You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Günther Lütjens added directly to the Armory for 175k coal in 0.7.11. No campaign, no directives (for now?)

55 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

1e549c9a-1aa5-11ea-b20e-d89d6715223c.jpg

Armory

The "Commanders" Section

A new unique German Commander, Günther Lütjens, is now available for 175,000 Coal. He has four talents:

• Secondary Armament Expert: upon earning 100 "Secondary Battery Hits" ribbons, the secondary battery reload time speeds up by 15%. The talent can be activated once per battle.
  • Iron Strike: upon earning 140 "Main Battery Hits" ribbons, the main battery reload time speeds up by 7.5%. The talent can be activated once per battle.
  • Exemplary Reconnaissance: upon earning three "Spotted" ribbons, your ship's HP partially restores. The talent restores 300 HP per second and its action time in seconds is equal to ship's tier (i.e. 5 seconds for a Tier V ship, 7 seconds for a Tier VII ship, etc.). This talent can be activated multiple times.
  • Air Superiority: upon earning 30 "Rocket Hits", "Bomb Hits", or "Torpedo Hits" ribbons, aircraft restoration speeds up by 10%. This talent can be activated only once per battle.

The talents don't work in Clan Battles and training rooms.

The new Commander also has the following improved skills:

• Preventive Maintenance: –45% to the risk of modules being incapacitated (by default: –30%).
  • Expert Marksman: +1 deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm; +3 deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber up to and including 139 mm (by default: 0.7 deg/s / +2.5 deg/s).
  • Improved Engine Boost: +12.5% to the engine boost action time for the aircraft carrier's squadrons (by default: +10%).

Like other unique historical commanders, Günther Lütjens has some special customizations: a broad pennant, colored shell tracers, and a signal flare that gets fired over the ship when one of his talents is activated.

• Cool 1

Players
650 posts

a meh commander for a meh nation.

+15% 2ndary reload, ok this is fun for those all in 2ndary builds.

Italians only need 100 main gun hits and get 10% boost to reload.

CV skills and bonuses for a nation that has only 1 premium CV.

better preventive maintenacen, ok good i guess

Expert marksman, does any end german ship even need this?

+2,5% edge to others on engine boost....oh my god how game breaking.

• Cool 3

Players
101 posts
5,826 battles

Of course.
Every other commander in the game is focused on  a shiptype and can or could at least be earned otherwise.
Along come the Germans... how do we manage to screw them over this time? Oh... Ivan, I got great idea!

• Cool 8

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,641 posts
24,336 battles

that's bollocks, nutthing moar!!!!

GIB EFFIN 2ND FLAG EVENT 4 ZEEEE GERMANS and put him on top as reward or woat WEEGEE.......

really

+ stop putting in everything 4 coal! b4 commanders been a dub-thing. keep it so :P!

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,942 posts
5,356 battles

I'm just going to straight up say it: He's over priced at 175k coal.

More than a few better things you could spend your hard earned coal on instead.

• Cool 9

[SM0KE]
Players
5,835 posts
14,106 battles

He'd be nice to have, but 175K coal - jayzus!?

That's more or less a T10 coal premium, if you use a voucher; I'm reasonably sure I know which I'd get more use out of...

• Cool 5

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,942 posts
5,356 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

He'd be nice to have, but 175K coal - jayzus!?

That's more or less a T10 coal premium, if you use a voucher; I'm reasonably sure I know which I'd get more use out of...

Exactly.

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,124 posts
21,859 battles

Wait for WG's announcement in a couple of days: You can buy containers that have a chance to drop 10k coal or some useless fluff. :Smile_coin:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,106 posts
19,522 battles

I bought the russian captain for 175k and it's absolutely overpriced. Thing is, none of the coal ships I don't have interest me.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,183 battles
1 minute ago, Europizza said:

I bought the russian captain for 175k and it's absolutely overpriced. Thing is, none of the coal ships I don't have interest me.

i have the same problem, and since the germans get an accuracy buff as well, and i like playing my secondary kurfurst i might buy it regardless how stupidly overpriced it is

i am pretty sure a week later the coal ships will be updated and i will be kicking the wall

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,115 posts
20,086 battles

Frankly the spotting ribbon bonus is broken.

Because the spotting system is currently broken. It awards spotting ribbons even if you didn't actually spot the ship. You can even earn them when you're dead.

This makes Lütjens potentially extremely op. Wouldn't be an issue if WG were to actually spend time fixing bugs, but hah, who am I kidding?

• Cool 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,650 battles

I thought 35k coal was fair for a special commander. 35k is already quite a lot.

But the 175k (super)commanders give to me more a feeling of an NTC, having to grind a LOT for a significant edge over newer players.

This is going into a direction that I would preferably not want to follow.

I play World of Warships because I want to play with ships. I read those books (including Janes All The Worlds Fighting Ships), literally tens of thousands of pages. That's what interests me. Not the grind2win commanders.

I thought 35k was a right amount. 2 of my friends have not played as long as I have and haven't even reached tier 10 yet and for them 35k is a real big chunk of what they have earned by now. But the supercfommanders? That's taking this one step further again and I'm not really looking forward to it.

• Cool 9

[SSA]
[SSA]
Players
13 posts
7,270 battles

No camo-color changes possible and no second flag can be mounted on german ships yet.

Now, WG trolling - Lütjens price is 175k Cole... xD

Didn`t WG say, there will be a directive for captain, camo-color and a 2nd flag?

*edit: Sansonetti has a quite similar strength on a cruiser and you can get it by playing the directive.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,326 posts
6,713 battles
37 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Because the spotting system is currently broken. It awards spotting ribbons even if you didn't actually spot the ship. You can even earn them when you're dead.

This makes Lütjens potentially extremely op. Wouldn't be an issue if WG were to actually spend time fixing bugs, but hah, who am I kidding?

Does this mean that I can get desunken? :O

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
5,979 posts
11,650 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I can confirm that this bug seems to still be there.

I ahd it on Trap just some days or a week or so ago, but don't know exactly when.

[CATS]
Players
27,398 posts
14,560 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Fixed an error that sometimes caused a player to receive the "Spotted" ribbon after their ship was destroyed.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0811-new-year/

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles

The only ship I'd use him on is a DD. Leave it up to wargaming to create a commander of which nearly a third of his special abilities only work on a single (premium) ship..wtf.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,115 posts
20,086 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

*fix*

Nothing about how you can earn it despite not even being in the general vicinity tho, which was the original point. Earning the ribbon after you're dead is pointless anyway.

[BIF]
Players
333 posts
4,989 battles

Would have been better if WG gave us some options for buying him and the russian commander. For example, like : 50k coal for the commander with 1 skill point, 80k for 6 point, 120k for 10 point. ( Just totally random numbers.) Probably i would buy them in this case, and still could work as a " coal sink".

175k ? Very no.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,751 posts
8 hours ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

a meh commander for a meh nation.

+15% 2ndary reload, ok this is fun for those all in 2ndary builds.

Italians only need 100 main gun hits and get 10% boost to reload.

CV skills and bonuses for a nation that has only 1 premium CV.

better preventive maintenacen, ok good i guess

Expert marksman, does any end german ship even need this?

+2,5% edge to others on engine boost....oh my god how game breaking.

No they dont 100 ribbons on Sansoneti gets you 10% consumable duration boost, the reload boost you get by earning Confederate and you will agree thats harder then landing 100 sec hits...

[DC-DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,709 battles

I think I can live without Günther at that price.. I could understand it if it was a 19 pointer but 10 point no way WG