the missions and directives? Of course the feedback will be good on the PTS and then when you set an impossible wall needed to be grinded insanely, day and night, during a whole month, in the middle of the holidays and the $hitstorm hit.. you act surprised how players react. I wonder if it's ignorance or something worse than that.

Congratz on completely destroying a great concept which is a real shame. I feel sorry for all the designers and ideas that were put into this because the ones in charge of the "business" screwed it up completely, to the point of no return apparently.

• Cool 16

[FCAS]
Players
8 posts
4,537 battles

I was excited for this.

Then I logged in and saw the numbers. Not much excitement left.

I'm a casual - I do maybe 2 hours a day on average - I don't see myself finishing most of those directives.

You could cut those numbers by 90% - it would still be a grind, but it might even give casuals like myself a chance. I'll stick to just getting the snowflakes, and whatever rewards I can get playing normally.

• Cool 9

Weekend Tester
852 posts
6,204 battles

I see much potential on this beautiful shipyard feature, but sadly it will be wasted on these grindy directives.

• Cool 11

[TRUMP]
Players
132 posts
17,727 battles

... and you're welcome!

Dear God Almighty! What were you thinking?

Name the number of players that have ever done 75k xp in 3 days? On ducking average over 2 weeks.

• Cool 11

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,603 posts
7,502 battles
14 minutes ago, DenmarkRadar said:

Name the number of players that have ever done 75k xp in 3 days? On ducking average over 2 weeks. 

How about everyone? except you apparently

• Bad 4

Players
18 posts
5,428 battles
26 minutes ago, DenmarkRadar said:

i can get around 80k of xp in around 4 rounds don't know what you're talking about, even less if you equip flags and camo... i guess you're playing without any camo and flags like a true weekend warrior

• Bad 8

Players
240 posts
16,091 battles

Since I work away from home offshore on an actual ship, I have no way to complete this due to the time constraints.

Thanks WG for being so inclusive. (Sarcasm) :Smile-angry: :etc_swear:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[SRW]
Players
1,107 posts
6,209 battles

75k EXP is nothing special actually. It is a grind but you get decent XP by playing any mode. Even yolo-ing in co-op with flags can bring you few k XP per battle (in less than 8 minutes). Winning an average battle in random (with a proper camo and signal flags) can bring you 10k EXP or more, per battle. So again - nothing too insane.

Especially when you compare it to 85k or 150k BASE XP needed for some missions.

And EXP can be influenced by flags and camos, base XP cannot.

• Cool 1

Players
463 posts
8,432 battles

Show us a youtube series where a single WG employee earns the PR without spending doubloons. I want to know how many hours it takes.
Every year I regret ever spending money on the game and thinking of a way to recoup at least part of my investment.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3

[VIVIC]
Players
121 posts
16,526 battles
5 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Don’t want to spend any doubloons on boosters to finish building Puerto Rico on time? It’s entirely possible to build Puerto Rico using only the boosters available for Shipbuilding Tokens. To achieve this, simply complete the event’s Directives, pass through Daily Missions, and don't miss any Daily Shipments to get more Shipbuilding Tokens as soon as possible and activate boosters in the Dockyard.

"To achieve this, SIMPLY.."

Simply ?! Really ? Not the word i would have chosen there .. heres what I think:  it is indeed Simply, Simply IMPOSSIBLE to complete these events Directives.

And don't give us more excuses like always , we have done the math , the spreadsheets show us its possible blablabla
because this is just an outrage the way it is and doing so is just going to put more wood on the fire.. this is just nothing more then a really huge middle finger to your playerbase

If you do want to stick with your claim, prove it. show us, the entire community that this is in fact possible without spending any money.

• Cool 7

[DC-DK]
Players
2 posts
5,300 battles

Don't buy the damn Christmas containers, they are not worth it. Those are perhaps the worst containers, I have ever, ever bought. Waste of money. Would have been better to buy each individual item by itself. If anyone geta any thing good, then we are talking gambling-like loot boxes. Seriously WG? Have you become some lowly money-grapping scheme as well?

• Cool 3

[VLOOT]
Players
167 posts
15,786 battles

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, not in a MILLION years. 

Well perhaps if you are an ACE in this game, have the best OP ships, own tons of (special & economic) flags, are not celebrating x.mas, have no friends and most importantly, you live on some planet where a day lasts 72 hours....

Ps. The tier X x.mas presents (to me, and after opening 32 of them) are worth less than the steel for tier IX and VIII!

• Cool 11

Players
2 posts
690 battles

I'm not going to talk about numbers (and they are really crazy in fact) but, do you know what those missions look like to a new player WG?
I only have japanese and russian T5+ ships, so too [edited]bad this event with exciting faction tied missions is not for you huh? (Assuming I were to put up with playing 12h/day to do them without premium or the numbers weren't absurd)

• Cool 1