You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.11: New Year

174 comments in this topic

[SATV]
Players
19 posts
8,098 battles

Well, even on Flambass's twitch I saw a lot of discussion and complaints about the Puerto Rico. So besides the other tasks which I believe that everyone agrees that are giving away gifts proportional with the amount of time you play. But they are gifts so you cannot complain that you get less in case you want to do smth else during holidays.

But I would like to talk about Puerto Rico. 

I saw this idea on the PTS where, of course, I built the entire ship. 

I spent like half an hour enjoying (and I really mean it) the building steps, watching carefully how every element is placed on the ship. And I trully loved it. And I consider that this dockyard idea and the ship building is one of the most amazing features that I saw in the game besides the gameplay itself. It's amazing to see how a ship is really born.

Now I also understand that PR is a T10 ship and it should not be given away for some tasks that you can do in one hour (as on the PTS). And again this should not become the easiest ship to get. I fully understand this....BUT the idea of dockyard is so beautiful that it should be available for everyone. So why not give a T5 - T6 ship that everyone can get? Because it is a pity not to allow everyone to enjoy the satisfaction of building a ship. Give Puerto Rico for Free XP, give it away for Coal or Steel...but don't remove the enjoyment of the Dockyard leaving it only for 0.1% of the players which won't have a social life during Christmas.

As a summary, there are a lot of gifts for Christmas so I say thank you. 

The Dockyward is really amazing. Seeing how a ship is build is unique...I'd do it again and again and I'd rather spend one hour reading about each detail in its construction rather than playing the game. Again this is amazing.

But the Puerto Rico is too much...it's ok not to give away easily a T10 ship but it is NOT ok to take away the pleasure of building a ship from scrap just because you want to build a T10 one. 

World of Warships developers were always closer to the players....so please fix this. One way or another....I loved also the idea of someone else....let everyone build the ship at their own pace and if you get it in 9 months while others get in in 1 month it's ok. The most passionate players re rewarded for their effort but the majority are not deprived of the joy of building a ship.

Take good care,

Sentinel_Dreamer a.k.a. Calin 

• Cool 8

[T-N-T]
Players
3,338 posts
14,984 battles

@Sentinel_Dreamer You are correct that one should be grateful for any and all gifts. The problem however is that the update not only utterly fails with the Dockyard being impossible to do without paying, it's that A) the directives in general have insane requirements (thus making it pretty darn difficult to even get the supposedly easy reward: Gorizia); B) the collection being behind a gate with items only in select containers (you can freely get only limited quantities, with bad RNG, you won't complete the collection); C) the new german commander Lutjens is only obtainable for coal (all others so far were reachable through more or less difficult missions); D) the snowflake rewards being worse than last year; E) various other absurdities like the one-day clan battles requiring even 12 players to play etc.

Overall, sure you get some rewards, but they're far harder to reach (when they are even reachable at all) than last year and there's fewer of them, so...

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[CKBK]
Players
19 posts
24,717 battles

Instead of a hyped event , its turning in to a crap show if you ask me. Only positive i can see is that its not to many CV objectives making insentive for more CV players that don t wanna play it, in to battle... For those few that wanna grind a huge crap pinata 24/7 all christmas

Beta Tester
24 posts
19 hours ago, Klopirat said:

This I understand. However, that wasn't what I asked.

Why are the Russian commander's tracers being changed to red when they are already red? @MrConway

• Funny 1

[-GGS-]
Beta Tester
8 posts
6,686 battles
4 hours ago, Dobbel0 said:

Ok, totally  good with containers, and snowflake... But now WG have gone to far, ruin everything by making Puerto Rico an impossible grind. even for me that plays this game every day(With ALL the flaws it still have ) for up to 5-6 hours. the whole thing is just a meme almost temting to uninstall.. Not one single supertester have a good word about Puerto Rico and it will only serve as a Trofe in port if i grinded it. dont get me wrong , i would happily grind it out on normal objetives but this is way overboard. Sickos in office have overdone themselfs on this   

Yes they have, this is the worst [edited]you for playing the game I have seen in all my years on this game.

[-GGS-]
Beta Tester
8 posts
6,686 battles
On 12/10/2019 at 2:30 PM, wot_2016_gunner said:

Well... I wish everybody good luck with Puerto Rico.

We will need a time machine or superpowers 

• Angry 1

Players
84 posts
5 hours ago, Sentinel_Dreamer said:

Now I also understand that PR is a T10 ship and it should not be given away for some tasks that you can do in one hour (as on the PTS). And again this should not become the easiest ship to get. I fully understand this...

No, you dont.

I checked and if I spend about 38k doubloons I could convert to about 1m FXP ... then I could simply unlock the entire IJN BB tree with it and I would have a T10 ship.

"Easy" depends on the size of your wallet and willingness to grind and this the problem with this crappy "event" ... WG is hoping people dump their money in boosters and fail to get the ship because look at the requirements, even if you use the pay boosters you arent assured to get the ship and thats my real issue with this whole crap show, they are trying to make people to spend money on something they arent likely to get because the pay boosters alone arent enough.

And then, several months later they will sell the ship as a Premium.

• Angry 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,310 posts
18,120 battles

Yeah, thanks i got the relevant info in player support  -> announcements

[UNICS]
Players
1,310 posts
18,120 battles
2 minutes ago, McDollars said:

that's nice! we start with an issue lol

Well at least its being fixed:Smile_trollface:

Players
4 posts
2,934 battles
25 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

server still offline?

yes, they show us online but actually ' waiting for authorization' forever. Those idiots do not know to put a server offline tag on website

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
2,934 battles

friends of mine playing wows US server several hours earlier, they were able to play, so wtf happens to EU server??????????????

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
114 posts
10,097 battles
1 minute ago, GOOOSKY said:

friends of mine playing wows US server several hours earlier, they were able to play, so wtf happens to EU server??????????????

The receive the patch a whole day before us, that's been the case for WG titles for the entire existence of all of their games :fish_palm:

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
1,310 posts
18,120 battles
2 minutes ago, GOOOSKY said:

EU always updates a day later