You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pinco047

Removed carriers

22 comments in this topic

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
34 posts
10,121 battles

Is there any chance they will put back T5/T7/T9 carriers to the game?I think it would bring some ballance to the game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
10,117 posts
11,884 battles
6 minutes ago, Pinco047 said:

Is there any chance they will put back T5/T7/T9 carriers to the game?I think it would bring some ballance to the game.

Not anytime soon... if at all.

And IF they return, they will probably come in their own separate minibranch

Players
4,508 posts
7,604 battles
6 minutes ago, Pinco047 said:

Seems unlikely IMO, WG seem to have given up on CV completely now.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
142 posts
6,284 battles

They removed them to aleviate the strain on MM with low cv population, concentrating cvs in 4 tiers instead of 7.

They won't return them in that form, but another branch with those ships is entirely possible.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,536 posts
19,176 battles

Why tho? 

If you already have a STD and can’t get rid of it, why ask for another one? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles

Obviously we haven't spent months modelling these odd-tier carriers just to scrap them. At the moment we intend to transition them into second carrier branches of aircraft carriers with alternate gameplay styles - another way to influence the battle, a different approach to claiming victory for you and your team, as well as different interactions with allies and enemies. There are a lot of different options here: they could do a little less damage and assist their allies more instead in different ways like spotting enemies or through other advanced capabilities which were abundant with aircraft. It's possible that some types of aircraft in such alternative branches would be able to set smoke screens, saving heavily damaged ships from destruction. They might also be able to help allied battleships with putting out fires, or even land on water and capture objectives. Aircraft might even have something in their arsenal to help combat submarines should that ever become necessary.

These are just some of the options and you should understand that they are meant as auxiliary interactions that can be done together with directly causing damage to the enemy team, not instead of that. Certainly not all of these ideas will make it into the game, but those most promising ones have a good chance of seeing it through. Most likely such carriers and their squadrons would be slightly more difficult to play than simple strike setups, which would make them a good choice for those players who will have mastered the initial post-rework carrier gameplay.

Source:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

Although given the current situation it seems extremely unlikely that they'll ever be released.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
17 minutes ago, CroPanzer said:

What current situation?

- CVs are generally unpopular

- No work whatsoever is being done on the alt CV branch as per official statement

- CV changes seem to be in a lull despite being desperately needed

- first premium CV ever released after rework has very likely been a commercial failure

At this point I wouldn't be surprised at all if WG cancels alt CV lines.

• Cool 1

Players
1,055 posts
12,152 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

- CVs are generally unpopular

- No work whatsoever is being done on the alt CV branch as per official statement

- CV changes seem to be in a lull despite being desperately needed

- first premium CV ever released after rework has very likely been a commercial failure

At this point I wouldn't be surprised at all if WG cancels alt CV lines.

Well the first premium CV released after rework would be the Ark Royal right? And that doesnt seem to be a full failure to me, though i could be wrong. 

As for the Indomitable if you mean that, i think that has been put on hold for a bit since it turned out to be very tricky to balance that thing with it having no torpedos, It'd need either a whole lot of- basically infinite- aircraft, or very strong groups, both of which are things WG is a tad wary of. 

Furthermore i reckon that WG will wait a bit with CVs until subs are in a clearer spot, since a second CV class would be intended to function differently from "normal" CVs. Making effectively a second CV class is wiser to do AFTER they figure out subs than before doing so, since the second class may also get anti-sub capabilities as one of the tasks then. 

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
9 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

And that doesnt seem to be a full failure to me, though i could be wrong. 

She's been sitting at <50k battles played for months. Hardly the height of popularity.

And as it stands Indomitable will likely share the same fate given how terrible she is.

11 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Furthermore i reckon that WG will wait a bit with CVs until subs are in a clearer spot, since a second CV class would be intended to function differently from "normal" CVs. Making effectively a second CV class is wiser to do AFTER they figure out subs than before doing so, since the second class may also get anti-sub capabilities as one of the tasks then. 

Regular CVs already murder subs.

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
18,218 battles
3 hours ago, Pinco047 said:

I miss them, too. However, I'm happy all the odd tiers are gone - Every second ranked season can thus remain cv-less... :D 

[BBMM]
Players
6,179 posts
8,135 battles
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Why tho? 

If you already have a STD and can’t get rid of it, why ask for another one? 

Well, look at it this way - if you already have an STD, why would you use a rubber? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
1,055 posts
12,152 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

She's been sitting at <50k battles played for months. Hardly the height of popularity.

And as it stands Indomitable will likely share the same fate given how terrible she is.

Regular CVs already murder subs.

Last iteration CVs murdered subs yes. 

Did you read the updated submarine test stuff though? Subs will no longer surface, which means that regular CVs will- as far as i understand- have at best only bombs (with reduced damage?), and at worst no weapon at all against submarines. 

As for the Ark Royal, I can imagine it is not the most popular in amount of battles, but many people who bought it may simply not play it that much. I have roughly 40-50 premiums by now, heck i cant just play every single one of them that much lol

On EU at least 450 were sold (30 battles +), but i'll give you that thats a far lower number than i honestly had expected. 
I like the Ark Royal, its a cool looking ship, a gimmick, a historically cool ship, a premium of a tier and nation (CV) that i didnt have yet and all, but i agree the Indomitable looks fairly crappy atm- but im not expecting WG to release that any time soon. The indomitable looks like a worse of GZ right now. 
And it already wasnt received well in initial tests, but that was before AA buffs (reworking, okay) and CV aiming+ speed nerfs. 

I myself am not expecting the Indomitable any time soon, it was initially scheduled for 0.8.0 i believe (with the CV release) but that failed very hard. As a result, id say it is most likely long-term postponed until a new unique but working concept for the Indomitable has been figured out

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
142 posts
6,284 battles

Ark Royal is one of the most fun ships to take out, IMO, but as it has been said, people with lots of ships tend to play a bit of each, or are grinding something specificly.

There are a LOT more prem ships that are useless and are sitting in my port atm, than the Ark Royal.

With this event yolofest we're having for almost a full year, you can't really play stuff you want to, you're either grinding or you're the casual that doesn't spend much Money on the game.

[BBMM]
Players
6,179 posts
8,135 battles
31 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I myself am not expecting the Indomitable any time soon, it was initially scheduled for 0.8.0 i believe (with the CV release) but that failed very hard. As a result, id say it is most likely long-term postponed until a new unique but working concept for the Indomitable has been figured out

Give it a different loadout, for example give it depth-charges instead of rockets. 

Give it sonar-planes or whatever they can think of.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,876 posts
14,139 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Is that all battle types or randoms?

I have Ark Royal (it's the Ark Royal, after all), but mine lives more or less entirely in Ops (or the occasional Coop) as a) she's pretty good for that, and b) I'm bl00dy awful with CVs in proper battles.

Players
1,055 posts
12,152 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

I have Ark Royal (it's the Ark Royal, after all), but mine lives more or less entirely in Ops (or the occasional Coop) as a) she's pretty good for that, and b) I'm bl00dy awful with CVs in proper battles.

Do battle types outside of random and clan battles exist? :P

No those stats are only random really

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
1 hour ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Did you read the updated submarine test stuff though? Subs will no longer surface, which means that regular CVs will- as far as i understand- have at best only bombs (with reduced damage?), and at worst no weapon at all against submarines.

Even if that were true (which I personally doubt, having only two depths means to me that they can only dive at two depths, not that they're permanently submerged), rockets were capable of hitting subs at periscope depth last I checked.

5 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Pretty sure it's randoms only, but then again random population is supposed to be higher than coop or ops.

• Cool 1

Players
1,795 posts
19,006 battles

Eventually they will probably return in some form but it won't be anytime soon, WG appear to have lost interest in CVs and any other development other than submarines. 

So I wouldn't expect to hear anything for at least a year.