You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.11: New Year

174 comments in this topic

[SFH]
Players
81 posts
17,584 battles

they only want money look what they do to the puerto rico omg wg,no one can win the ship without spent much money!!!no no no money any more after the bad rankl and the cv

• Bad 1

[D-I-A]
Players
158 posts
4,507 battles
On 12/10/2019 at 2:23 PM, rilship said:

Remove CVs from the game, the best gift you can make.

It would be such a massive simplification and dumbing down of the game. Sure continue to balance them, but not removing them from the game. Im not sure that post was serious though so ill take that statement with a grain of salt :P

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
132 posts
11,278 battles

While I like anything free, I do think people are getting a bit confused, when a game gives you anything it is not free it is marketing! It is designed to get you to play the game more and spend more money (there may be odd exceptions but this is a fundamental truth) any gift or special; is marketing!

My thoughts on the grind are not good ones, I like doing these type of missions and I am willing to put in a fare amount of hours to complete them (I also always use premium and have a lot of prem ships) however I used to play WOT (was a lot better wot player than I am Wows player but then I had 10's of thousands of games over many years) but they started doing this kind of mission until unless you had no life you simply could not complete them (I am of a mind set that completing mission gives me a goal and gets me playing "hence marketing" ) now yes I could top up for cash but to be honest I could have just payed for the tank at the start and not bothered with the forced grind. This along with gold shells stopped me playing WOT and I switched over to WoWs as I liked that everything was achievable.

Now this!!!! not only are the directives far far harder and over a cramped period (which is also Christmas so I will have far more lim ited time to play, you know family and all that) but you can help if you start paying. I am normally ok with buying the prem ship if you want to make the missions easier but this is getting close to needing to!

Wows is currently splitting my gaming time with Outer Worlds and Battletech and was going to take a massive hit when I start playing Mechwarrior5 Mercenaries. Maybe I will just sit all this out (play still for snowflakes but not heavy) but it will be the first mission I have not completed in Wows since I started playing and this is how the end started for me and WOT :( hopefully not but it is not looking good.

On a side note I have been trying to get my old clan mates from WOT into WoWs and we had all been looking forward to this now not so much and they have said they are doing the WOT missions instead!

To fix either lower the requirements or give us a lot longer to finish the whole mission! Maybe have this as a super mission over say 6 months but I do think a lot of good will to WG will be lost due to  this. Ok you super unicum player will able to do this with easy those of us on the more average side are simply not going to be able to do this and a lot of people will not even try as the bars are so high!

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[PZK]
Alpha Tester
70 posts
3,077 battles

New Year Gifts

• Enter the Armory in Update 0.8.11 to obtain two Santa's Gift containers for free.
  • Two more Santa's Gift containers await you on the container ship in your Port.

eh well... missing the latter...

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,288 posts
1 minute ago, Scryptar said:

eh well... missing the latter...

did you claim them with the button/banner?

[PZK]
Alpha Tester
70 posts
3,077 battles

those in the armory? yep.

don't see anything to click for the other 2

[ODB]
[ODB]
Beta Tester
4 posts
20,149 battles
1 hour ago, Scryptar said:

those in the armory? yep.

don't see anything to click for the other 2

1. collect container like you usualy do

2. on the left, instead of buy container stuff, you got collect 2 containers

good luck

[ALONE]
Players
111 posts
21,789 battles

4 free containers

15k free exp

5k coal

50 Zulu Hotel flags

Not bad just for logging in.

Players
2 posts
5,810 battles
On 12/10/2019 at 7:08 PM, rilship said:

I was wondering wtf they mean by "family friendly" , since when being away from your family in order to grind you brains out is family friendly. 

They're assuming that Wargaming is the family intended.

Bloody moronic, honestly. Everything about the "rewards" and "gifts" this patch has been utterly stupid. It's like it's a Christmas tradition at WG to create a colossal PR nightmare for themselves. Lutjens for the same price as Kuznetsov, dangling the OP Premiums on a string in front of the community via Christmas containers, Puerto Rico's absolutely absurd grind...It's like they don't care anymore. That or someone was celebrating New Years a month early when they were designing this event. An absolute travesty, seriously.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[KARMA]
Weekend Tester
38 posts
17,579 battles

So you really think WG are going to put a T10 for "free"...You are new on Wargaming games...I try stream this game every day...for "free"...but tonight i´m going to set this on my stream with the reality of this event!

One icon event that WG try to ruining...i hope some guy in WG stop this nosense directives or extend the missions...you dont imagine the storm you are getting...

• Cool 1

Players
54 posts
6,850 battles

Well and here I thought WG was getting better and stoped with BS...  teaches me to be optimistic...

BS type of grind (don't miss anything or you are fu****) and not only that the directives are BS level of grind too...

Are the people making this stuff up high on meth or on crack ? When you pull a PR stunt like giving a TX ship for christmas, hiding it behind grind that would make a korean P2W game blush deep red is not the way to go.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
365 posts
9,551 battles
4 minutes ago, sin099 said:

Well and here I thought WG was getting better and stoped with BS...  teaches me to be optimistic...

BS type of grind (don't miss anything or you are fu****) and not only that the directives are BS level of grind too...

Are the people making this stuff up high on meth or on crack ? When you pull a PR stunt like giving a TX ship for christmas, hiding it behind grind that would make a korean P2W game blush deep red is not the way to go.

They are getting worse, actually. ~20 minutes ago they uploaded a video: "Dockyard: Simple rules!" Shich spoke of how you get two ships for free for doing some easy missions. The vid reached a 1:5 up/downvoate ratio in minutes and was since taken down. 

Cowards. At least own your mistakes. 

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
54 posts
6,850 battles
4 minutes ago, AkainuTaisho said:

They are getting worse, actually. ~20 minutes ago they uploaded a video: "Dockyard: Simple rules!" Shich spoke of how you get two ships for free for doing some easy missions. The vid reached a 1:5 up/downvoate ratio in minutes and was since taken down. 

Cowards. At least own your mistakes. 

Easy by no life grinding - like WTF are those directives, BS levels of grind which gets progressively worse as you continue and almost none of them can be done at the same time you do like one by one... wtf

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,114 battles
13 hours ago, DistantUK said:

This I understand. However, that wasn't what I asked.

Why are the Russian commander's tracers being changed to red when they are already red? @MrConway

We made them ... more ... red.

• Boring 2

Players
204 posts
246 battles

Brilliant idea with shipbuilding port, but as usual will be far harder than advertised. The grind is massive, the biggest grind ever in WoW, the reward if you manage to complete it is great, but here is the kicker, its gonna be almost impossible if you miss even 1 day, the missions inside the directives are massively grindy taking many hours and battles, and get surprisingly more difficult and grindy as you go...even in directive 1 65 ship kills is gonna take you a long time and many of the missions don't overlap so you can complete 2 or more at a time just by playing, others are locked behind the Goriza...so you better buy that also if you want to complete the missions...In short its gonna be a long painful grind, needing hours of commitment each day because miss just a day and your screwed. If you have a life, a job or intend spending time with the family over the holidays then you don't have a hope in hell of completing the ship. Even investing the 24,000 gold right at the start isn't enough you still have to grind massively to get the tokens to complete it. Its a shiny new T10, and FREE, so should not be easy to obtain...but really, the hours and commitment needed to gain it especially if your a FREE to play player is just not worth it or probably not even achievable. Good luck to those who do manage the hours and commitment to grind this ship out but for me and many others I suspect it's gonna be a flat out pass or an enthusiastic start which fizzles out when it becomes apparent its simply not achievable.

Also, the snowflake crates while free are a bit crap...17 gave me some standard, flags, 300 gold and a few new year streamers, Thanks they were free...but exciting ..not in the least. The steel on offer is also reduced from 200 per ship to 75 per ship. I suggested months ago they would do this at xmas as many people had a lot of resources stored so they want to milk them away. Even the xmas premium crates have way less in them than previous years....After the last 2 years of good xmas's I think the WG Grinch planned this years. Thanks again for the Free stuff, not ungrateful, just disappointed. 

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,803 posts
18,621 battles

I think WG is evolving quite nicely. For Benham, one could complete the grind without spending any dubloons. But you could also sleep, eat and maybe go to work here and there without issues.

For Puerto Rico (btw a worse ship at its own tier, maybe even worse overall), you might be able to complete the grind for "free" if you don't work, don't sleep and don't eat. And even that is a stretch, because you need to complete silly missions for baseXP (think 150k base XP) in a day, which in my opinion is impossible.

I think the next grind will ask us to get 10 random battle wins in an hour, for every hour following an update till the next patch. :Smile_trollface:

Top notch development there, WG. Who needs to think about reality? Only 24 hours in a day? Not a problem, that is a capitalist lie, fake news. You can grind for 40 hours a day, every day, Comrade! DA! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[CTHLH]
Players
1 post
4,627 battles

Ship building, sure why not, potential good experience, BUT THE DIRECTIVES! really?!?!? this is madness! THIS IS WAY ABOVE GRINDING!!! the directives cannot be done at once(you have to click on the directive to see the class of ships where you can do this), you expect us to spend our time grinding?????

I've loved this game, and will enjoy the game, but really, these directives, its not a gift....

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
2,621 battles

I am quite dissapointed about the coal/steel this year. I was really looking forward to be getting the salem all year as-  due to school purposes I dont have much time to grind. sadly I was majorly dissapointed, also the hell grind for the puerto rico is a joke. the idea for her is really great and should stay- building your own ship- seeing it being build just adds a ton of statisfaction.  nonetheless lütjens is a joke  as he should be a BB focused commander and not a CV focused one. despite this I do like that you can get nearly all prem ships in the containers- but yet again there is a massive paywall in the way and getting coal is sadly really discouraging and saddening.

Players
204 posts
246 battles
24 minutes ago, MrConway said:

We made them ... more ... red.

Of all the posts here...great one to reply too lmao. Dozens of quotes about the massive grind and pay wall and the WG representative MRConway chooses to comment about an insignificant colour change to a tracer....It kinda sums up WG's head in the sand attitude on pretty much everything from this event to CV, rework and HE spam. If you simply ignore it ….. it didn't happen :)

• Cool 6

[SUOLA]
Players
17 posts
3,705 battles

This is ridiculous.

Even if you would spend 24000 doubloons you would still need to grind to get that Puerto Rico. Without paying it is unachievable. And yes I made and Excel.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[L33UW]
[L33UW]
Players
28 posts
13,032 battles
27 minutes ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Of all the posts here...great one to reply too lmao. Dozens of quotes about the massive grind and pay wall and the WG representative MRConway chooses to comment about an insignificant colour change to a tracer....It kinda sums up WG's head in the sand attitude on pretty much everything from this event to CV, rework and HE spam. If you simply ignore it ….. it didn't happen :)

Thats the whole Russian/Sovjet mindset ain't it?

• Cool 2

[OHFK]
Players
4 posts
7,357 battles

they idea is great... the outcome and how they worked it out is totally crap and just want more money out of the pockets. not really free 2 play.... and noone can grid these things out. unless you are willing to spent at least 700 games on it....

• Cool 4