You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.11: New Year

174 comments in this topic

[_FFS_]
Players
31 posts
10,611 battles
12 hours ago, Flo_HF said:

Got scammed on 20x "big gifts" - got nothing. I demand a refund

What the f... u are talking Flo 

U are asking refund from wargaming ??hahahahhahahhahahah

Wargaming will just laugh at u 

They will never give refunds here 

Try anything different buddy

[_FFS_]
Players
31 posts
10,611 battles
4 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Why scammed?

Were some specific prizes guaranteed? Or it's a loot box and you fell for it due to your gambling problems?

I'm afraid you're the only one to blame and you can forget about the refund. And publicly crying about it just makes you look bad.

Have a nice day.

Bro if u really value ur money u will not talk like this

And 

Wargaming said that there are very high chance of getting ships in those containers even we open 20 boxes of them and we didn't get anything then the statement that was given by them is called as a lie 

And 

As we see who can lie as good as wargaming 

PR perfectly prooves that and nw slowly people realizing that they also lied in these boxes where they said there is high chance 

Lie: wargaming 

Wargaming : lie 

[T-N-T]
Players
3,803 posts
18,625 battles

Wait, people are surprised they get no ships in loot boxes? Where were they living? Mars?

Everybody should know by now any type of loot box is a scam if you are only interested in a specific prize. Only if the value of every possible item in the box is woth the money of the box for you do you actually buy a loot box. Otherwise it's a very silly waste of money.

Oh well, I guess people somehow still don't get it and that's why we're flooded with this lootbox mechanic...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
4 hours ago, Flo_HF said:

Don't write if U can't read...

Actually you either didn't explain it well or you're crying over your gambling addiction which is a wrong place to do so.

4 hours ago, PRAVEENN said:

And 

Wargaming said that there are very high chance of getting ships in those containers even we open 20 boxes of them and we didn't get anything then the statement that was given by them is called as a lie 

And 

PR perfectly prooves that and nw slowly people realizing that they also lied in these boxes where they said there is high chance 

I value my money, that's why I don't waste it on loot boxes inside a game... :cap_old:

Choosing to gamble with them is accepting a (high) chance that you will not get anything useful out of them.

It also doesn't give you any right to complain later on, especially not ask for a refund.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[BAD-A]
Players
645 posts
9,404 battles
5 hours ago, PRAVEENN said:

And 

And 

They don't say a high chance though, so they don't lie.  The Mega ones they say have the "highest chance" i.e. higher than the others.  So far it looks like around a 13% drop rate for Megas - bear in mind how percentages work, you could buy 100 and not get any.  This is why people get 20 at a time to maximise their chances of a ship*.  So you can "expect" around 2 -3 for a 20 box bulk buy.  But, you start by getting the lower tier ones that you don't have first - and CVs with the T9 and rarest ships the lowest chance.

* I wouldn't put it past WarGambling to have higher drop % on the 20 crates purchase than the 8 crate purchase - afterall that's what I would do were I in their shoes and unscrupulous...  In fact, now I think of it, the 20 box bulk probably is set up to give you a better chance of getting the higher tiers than the smaller package deal, as they KNOW that we will post what we get on the forum.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

^ Exactly.

Even if they said "high chance"... where is the definition of "high chance"? How much is "high"? If it's not defined, it's vague and that's the adjective WG loves the most.

But actually they are saying "higher chance" which means exactly what @MyopicHedgehog said - "higher than the others" (other boxes)... It can still be very low though. Even if the ship drop rate of the "Mega box" is 1% and the ship drop rate of the other boxes is less than 1% the "higher than the others" is still technically true. No lies there, just your optimistic hope to be the way you want it to be.

You would think that players that have 4-5k battles and have been here for years know this by now.

• Cool 3

Players
204 posts
246 battles

I have no issue with loot crates in WG Xmas crates have always proved good value, I do however have an issue with them rigging the boxes so first T5's come out then 6,7,CV, 8 then 9's, occasionally very occasionally one might arrive out of this sequence to justify WG's spurious claims of randomness, but it was plain to see in my opening and many on YouTube that the boxes were rigged this year to pull low tiers first. So if you want the 9's you have to buy a crap ton of crates to wade through the lower tier junk first. I Thought the drop rate was decent and the value you got ok. But when I got to the T9's there was only one ship in the packs and little gold. Last 2 years you felt as though you had a least a fair chance of pulling a ship from any tier at any time.

I bought a couple of packs myself, a couple from my daughters and grandkids as my xmas gifts and the final pack I bought from the armoury with gold as it became painfully obvious I was only gonna pull one t9 at a time at best from the crate packs meaning multiple extra crates would need to be purchased, and they were pretty much same price as buying them from the prem store individually with that drop rate. I was planning on keeping my coal and FXP for new ships next year but when the drop rate became 1 ship per crate I got the last 2 ships from the armoury to save over £100. I probably would have bought several more packs so duplicates would have been replaced with gold but they even removed that "honest" feature from the pack, you no longer get gold for duplicate ships. BUYER BEWARE.

I didn't mind loot crates, they are optional and you are not obligated to buy them in any way shape or form. But do not think they are "random" anymore, they have been tweaked so you have to buy many more to get what you want or need. I bought less this year than last year due to WG's new and obvious rigging tactics ( designed I am sure to milk away accumulated resources and grab as much cash as possible ). For me it has had the opposite effect, I bought less packs this year and lost any lingering belief in the crates being random. And as such will no longer buy them. I stopped playing WoT 2 years ago due to similar grab it now tactics and I am pretty sure unless an absolute cast iron diamond of a deal comes to WG (unlikely) my spending is done in WoW also. You cheaped out and cheated your customers this year WG on crates and the debacle over the Pueto Rico. And will lose long term customers over a short term grab. 

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,298 posts
26,302 battles
On 12/10/2019 at 10:11 PM, colonel_duce said:

the most important question: will there be Ho Ho Ho horn on ships during this update?

Hope not!

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
On 12/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, colonel_duce said:

the most important question: will there be Ho Ho Ho horn on ships during this update?

1 hour ago, tsounts said:

Hope not!

If they add it I hope it's only audible to the person using it, not the others.

The most annoying horn, ever.

I have enough of them while opening the Santa boxes, I'm not 4 years old.

[ROUGH]
Players
427 posts
19,134 battles

Hello, I am not sure whether this is a 0.8.11 issue or if this GUI change occured earlier, but I have noticed that in battle the angle between turrets' orientations and the aiming point is no longer displayed. I used this info when I got new ships to note the max angles so I could adjust the ship angling tactics accordingly. Please @Crysantos, @YabbaCoe, does WG have the turret extreme angles available publicly anywhere? If not, please add them ASAP, preferably into the port ship stats. Thank you in advance.

• Cool 2

WG Staff
3,472 posts
15,410 battles
1 hour ago, Yamashiro42 said:

Hello, I am not sure whether this is a 0.8.11 issue or if this GUI change occured earlier, but I have noticed that in battle the angle between turrets' orientations and the aiming point is no longer displayed. I used this info when I got new ships to note the max angles so I could adjust the ship angling tactics accordingly. Please @Crysantos, @YabbaCoe, does WG have the turret extreme angles available publicly anywhere? If not, please add them ASAP, preferably into the port ship stats. Thank you in advance.

Are you talking about the mod that was displaying this in relation to the target you are aiming at?

Greetings, Crysantos

[ROUGH]
Players
427 posts
19,134 battles
20 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Are you talking about the mod that was displaying this in relation to the target you are aiming at?

As English is not my first language, you may get confused, but reading my text repeatedly I did not mention any target ship. Just the display of degrees that was in the "vanilla" game inside the circles that are showing relative position of the guns to the viewpoint. The same circles that are orange when the guns are loading and turn green when the guns are loaded.

WG Staff
3,472 posts
15,410 battles
1 hour ago, Yamashiro42 said:

As English is not my first language, you may get confused, but reading my text repeatedly I did not mention any target ship. Just the display of degrees that was in the "vanilla" game inside the circles that are showing relative position of the guns to the viewpoint. The same circles that are orange when the guns are loading and turn green when the guns are loaded.

Ah sorry, now I know what you are referring to. Yes this was removed on purpose to make our HUD a bit clearer as this feature was not used by the vast majority of players.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
246 battles

Do WG think we in any way believe they put this level of work into the shipyard so only 0.01% of the player base were able to achieve the PR. the man hours, development time and the budget, all this put in place for a hand full of people, I call absolute BS on their statements.

You simply made it this hard of a grind to first milk away some of the accumulated gold players have earned, or the gold players would accumulate through the Xmas crates , meaning they would be buying all year round not spending accumulated game wealth. I myself made over 48k from crates and as the true cost became clear was still intending to put it into the PR for a time. Luckily I didn't nor will I in any way support the shipyard in its current version. The only thing WG did not plan with the ship yard release was the backlash from the community. The Puerto Rico like everything WG does was at the start middle and end all to do with making money, a purely planned and totally calculated event aimed at making WG money, doubling up on doubloon spends and double the price of the ships value versus other current ship prices.

If they had been honest and said it would be A) a mega grind with varying levels of gold spending required to speed up the process. B) made this way because every player earning one at T10 would simply break T10 MM. C) as a test bed for future shipyard events. Then players would have been far more forgiving and quite probably excited for its future use and they would still have made a ton of money from doing part FREE part Payment for the ship.

The Puerto Rico was simply marketed this way to milk away accumulated resources and gold earned from Xmas crates which many would have kept to finance the game throughout the up coming year...No more no less. A totally calculated move by WG have no doubts.

For me personally i'm tired of these cash at any cost tactics from WG and have bought my last items from them.

They screwed up royally, 

• Cool 1

[ROUGH]
Players
427 posts
19,134 battles
34 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Yes this was removed on purpose to make our HUD a bit clearer as this feature was not used by the vast majority of players.

OK, so what is now the way to research what the extreme turret angles are, or where I can get the values from when I can no longer use that removed GUI feature for it?

WG Staff
3,472 posts
15,410 battles
49 minutes ago, Yamashiro42 said:

OK, so what is now the way to research what the extreme turret angles are, or where I can get the values from when I can no longer use that removed GUI feature?

You don't need to research it, it will come over time with a feeling for the ships you're playing. I'm sure you will adapt very quickly.

Greetings, Crysantos

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
7 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

it will come over time with a feeling for the ships you're playing. I'm sure you will adapt very quickly.

I found those percentages REALLY useful. It's not that they were cluttering up the aiming reticle or anything like that. Please return those (if it can't be done on the reticle, then on the "compass" in the lower left corner.

• Cool 4

Players
204 posts
246 battles
15 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

You don't need to research it, it will come over time with a feeling for the ships you're playing. I'm sure you will adapt very quickly.

Greetings, Crysantos

Its nice you decided to judge the reaction on the forum, its also nice your answering minor issues like the HUd, but M8...come on update us already on the PR storm or give us a reasonable answer to why the xmas crates had gold value removed from duplicate ships or the reason the crates have been "adjusted" so the T5,6,7,CV, 8's and 9's now come out almost exclusively in that order. They are no longer random drops. You have to wade through a ton of low tier ships before you get much of a shot at the higher tiers on the list. The crate issues are kinda being overshadowed by the Pueto Rico disaster. But an answer on the border line almost rigged crates also needs addressing.

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Players
3,803 posts
18,625 battles
42 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

I'm with MrFingers on this. Definitey very useful to see the angles when you want to see them.

• Cool 4

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

What WoWs is doing is seriously illegal. It amounts to fraud and extortion.

And just think... the PR (in this case, Public relations, NOT the mythical BS BB) nightmare will just get worse and worse...

No one trusts them any more.

[_FFS_]
Players
31 posts
10,611 battles
10 minutes ago, Kiwi1960 said:

What WoWs is doing is seriously illegal. It amounts to fraud and extortion.

And just think... the PR (in this case, Public relations, NOT the mythical BS BB) nightmare will just get worse and worse...

No one trusts them any more.

It is illegal but wargaming dont care about the player thoughts soon world of Warships will loose a lot of players 

Due to this 

Even players ccs and all of them are opposing they are just acting like nothing happened 

F... Wargaming ruined everything 

And they don't want to change anything from the directives and missions 

I guess they are just waiting upto the end of the update and don't care about talks and decisions of the players the only thing they need is moneyyyyyyy

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
38 minutes ago, PRAVEENN said:

It is illegal but wargaming dont care about the player thoughts soon world of Warships will loose a lot of players 

Due to this 

Even players ccs and all of them are opposing they are just acting like nothing happened 

F... Wargaming ruined everything 

And they don't want to change anything from the directives and missions 

I guess they are just waiting upto the end of the update and don't care about talks and decisions of the players the only thing they need is moneyyyyyyy

Well, since posting what I did, I have had a discussion with my wife (and cat) and we have decided a few things.

Currently, I am dealing with Terminal Lung Cancer. I have 20 something days of premium left. I TRIED playing the game today, but my heart isn't in it any more.

I may play a few games a day from now on, but I'm done. I started playing here on the 21st July, 2015 but migrated to the N.A. server where I play mostly and run a clan with 40 members. In the morning, I will tell them that I'm not going to play as much as I have in the past, and that means NO ONE CENT MORE FOR WAR GAMING!

The bovine excrement apology made my decision much easier. On the one hand, they say they do it for the hard core gamer with no life due to not having a job due to being disabled or unemployed... really? I played to take my mind off the cancer, my wife knew this, so the excuse that it was for people to take their minds off their problems is total BS! It was nothing more than a money grab made by Russians who act more like crooked mobsters than they do businessmen and it made my decision much much easier.

Tomorrow morning, I will be contacting a few people who work for the E.U. to help people who have been ripped off by crooks to seek justice. The Commerce watch dogs should look into WG.NET because this shouldn't be allowed to happen. Personally, I didn't get ripped off... but I want WG.NET to buy my accounts from me on all four servers because they wont let me sell my accounts, but really, I wouldn't sell them because that would be unfair to the buyer... worse... given the level of dishonesty, I wouldn't get much for them. I want those who were involved in this corrupt practice to face prison time.

Why? Because they have taken all the fun out of the game, and they have the (I'm fighting the urge to use foul language here) nerve to say they did it for disabled people.... unemployed people and disabled people do NOT have that kind of money to throw away on a game at this time of year... the mere fact that they would use disabled people as an excuse for their TOTAL DISHONESTY is beneath CONTEMPT! How LOW can you go to use disabled people as the reason you decided to steal money shows me EXACTLY what kind of HUMAN FILTH we are dealing with.... knowing that, how can anyone enjoy this game any more?

I won't advocate anyone to leave the game, that is a personal choice, but sooner or later, you will get scammed.

Scammers be scammers and crooks be crooks and they do not deserve our support. Lock up the crooks.

I am a disabled person... not only do i have Cancer, which on its own is bad enough, but I also suffer from Multiple Sclerosis and have a heart condition.

I think that apology where they said they did this for disabled people is an insult to EVERYONE! They can all go to hell, being the crooks they are... and... and if they personally are not crooks, then they are justa s bad for workign for crooks... tarred by the same brush as the guilty... with the stench of greed lingering in the air where ever they go.

I'll spend the time with my wife and our cat.

• Cool 1

[O_P]
Players
28 posts
On 12/16/2019 at 3:43 PM, Crysantos said:

Ah sorry, now I know what you are referring to. Yes this was removed on purpose to make our HUD a bit clearer as this feature was not used by the vast majority of players.

Hm. Not sure how you determined who was using what. But I'm missing that, too.

• Cool 1