Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 05:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.11: New Year

174 comments in this topic

[OP-X]
Beta Tester
104 posts
8,363 battles

A major disappointment. Basically Wargaming showing a middle finger to all the players during Christmas. 

Even the tier VII ship is locked behind the toughest grind up to date... As for Puerto Rico it is simply not doable - even with 24k doubloons paid up front you will have to grind a whole lot. 

Good time to take a break from WoWS. 

• Cool 7

[SUOLA]
Players
17 posts
3,705 battles
6 minutes ago, Galaxy011 said:

Why is the Puerto rico impossible to get and why is the snowflakes nerfed to thrash? 

Well you can calculate? Most points are accumulated upon time but you really can't open those boosts right away as main source is either using paid boosts, paid ship (Gorizia) for spesific mission or event.

Event missions are opened so slowly you can't get boosts in time. So that leaves really only paying.

You CAN get Gorizia for free but what is catch? Well you can get is free so late that you really can't anymore open those boosts in time.

• Cool 2

[-TFD-]
Players
11 posts
13,696 battles

Yup. its goodbye from me. gj you killed the game for people that are trying to have a life.. if your really that desperate after more money then have fun. not getting a dime out of me EVER again.. 

Pointless directives, worst grind ive ever seen.. jo no no no.. another nail in the coffin.. 

Goodbye 

• Cool 6

Players
54 posts
6,850 battles

So i am not just being negative: I propose to remove the time limitation on PR, let all people complete it (some faster some slower)

• Cool 5

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles

Honestly guys, the game right now feels like being in the middle of the Egyptian plagues; it just feels like Moses Vs Rameses. And now P.R., feels just like the tenth plague

• Cool 1

[AN]
Beta Tester
27 posts
5,770 battles
4 hours ago, MrConway said:

We made them ... more ... red.

I appreciate the response. However, I would respectfully, disagree. They look like the same colour as the Halsey which is more orange than red. I liked the red of the Russian commander but prefer the Italian commander tracers being the new colour.

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
105 posts
2,142 battles

Give us 20 containers each for this crap of the event and update... There is nothing for people who don't want to buy a premium ship. Disgusting WG, really disgusting.

Players
62 posts
19,007 battles

/sadface

This update may have changed the game for me.
I see it as a competition where I strive to do my best against others on a sort of level playing field. I understand the concept of adding costs for development and profit, but if pushed too far it just feels like a scam.

I played the game a lot in the last two years. Logged in today, took me a moment to understand quite how insane the grind was for PR. I am not the greatest player, but not awful either - and I am used to grindy games - putting in hours and hours (maybe too many) to achieve an ingame perk. But this one, with a ridiculous ramp up to get people hooked is just offensive.

So I logged out. I wont waste your time with a threat to quit, as I don't even know what I will do. . . But the feeling the game gives me is just not good at this moment

• Cool 3

[SBP]
Players
33 posts
11,659 battles

This update is two way scam.

1st - server have issues - it's bad, cause it should be tested before update. Game is unplayble and I think that player base feels that much today :).

2nd - the grind levels for PR mission are... crazy :D. Really for no life only type of players. I think its like one zero too much on each mission. Like 1100000 exp point :D.

I just think that is funny. So crazy that is just awesome :D.

BTW - there is a comparison from Flamu video. Mission of Gorizia vs old mission for Prinz Eitel Friedrich. And this is only a part of event, only for III level of directives. This is even more funny :D.

image.thumb.png.df12341540ac589ca70a8da89c38fa51.png

• Cool 3

[GNG]
[GNG]
Players
79 posts
12,749 battles

Can anyone else also confirm that the snowflake rewards did not get credited during the massive server failures ?

[GWN]
Players
122 posts

Thank you Backfire. Now we wait what officials say. Its probably yet another lie or or claim without basis. You guys have been caught. Do the right thing. Remove 0 behind all mission requirements. EXP, Damage, etc requirements. Do that, I don't even need apology. Just fix this. I even accept if you guys fix it and claim it was a problem with a , in wrong place in a code... This is  WAY worse than Christmas Convoy 2016...

• Cool 1

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
208 posts
12,194 battles
3 minutes ago, Menchalior said:

Thank you Backfire. Now we wait what officials say. Its probably yet another lie or or claim without basis. You guys have been caught. Do the right thing. Remove 0 behind all mission requirements. EXP, Damage, etc requirements. Do that, I don't even need apology. Just fix this. I even accept if you guys fix it and claim it was a problem with a , in wrong place in a code... This is  WAY worse than Christmas Convoy 2016...

There must be an error in Wargamings development where they factored up the requirement values by a factor of 10 when the patch went into production, thus making the missions impossibly hard. They are so hard I won't even try. I will completely ignore this event if they don't lower the requirements. I am watching this video of Flamu ridiculing the mission requirements. Flamu is calling the requirements absurd. And yes, they are.

• Funny 1

[GWN]
Players
122 posts
4 minutes ago, hjsteg said:

There must be an error in Wargamings development where they factored up the requirement values by a factor of 10 when the patch went into production, thus making the missions impossibly hard. They are so hard I won't even try. I will completely ignore this event if they don't lower the requirements. I am watching this video of Flamu ridiculing the mission requirements. Flamu is calling the requirements absurd. And yes, they are.

I watched that, Zoups and Flambass' reactions too. I haven't peaked NA forums, but I think situation is as bad there at it is here. This is absolute Public Relations disaster for WG. They have been caught lying. Giving baseless promises and have done very well deceiving, blurring the truth and otherways done all the no-no's of good gaming company. You don't anger playerbase and you don't do that in Christmas. EU's Christmas Convoy 2016 should have taught WG better...

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
431 posts
5,147 battles

Lmao these directives are a joke.

I mean, this whole shipbuilding thing looked like an amazing idea...but of course, your greed has driven you to insanity yet again.

I mean I have 2 weeks off work over Christmas but these directives want me to spend 24 hours a day playing the game. I'm sorry, not happy at all.

Please get a grasp on reality WG.

• Cool 2

[OUZO]
Players
10 posts
14,483 battles

Show some faith.

Someone set incorrectly the timers to a month for the ship and 4-5 days per directive.

Actually we all have a year to finish this crap and about a month and half, give or take,  for each directive as the correct END date is January, something, 2021.

Sorry wargaming, time for you to go [edited]yourselves

• Cool 1

Players
35 posts

I would like to wish the WOWs Servers a happy Christmas and New Year - or Holiday Season, Hanukkah, or whatever is appropriate for you - somewhat early, as we might not see each other again until 2020 or ever!

As many others have pointed out your recipe for this season smells somewhat fishy, but i really have no wish to be around when the second stage of PR hits the road.

Because by then the relatively fine community of PvPers in WOWs will turn extremely toxic. This majority who didn't do the math by now will fight with claws and nails to lay hands on this impossible. Mediocre. Ship.

So... i'll likely spend more time walking my Avatar than playing a game, that - based upon my previous experience with online games - has taken the first step on a voyage without return.

But if this is a Good Bye, and i am not yet certain of it, i absolutely feel the unavoidable urge to salute all the fine Captains out there who taught me the ropes, killed me with one salvo, are good friends or enemies, and most of all and everything enjoy the game.

/SALUTE and sink already, goddarn!

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

I would really like to see the guy in charge of the numbers and math.

And the number of his dealer, please.

Besides the main grind which is insane and impossible for almost all players... you're giving 4 shipbuilding tokens per daily combat mission completed so 8 tokens per day. And you need 200 for the first booster and then 300/350 for the other ones.

Did that guy calculated any percentages? Does he have some serious disabilities?

You have a month for the whole event. Doing all daily combat missions and gaining 8 tokens per day, in practice you cannot obtain enough tokens for one single booster.

Let that sink in.

No matter how hard I try to grasp ANY of this bull$hit... I can't. I simply can't.

• Cool 2

[ASEET]
Players
57 posts
8,139 battles
On 12/10/2019 at 3:00 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

the ability to construct a ship

What a BS way to bring that to game.  Nice idea  bad execution

:etc_swear:

• Cool 1