You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.11: New Year

174 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Beta Tester
197 posts
8,863 battles
6 hours ago, Palubarac said:

I would really like to see the guy in charge of the numbers and math.

And the number of his dealer, please.

Besides the main grind which is insane and impossible for almost all players... you're giving 4 shipbuilding tokens per daily combat mission completed so 8 tokens per day. And you need 200 for the first booster and then 300/350 for the other ones.

Did that guy calculated any percentages? Does he have some serious disabilities?

You have a month for the whole event. Doing all daily combat missions and gaining 8 tokens per day, in practice you cannot obtain enough tokens for one single booster.

Let that sink in.

No matter how hard I try to grasp ANY of this bull$hit... I can't. I simply can't.

I feel your math is off on the Daily combat missions (You are only counting the mission completion, each stage also rewards some shipbuilding tokens)

You get 2 per stage of the daily combat chain plus 4 for completing the mission (For a total of 10 tokens)
Doing both daily combat missions gets you 20 shipbuilding tokens.

32 days of those get you 640 Tokens
Which is enough for, up to 2 boosters

Booster totals are 
1st and 2nd - 200 tokens each
3rd and 4th - 300 tokens each
5th/ 6th/7th and 8th - 350 tokens each

So it is possible to get some boosters.

That said, its still stupidly difficult to achieve as by the time you have gotten enough tokens for the 1st or 2nd booster, you will likely have completed a directive or 2 and thus the boosters will be more expensive.

[_FFS_]
Players
31 posts
10,611 battles

Common wargaming what are u thinking of ur self ??

Look at the directives of the season are u Shure Abt it ???

Even a person who have lot of camos and special flags can't complete that 

Please wargaming don't make the players cry 

Those directives make no sense 

Try to remodify it or else,it's a big failure of all time on ur self 

And by the way it is impossible to complete the directives for any player and u wargaming indirectly asking us to invest a lot of money on ur game for PR

it is a biggest downfall of world of Warships in update 0.8.11

Din't u people even think while preparing those directives???

How can that guy be Soo stupid 

Does that person belong to the world of warships staff 

I am asking 

Conclusion 0.8.11

Directives : impossible 

PR : impossible 

Wargaming : greedy towards money 

Players
33 posts
7,544 battles

Yeah, they screwed it up. I understand that WoWs is commercial product. They want to earn money.  I really don't mind it.  It's f2p, so premium account, some cosmetics, some original ships and also boosters must exist. Also normal is that if you have event, you have 3 options. Grind quite  a lot = have free stuff. Easy grind and some payment = free stuff and finally pay quite a lot  = free stuff. Here?  I feel totally embarrassed.  I must pay a lot, and don't even sure if it will be enough. They are still claiming, that it is possible to get puerto rico for free. They are lying that gorizo is easier than friedrich.   I'm normal adult player.  I'm buying premium, i have quite a lot premium ships and in most of boxes event  i buy some.   Now i will not cry, that i will uninstall game, and never come back, but i will not buy anything in this even.  Also, with so unattractive event i will not be entertained, which can make me drop game for a while. Not for revenge - just from boredom.

• Cool 4

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles

@MrConway my problem is that through the entire update, I can't even do the first directive; the first one, not the 7th one, the bloody first one. Can you please tell me what a F2P player like my can get from this event? Daily shipments? Useless to complete anything. Snow flakes? Okay-ISH, but worse than the last year, plus I don't have any tier 10. Results, I get almost nothing

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
15 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@MrConway my problem is that through the entire update, I can't even do the first directive; the first one, not the 7th one, the bloody first one. Can you please tell me what a F2P player like my can get from this event? Daily shipments? Useless to complete anything. Snow flakes? Okay-ISH, but worse than the last year, plus I don't have any tier 10. Results, I get almost nothing

Buddy, even CCs will struggle A LOT to complete the directives. Playing A LOT in the middle of the holidays. What a gift from WG, huh?

As for you and me... we will struggle A LOT even for Gorizia, PayTo Rico is something I wouldn't be able to obtain even if the missions would be 10x easier. (removing one zero at the end from each one).

[_FFS_]
Players
31 posts
10,611 battles
58 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

U are true they are still saying it is easy than pef 

I guess they are deff how can normal guy can complete that 3rd directive??? Even that gorizia is very difficult to get 

I am questioning wargaming 

If it is not possible to get PR then why they said it is for free ???

Ok let's think like this,if I completed all directives and all daily missions then  can i get PR? I guess no 

Let's talk about completion of directives I will dump all my camos and special flags and all stuff i have  

Can i complete all directives ????

No no no no no no 

It is not even possible for a CC to complete them on time 

Then why wargaming is still argue that it is easy to get PR 

How can u people use the word easy ???

By looking at the directives

Please stop lying wargaming 

And the new statement of wargaming shld be 

"Update 0.8.11 - festive season 

We lied to u there is no free ship for players this time.just pay a lot of money buy gorizia and buy 58000 doubloons and get PR 

or just uninstall the world of Warships

Go out and enjoy ur holidays" 

I can nw happily uninstall game as there is no use even i play the game i am gonna get nothing as said by the wargaming 

Fake wargaming fake wargaming 

Fake world of Warships team

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles
Alle 13/12/2019 alle 11:30, PRAVEENN ha scritto:

U are true they are still saying it is easy than pef 

I guess they are deff how can normal guy can complete that 3rd directive??? Even that gorizia is very difficult to get 

If fact my mind set was that even if I couldn't get Puerto Rico for free, I might still have been able Gorizia, which I would have use to train Sansonetti (which I got completely for free btw).

[FAM]
Players
29 posts
18,359 battles

It's perfectly legitimate for Wargaming to try making money. I spend by myself some € because I trusted in WoT and WoWs and just wanted to reward the developers work. Latter, when I suffered all the Chrysler, SirFoch, Obj264-4, and bot/gold spreading, I left WoT and focused on WoWs, hoping this game won't ends the same way as WoT.

We all have seen where this game is going to be. And, let me say, the problem is our, because if we don't spend a single cent on it, Wargaming must change it's way of making money.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
7 minutes ago, tom_kat said:

It's perfectly legitimate for Wargaming to try making money. I spend by myself some € because I trusted in WoT and WoWs and just wanted to reward the developers work. Latter, when I suffered all the Chrysler, SirFoch, Obj264-4, and bot/gold spreading, I left WoT and focused on WoWs, hoping this game won't ends the same way as WoT.

We all have seen how where this game is going to be. And, let me say, the problem is our, because if we don't spend a single cent on it, Wargaming must change it's way of making money.

You must have no clue how much money they make.

We're talking MILLIONS of green dollars annually (yeah, green bills are loved in comrade Russia as well) from all the premium time, premium ships, bundles, loot boxes etc.

So the profit is not an issue, it's the greed of the ones in charge. They want more and more, no matter what.

Once they realize they are losing players, including the ones that are supporting their game it will be too late... and guess what - I won't be sorry for their failure because this is not the way to treat your players. Especially not on Christmas/New Year.

• Cool 1

[FAM]
Players
29 posts
18,359 battles
3 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

We're talking MILLIONS of green dollars annually (yeah, green bills are loved in comrade Russia as well) from all the premium time, premium ships, bundles, loot boxes etc.

So the profit is not an issue, it's the greed of the ones in charge. They want more and more, no matter what.

Once they realize they are losing players, including the ones that are supporting their game it will be too late... and guess what - I won't be sorry for their failure because this is not the way to treat your players. Especially not on Christmas/New Year.

Of course they want more and more and more money, companies first objetive is this. It's no accident that they moved from Belarus to Cyprus so the compay pay less taxes, f.ex. The problem is that they released multiplatform games so they can reach more players, so they could have more opportunities of getting incomes, so they can hold this business longer.

But as you say: this acts should not be done this way on this days.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
23 minutes ago, tom_kat said:

Of course they want more and more and more money, companies first objetive is this. It's no accident that they moved from Belarus to Cyprus so the compay pay less taxes, f.ex. The problem is that they released multiplatform games so they can reach more players, so they could have more opportunities of getting incomes, so they can hold this business longer.

But as you say: this acts should not be done this way on this days.

Nobody has a problem with WG wanting money, that's absolutely normal. People have problem with the way they are trying to get those profits.

Plenty of people are happy with buying premium time, getting a few premium ships etc.

Basically nobody is happy with the loot box system but as long as there are stupid people overpaying for $hit, they will continue doing it.

Not a single player will be happy with this event. Yeah, there are whales who will spend 200-250 euros on PR even tho she is not worth anywhere near that. (there are players who own her already).

So the question for WG is... is a few thousand euros (peanuts for them) worth having the whole community bashing you for days and losing so much reputation and trust?

I'd say definitely NO but I guess the Russian spreadsheets tell a different story.

• Cool 2

[TEARS]
Players
40 posts
8,376 battles

Is it actualy possible to solve the shipbuilding enterly without spending a single doubloons?

Also are continus boos per minute stacking? Like The first for 200 tokens gives you 104, and lets say you get the one for doubloons that give also 104 are that going to be 208 per minute in the end?

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
97 posts
18 hours ago, hjsteg said:

There must be an error in Wargamings development where they factored up the requirement values by a factor of 10 when the patch went into production, thus making the missions impossibly hard. They are so hard I won't even try. I will completely ignore this event if they don't lower the requirements. I am watching this video of Flamu ridiculing the mission requirements. Flamu is calling the requirements absurd. And yes, they are.

Thanks HJSTEG for bringing Flamu and co. streaming to my attention (im laying on my knees lifting my folded hands to the air) thank you, thank you, thank you.

The clip are hillarious but sadly also a deep serious prove on how "Flamingo up" wg are and how they dont give a "Flying Flamingo" for the players (us paying their monthly).

Most of it we knew in advance, but Flamu say it, so NOONE can be in doubt.

I may get a ban for this, so see you next year.  Merry xmas and a happy new year to your all (and please watch your fingers)  :Smile_smile:

• Cool 3

[T-N-T]
Players
3,801 posts
18,594 battles
1 hour ago, Realazio said:

Is it actualy possible to solve the shipbuilding enterly without spending a single doubloons?

Also are continus boos per minute stacking? Like The first for 200 tokens gives you 104, and lets say you get the one for doubloons that give also 104 are that going to be 208 per minute in the end?

No, it's not possible.

You would basically need to have an unlimited stock of the asian trifecta of camos and all special signals. On top of that you'd need to be a unicum to assure really good games AND you'd have to play for 10+ hours daily. Probably even more after each new directive hits.

And yes, those bonuses should stack.

• Cool 2

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
97 posts

"Increased the speed of exiting the game client when full-screen mode is active".

No changes on my PC - still takes 10-15 sec to close down !!!

[TORAZ]
Players
45 posts
36,822 battles

Even better , the ship isn t even good.. Not going to be suited for this meta at all, bad accuracy-huge-Battleship handling, slight better reload with worse disperson worse armor battleship... I would love to have it as a trofe or meme ship, but not like this

• Cool 2

[GATOI]
Players
61 posts
29,992 battles

16 minutes ago, Filimon_Konstantinidis said:

All the above assuming there is no base shipbuilding speed

I guess there is a base speed cause according to Sehales post :

9 hours ago, Sehales said:
  • Directives 2 – 5 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;

• The sixth directive should be completed within four days of the directive’s opening;

• The final directive should be completed at the latest 24 hours before the overall event ends;

So it is possible but only for those that spend a LOT of hours daily AND have a lot of camos/flags AND are experienced enough to achieve the goals as efficiently as possible. The thing is that WG should have just promoted the fact that the actual event rewards are those you will receive in the process of completing the shipbuilding, while the ship is just the cherry on top, its ONLY for those who are willing to pay something extra in the form of time and/or money.

In other words the ship is there ONLY for those who have no life or for those who at least get 1 booster (6k Doubloons/20+ euros) and again quite a lot of dedication. BUT the rewards are there for all, for each one's level of commitment there are plenty of rewards throughout the building process. check the process bar and you ll see. WG gave the wrong impression that ship is the reward only and it will be achievable with a little grind, well its not.

What gets on my nerves though is that after all this shiPstorm they still couldnt communicate it right. Perception zero....

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Players
45 posts
36,822 battles

Well done WG

[VL-NL]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
103 posts
20,653 battles

Saddly that WG ruin an update that isn't complete bad.

The idea of a dockyard is great , the execution is bad.

WG u managed to "again" ruin a briljant idea .

And remember the missions layout for the building tokens (and the FREE T7 Cruiser in mission 3) are not the doing of 1 person .

In most companies the staff has to aggree with it . 

So blame the orchestra and not anlone the pianist.

Kr

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
246 battles

The crap storm over Puerto Rico is over shadowing, some other glaring kicks in the teeth for the player base, Mainly nerfs to the steel and other rewards for snow flakes which are less than half of last years. I'm not gonna complain much over this as they are FREE and WG are under no obligation to offer them at all, and in those circumstances WG are still generous but not as generous as last year despite massive increases in their profits over the last year. 

My main complaint is the loot crates...also nerfed from previous years with less and less in them ( I kinda expected this as WG have made it clear many players have a large amount of resources of all kinds and have stopped spending in game, and put in place things like the Armoury to milk away these resources as well as reduced payouts in loot crates all year to get these players buying again). Even worse is the crates now appear to be flat out rigged. I buy little if anything all year and splash out a little at xmas, I purchase a couple of packs myself and my kids and grandkids get me a few more packs. This allows me to usually pick up a lot of that years premium ships at a gifted or discounted price. Works for me anyway. This year however I required 20 ships as WG included all the T5 prems ( another grab ) whereas last year only the rare Cesare and kamikaze were in the loot crates. 

I first purchased 3x t5's from the prem shop, £39 to increase my chances of better drops from crates. Exeter I bought from Armoury with accumulated gold as well as Witchita( with voucher ). I then purchased some crates and the sequence of ships from those crates went, all the t5, next all T6 then 2x T7, then all the premium cv one after the other, then t8's and finally the last ships I required were the 5 T9's I didn't have. Finally the T9's came when nothing else was available. The ship drops were clearly ranked by tier this year. I always intended to pick them up and still made a decent saving over buying them individually all year round. But the fact is that I and almost every loot box opening on Youtube had to plough through first T5,6,7 before getting the better ships almost without exception ( there are some who still pulled the odd t8 before a t5 ) but they are very few and far between and you can plainly see the lowest tier to highest tier coming out in sequence. 

That means the crates are rigged the random drop chance is no longer random and you will have to plough through the low tier first. 

For many who only buy a pack or two they were pretty much gonna get the lowest tiers and its these players I feel for, and believe they were cheated by the rigged crates this year...the chances of hitting t8-9 before the t5 and 6 was tiny. I don't mind a Gamble on a crate to get a high tier ship but they have clearly taken away or made the chances tiny of pulling high tier from a single crate pack. And as such I think my 3 year xmas crate buys are over. It's no longer a random chance but a low to high progression chance. 

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
7 hours ago, Flo_HF said:

Got scammed on 20x "big gifts" - got nothing. I demand a refund

Why scammed?

Were some specific prizes guaranteed? Or it's a loot box and you fell for it due to your gambling problems?

I'm afraid you're the only one to blame and you can forget about the refund. And publicly crying about it just makes you look bad.

Have a nice day.

[-NFG-]
Beta Tester
46 posts
7,999 battles
4 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Why scammed?

Were some specific prizes guaranteed? Or it's a loot box and you fell for it due to your gambling problems?

I'm afraid you're the only one to blame and you can forget about the refund. And publicly crying about it just makes you look bad.

Have a nice day.

Don't write if U can't read...

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1