TheWarJaC

Captain's Logbook

25 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
28 posts
334 battles

CAPTAIN'S LOGBOOK

The Captain's Logbook will allow you to track your progress in collecting ships, patches, Commanders, camouflages, and flags. Click your nickname in the upper part of the Port interface and select “Captain's Logbook” from the drop-down menu to view all the in-game items you've accumulated. What do you think about this feature?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0811-new-year/

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
333 posts
10,598 battles

According to my Captain's Logbook I have only 18 ships, not the 53 I have. Also ships like the Shimakaze are not listed.

Turns out it's only Premium ships in it.

• Cool 1

Players
466 posts
7,826 battles

As reported during test - Does not display correctly on ultra-widescreen  (screen cutoff at bottom) (2560 x 1080)

Seeing as you didnt fix it after reporting it on Test I assume it wont get fixed now either...but, hey ho

1994528646_ScreenShot12-12-19at06_58PM.thumb.PNG.90f4383a04931e1bbc4ef39a7e62b580.PNG

Happy New Year

• Cool 2

[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
61 posts
10,716 battles

More unecessary bloat to the sluggish as hell interface.  Well done, how about spending all the research and development time on actually improving the interface in a meaningful way ?  You know making it faster , more responsive with less layers of clicking. . .

[RODS]
Players
729 posts
6,531 battles

Hmm..

Ok, so now I can see:

which premium ships I dont have 

which flags I dont have 

which camos I dont have

which captains I dont have

which patches I dont have

Hmm..

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,975 posts

It's absolutely useless, but at the same time it looks really nice.

• Cool 2

[RO-RN]
Players
42 posts
28,385 battles

Dont wory they will let you complete youre colection in change of dooblon and as reward you will have a patch  hahahahahaha

Players
727 posts
2,094 battles

Looks good, but completely useless. Plus, I found something... Let's say... Questionable :Smile_amazed:

I was looking in the camos section and I saw that there was the Grigio-Azzurro chiaro camo (the event camo for the early access of Italian cruisers) for Venezia. Wasn't that only for tier 5, 6, 7 and 8? You can't even spend doubloons in it because it's not the perma-camo. How are we even supposed to get that?

I'll post a screenshot when I'll get back home, forgot to take it yesterday (EU server down).

[SRW]
Players
1,107 posts
6,209 battles
23 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Looks good, but completely useless. Plus, I found something... Let's say... Questionable :Smile_amazed:

I was looking in the camos section and I saw that there was the Grigio-Azzurro chiaro camo (the event camo for the early access of Italian cruisers) for Venezia. Wasn't that only for tier 5, 6, 7 and 8? You can't even spend doubloons in it because it's not the perma-camo. How are we even supposed to get that?

I'll post a screenshot when I'll get back home, forgot to take it yesterday (EU server down).

Here it is...

Untitledv.jpg

If it's there, they probably plan to introduce it soon as a perma camo, for doubloons.

Players
727 posts
2,094 battles
16 minuti fa, Palubarac ha scritto:

Here it is...

Untitledv.jpg

If it's there, they probably plan to introduce it soon as a perma camo, for doubloons.

My problem is that usually the perma camo for doubloons look like the ones of Bismarck and Cossack in your screenshot (like this PBEC503_Campbeltown.png) while the "event" camos that are not for sale look like this PGES318_Bismarck_Clean.png (here is the Bismarck one from the Hunt for Bismarck collection).

Personally, i don't have anything wrong with it. I just wanted to point itout

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
1,107 posts
6,209 battles

^ You probably have a point but I think they are drowning in $hit right now and they are not even thinking about checking these "tiny reports"...

[FISHR]
Players
44 posts
2,290 battles

I thought the Captain's Logbook would be a nice addition to the tools one has to keep track of all commanders, since everything else is already listed somewhere else.

But no, it turns out it's only for non-tech-tree stuff.

Like this, in my humble and perfectly questionable opinion, it's pretty useless.

Moreover, I have no idea where the three camos I earned during the Halloween filth grind have gone.

It looks gorgeous, but as implemented it smells like another attempt on the part of WG to tickle the fear of missing out (you want to buy the ships/camos/paraphernalia you don't yet have) and entice players to part with their money.

Meh

• Cool 2

[SRW]
Players
1,107 posts
6,209 battles

The captains logbook is only for the 'premium stuff'.

If you pay for it (or rarely obtain it by completing certain missions) you will see it there.

Otherwise, according to WG - it's not worth even showing it there.

[ASS]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,783 battles

I am a World of Warships collector (over $ 10.000 invested). I really like your Captain's Logbook, showing me a nice overview of my collection and what I am missing. But what sense does your logbook make, if I can't complete my collection? That was an real opportunity to offer a few nonavailable (and for you non-profitable) ships or camos to collectors, as an expression of gratitude for their financial support. We, the money investors are after all, the ones who keep this game to be "free to play". For instance, you could have offered to sell, or even better give away at least one rare and unavailable item for every "Collector's Flag" a player has obtained. That was a chance to give us collector's some earned recognition and joy for our financial support of your company!

...another missed opportunity Wargaming.

[SRW]
Players
1,107 posts
6,209 battles
On 12/14/2019 at 2:14 PM, wot_2016_gunner said:

My problem is that usually the perma camo for doubloons look like the ones of Bismarck and Cossack in your screenshot (like this PBEC503_Campbeltown.png) while the "event" camos that are not for sale look like this PGES318_Bismarck_Clean.png (here is the Bismarck one from the Hunt for Bismarck collection).

Personally, i don't have anything wrong with it. I just wanted to point itout

Seems like (as far as I've seen in the PTS) you can buy that premium event camo for doubloons, even for Brindisi and Venezia.

The symbol will stay as the one for the events - PGES318_Bismarck_Clean.png

• Cool 1

Players
69 posts
2,936 battles

What would have been nice, unless I’m just being thoroughly unobservant and have just missed it completely, is a note saying what events, promotions or drops you need or needed to do in order to get ships mssing from your collection. Or whether they’re gone never to return.

I hear about the Enterprise being rare, as are the Belfast and Imperator Nikolai I have in my port, and I haven’t seen an Arkansas Beta around for a long while. Likewise the ARP ships like those I got years back.

It would just be nice to have some sort of tag covering how they are acquired, and whether they are off-access “legacy” collectibles now.

Players
389 posts
13,853 battles

It's a nice idea and the display is quite appealing, but it feels very incomplete and haphazardly constructed right now. In fact, right now it is closer to 'Captain's Inventory' than a logbook, as nothing directly relating to the player's actions and achievements is recorded, but instead we have a record of various trinkets the player has collected. The most glaring omission is the lack of any recognition for tech tree ships. Isn't this the primary mechanic through which players experience the game and judge their progress? It leaves a bad taste in the mouth to see that only the ships we spend money or doubloons on are considered noteworthy by WG. Almost as bad is the absence of any recognition for player performance in Clan, Ranked or even Random Battles, which does nothing to dispel the impression given earlier. I know we have the Statistics page, but I don't see a good reason not to include our battle achievements in this more artistic display too.

Other, more minor problems include:

• No dates on anything, or a chronological display
  • In order to make use of any item displayed in the Logbook, we have to go back to port and into some other menu. Why not select a chosen ship or jump to a captain's 'Personal File' from the Logbook?
  • As noted by others above, there is no indication as to how unobtained items might be obtained.
  • Apparently inconsistent categorisation of camouflages: 'New Year: [ship]' (NY 2018 T6 camos) are considered 'Rare', but 'Snowy: [ship]' (NY 2019 T6 camos) are not, and Type 12 (NY 2017) are not shown at all
  • Inconsistent naming of camouflages: the names of the above camouflages are separated from the names of the ships they respectively apply to by a colon in the Logbook, but by a dash in the port. The Armoury has a different format too.

Players
389 posts
13,853 battles

Another item I've thought of: in the same vein as tech tree ships, a hall of fame for our 19 point captains would be wonderful, instead of the various dudes who only differ cosmetically and the broken trash 'talent' captains.

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
6,280 posts
12,775 battles

Simply useless. Sad that the artists had to spent time on this.