TheWarJaC

New Year event (collection, snowflakes, directives)

94 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
28 posts
334 battles

Captains!

Update 0.8.11 introduces our popular New Year's event for 2020 - please let us know what you think!

Snowflakes

As has become a good old tradition, ships of Tier V and above will feature Snowflakes with holiday bonuses. Depending on the ship's tier, you'll receive Coal, Steel, or Santa's Gift containers for blowing them off.

New Year Directives
The new game event offers 82 missions spread across seven Directives. For completing Directives and their missions, you'll get rewards (e.g. Gorizia, Steel and much more).

Shipbuilding Collection

The new collection consists of 20 elements related to various stages of the shipbuilding process, taking a WWII-era U.S. large cruiser as the example. The collection offers you insights into how a warship is built from a variety of viewpoints. It starts from the keel-laying stage, then moves to the perspectives of those involved in the construction process, the machinery used at dockyards, and the ship’s armament and equipment. Elements of the collection can be obtained from Shipbuilding containers only.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0811-new-year/

• Bad 13
  • Angry 10

[SH-HK]
Weekend Tester
67 posts
1,568 battles

You guys really outdone yourself. Bravo.

I would have never guessed that someone would be so insane to make this event almost outright impossible for most of people. I seriously can't do anything else then raise my hat for the chear amount of total mental loss you guys have managed to achive to even make this.

• Cool 22

[VL-NL]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
49 posts
16,943 battles

Are the servers on yet?

Because i cant get in?

[VL-NL]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
49 posts
16,943 battles

A just saw it prolounged till 1000 am in Belgium.

Mea culpa

Players
37 posts
2,787 battles

...or maybe they need to team to add some extra zeros to damage, bXP, fXP et al requirements

I mean, come on, it was still DOABLE. You don't really want someone to get PR for free, do you?

Do it, WG, why settle for 350fXP from CVs when you can ask for 3.5mils fXP?!

• Funny 5

[1701]
Players
61 posts
3,905 battles

I don't really understand why they needed to make the PR such a hard/expensive grind.

We also have tier 10 coal ships, these aren't time-gated like 30 days, the coal you can steadily build up and when you have enough just buy it.

And we even get coupons to make the cost even less. 

The whole PR grind requirements and or costs  feel out of place in wows if you look at the game economy  in general 

• Cool 6

[HOTC]
Players
70 posts
474 battles

It might be a similar issue problem as it was with NA server and it took an extra hour to fix and log in. I hope it won't be the same and it is only due to many players trying to log in at the same time ^_^;  

[NUTZ]
Players
1 post
8,107 battles

Woke up early, and the damn servers hamsters are not working .. 

"Waiting for Authorization"

"Run faster you damn Hamsters, Igor stop feeding them Yogurt!"

[VLOOT]
Players
167 posts
15,786 battles

New Year Directives
The new game event offers 82 missions spread across seven Directives. For completing Directives and their missions, you'll get rewards (e.g. Gorizia, Steel and much more)

Why would you make practically impossible assignments? You want us to spend money on the game, yet you give us assignments that even an unemployed person who is an ace in the game can't do in the time set for them.....

You have absolutely NO respect for your players.

ps. your servers should have been up 30 minutes ago. Bravo!

• Cool 10

Players
2 posts
14,050 battles

Right... been waiting for 36mins now. Quite annoying. When making a promise, you should know that you are expected to keep it. Thumbs down,

[VLOOT]
Players
167 posts
15,786 battles

What funny is, the assignment for the Puerto Rico is SO impossible, no one is going to spend gold on it to make it go faster... LOL LOL

Players
5,002 posts
10,039 battles
6 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

What funny is, the assignment for the Puerto Rico is SO impossible, no one is going to spend gold on it to make it go faster... LOL LOL

Yes they will. Expect to see some PRs sailing later this day.

[VLOOT]
Players
167 posts
15,786 battles

Yes they will. Expect to see some PRs sailing later this day.

Its cost 50 mio of those points, you can buy a few MIO... but it's impossible to get today even if you could  do all missions today

[FCAS]
Players
8 posts
4,537 battles
14 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

I watched a streamer on the NA server drop 8,000 doubloons into the PR build earlier today.

Couple of other CCs have already said that they'll be using doubloons to speed things up.

[VLOOT]
Players
167 posts
15,786 battles
2 minutes ago, IntrepidCap said:

I watched a streamer on the NA server drop 8,000 doubloons into the PR build earlier today.

Couple of other CCs have already said that they'll be using doubloons to speed things up.

I got this from the Flambass youtube video comments:

Someone did the math :)))))))))))))))))) Even if you do everything in time you are still going to miss 2,3 days to get all points:))))))))))) So you still need to pay doubloons to get it... PS: if you don't want to grind: 59000 doubloons and you have it ( @200 euros)

• Cool 1