Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MementoMori_6030

IFHE

11 comments in this topic

Players
483 posts
4,666 battles

Regardless of IFHE rework or not - I have so far not used that skill. Now Grand Admiral Thr... err Thea Kreutzer got her 19th skill point, and i wanted to her to learn that skill - but the game says it wouldn't be effective (or not doing anything?). I planned to use her on my Torpitz. Is IFHE a skill not available for BBs?

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,825 posts
7,016 battles

It is avaliable, just not recommended (that is why it is crossed over). So it will work on the main guns and secondaries. 

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,062 posts
14,679 battles

You can still take it, game just says it’s generally not advised to take it on BBs(as it’s only considering main guns for which it’s useless). Still nice for the secondaries tho :)

Players
968 posts
13,063 battles

The crossed out skills are suggestions, and they don't make allowance for specific ships but rather have those suggestions class based (and on most BB's you wouldn't want IFHE). I have IFHE on my Massachussets, even though the skill is crossed out. Be aware that the Tirpitz already gets the improved german he pen on it's secondaries so you may want to invest in something else... Highly doubt it's worth the 4 points.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,825 posts
7,016 battles
11 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Thank you. I was thinking it could be pretty good for the 2ndaries. Maybe I should wait if and how IFHE gets changed.

It is good for the secondaries as it allows all of them to penetrate 32 mm of armor, a very important threshold. And since we have no idea how, when or if the IFHE change comes I say get it now anyways.

Players
483 posts
4,666 battles
Gerade eben, ollonborre sagte:

It is good for the secondaries as it allows all of them to penetrate 32 mm of armor, a very important threshold. And since we have no idea how, when or if the IFHE change comes I say get it now anyways.

And then my 2ndaries will overpenetrate DDs? That would be quite a mess... :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,089 posts
11,109 battles
19 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

And then my 2ndaries will overpenetrate DDs? That would be quite a mess... :Smile_veryhappy:

Umm  I suggest to you that you should invest some time and read how the penetration of the HE shells function in this game :Smile_hiding:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Armor_Penetration#HE_penetration

[-LD-]
Players
113 posts
5,414 battles
1 hour ago, ollonborre said:

And we will most definitely get free retrains anyways.

Players
483 posts
4,666 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Sigimundus sagte:

Umm  I suggest to you that you should invest some time and read how the penetration of the HE shells function in this game :Smile_hiding:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Armor_Penetration#HE_penetration

I had Yamato AP shots ricochet point blank from broadside DDs. I had Yamato HE shots overpenetrate angled DDs. With such things possible, with 2ndaries not aiming for vulnerable areas and with a multitude of ships with individual armor schemes I will just shoot and see what happens rather than study mechanics partially relying on RNG and divine intervention. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,089 posts
11,109 battles
3 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

HE shots overpenetrate

OK please read it. HE shells can not overpenetrate any ship.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Ammo#High_Explosive

High explosive (HE) rounds, like AP, require penetration to do damage. However, unlike AP, HE ignores armor angling and cannot over-penetrate a target (although it can still citadel). High explosive rounds will do 0 damage on shatters, 33% damage on penetrations, and 100% damage on citadel penetrations. HE penetration can be calculated for most ships by dividing the shell diameter by 6 and rounding to the nearest whole number. The HE shell can penetrate armor up to, but not including, the calculated value.

Sign in to follow this