You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Whats the purpose of this? Credit farming?!

66 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
7,266 posts
7,928 battles

So apparently, i might have discovered a new thing here.

Just been watching a streamer, and the enemy Indianapolis yoloed center of the map, dying in like 2 minutes. At first i thought, well this guy did it because he was lowtier in a T9 game. But when i checked the profile, i actually remembered him, and i checked him before for doing the same stuff.

With certain ships, he plays normaly, but then there are Indianapolis, Loyang and Graf Spee with combined almost 10k battles and abysmal WR/damage/kills.

And the only reason to do is, seems to be farming credits (not sure if its for directive hall of fame tho).

I dont think he is botting tho. If i check the progress on wows.numbers, the amount of battles in those ships on a daily basis is not more than others. But every day, he has a couple of games in those ships. And i just saw: this is not playing. For some reason, he is doing it. At the same time, he also has games in other ships, and he is performing very well!

image.png.974d348573ab4ff9bed7f2c39ca26ae6.png

image.png.baaaa10137977a9256b7a387eda0abd6.png

last week

or compared to Perth (overall, but indi stats are basicly the same overall like the above shows)

image.thumb.png.bc8888e15d74e0786a34800bd6444edf.png

So what is this? What purpose? (Credit farming / Directive hall of fame?) Its not botting - thats pretty sure. But he is doing it all the time, so i dont think its for the Hall of fame either... So i can only guess its credit farming?!

Does WG care? @MrConway @Crysantos

I can send the video from stream if you wanna see it. But i dont think, this should be acceptable, just ruining the game of 11 teammates.

Funnily enough, kept watching the same game, seemed to be a Bot Gneisenau on the enemy team aswell. Not moving untill spotted / shot at. Then started moving = perfect bot behaviour.

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
956 posts
14,298 battles

Maybe he said to his wife: you can play Indianapolis, Graf Spee and Lo Yang and I play all the others. :Smile_smile:

If you are a woman please read it: Maybe she said to her husband...

• Funny 9

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,427 posts
9,681 battles
4 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

An investigation should be done, followed by appropriate action if necessary. 

Why? Is it against the rules to yolo in the middle and die with 8k dmg? 

Players
5,167 posts
8,988 battles
9 minutes ago, kfa said:

Well... I mean this question cant really be answered because you can see it from different perspectives. In general: ofc not. Should it be for the sake of the game? hell yea. But there is more to it.

To give a little bit more perspective to the case at hand: I saw the stream in question aswell. That Indy didnt even shoot or anything. Guns straight ahead, full speed ahead, no manouvering no nothing. It looked very very very much like autopilot & quit to port, next ship (which makes sense, since he seem to be using 3 ships to do this, all premiums of mid tiers). So from the stats, its obvious, this guy knows how to play. In the ships he chose to play. He has a couple of ships, in which he doesnt play but does... something else.

so im indeed wondering aswell: that is the purpose of that? Rushing in a premium mid tier ship YOLO while you have premium account - does it create credits? Because if yes - this might actually be the cause. Maybe he has a bot runing, that is cycling through a few selected ships, spamming games. I ran across a couple of suspicious accounts like that recently. Matter of fact: this started with WGs glorious idea to pay people to recruite new players. Mass invasion of bot Königsberg anyone? And these observations made me start a topic about "remove the back to port button unless ship is dead" some weeks ago. Because IF there is a system behind it, abusing it for some reason - it only works, because the bot is able to go back to port and spam the next ship.

Let me show you some more pics of an account I ran into a couple of times and matter of fact, someone on our Discord ran into him aswell and noticed the same suspicious bot-like behavour (we didnt even talk before about that, he mentioned that account since we talked about bots before, so this is no observation bias)

check the battles per month: Top is little above 3300 (dont want to give concrete numbers, some sherlock will track the account else) so that makes it 111 games. Every day of the month. Even if we assume this is a person playing and he YOLOs every game, this is easily above 9 hours per day. And im calculating very very generous, because loading map, starting a game etc takes time aswell. Queue is another thing, since this account will be active outside of prime time.

image.png.d5bf7b89379e746595758180f4b8c840.png

And this account is also split into garbage and super unicum ships.

Here is him obviously playing the game:

image.thumb.png.01df69f43ca9b9030ddf29b1cb7a70c5.png

But thats how his last week looks like: And the PR is pushed a lot by a few very good rounds, where he obviously plays himself again. Its also obvious from the ship picks, because most ships have 100+ games and close to 0 dmg, while there are a few ships with 3 games max and super unicum stats.

image.png.eb801c1b6f51ff00d4eb99b81035ffe2.png

So what is the deal here? Farming the directives with a bot? farming credits? Ill have this bookmarked and maybe during Puerto Rico grind the account will show behavour of forfilling the directives with bot spamming aswell...

• Cool 5

Players
476 posts
4,612 battles

Kind of fits the other phenomenon - putting a top tier BB with decent 2ndaries in a random game and... being AFK for the entire game, not moving, not firing main guns, just hoping some planes or DDs come close to get some 100 XP before the inevitable end. I have encountered this with annoying regularity in T8-T10 matches for the past few days. I'm not sure this is an economically profitable modus operandi, but maybe those people throw a dozen ships into battles at the same time, for whatever gains this might provide.

• Cool 1

Players
476 posts
4,612 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, ForlornSailor sagte:

Mass invasion of bot Königsberg anyone?

I witnessed a mass invasion of "riqwuerqutrwe" Dresdens - at least 3 per game - some months ago. Reminiscent of "Attack of the Clones".

• Funny 1

Players
4,775 posts
245 battles
2 hours ago, kfa said:

Yes since your actively greifing and therefore are breaking game rules since you are not attempting to play properly.

Also it would nice if people can have standards and punish this sort of thing heavily if possible at all.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
579 posts
10,614 battles

I was convinced the best option for such behaviour was actually using Musashi, as T9 has nice silver gaining.

You need premium account for this to work.

If given a chance I would vote to perma ban this and similar accounts. That would give a right message.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
667 posts
3,832 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

Yes since your actively greifing and therefore are breaking game rules since you are not attempting to play properly.

Also it would nice if people can have standards and punish this sort of thing heavily if possible at all.

Its free to play, what do you expect from people 

[P-W-C]
Players
5,846 posts
29,519 battles
3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Well... I mean this question cant really be answered because you can see it from different perspectives. In general: ofc not. Should it be for the sake of the game? hell yea. But there is more to it.

To give a little bit more perspective to the case at hand: I saw the stream in question aswell. That Indy didnt even shoot or anything. Guns straight ahead, full speed ahead, no manouvering no nothing. It looked very very very much like autopilot & quit to port, next ship (which makes sense, since he seem to be using 3 ships to do this, all premiums of mid tiers). So from the stats, its obvious, this guy knows how to play. In the ships he chose to play. He has a couple of ships, in which he doesnt play but does... something else.

so im indeed wondering aswell: that is the purpose of that? Rushing in a premium mid tier ship YOLO while you have premium account - does it create credits? Because if yes - this might actually be the cause. Maybe he has a bot runing, that is cycling through a few selected ships, spamming games. I ran across a couple of suspicious accounts like that recently. Matter of fact: this started with WGs glorious idea to pay people to recruite new players. Mass invasion of bot Königsberg anyone? And these observations made me start a topic about "remove the back to port button unless ship is dead" some weeks ago. Because IF there is a system behind it, abusing it for some reason - it only works, because the bot is able to go back to port and spam the next ship.

Let me show you some more pics of an account I ran into a couple of times and matter of fact, someone on our Discord ran into him aswell and noticed the same suspicious bot-like behavour (we didnt even talk before about that, he mentioned that account since we talked about bots before, so this is no observation bias)

check the battles per month: Top is little above 3300 (dont want to give concrete numbers, some sherlock will track the account else) so that makes it 111 games. Every day of the month. Even if we assume this is a person playing and he YOLOs every game, this is easily above 9 hours per day. And im calculating very very generous, because loading map, starting a game etc takes time aswell. Queue is another thing, since this account will be active outside of prime time.

image.png.d5bf7b89379e746595758180f4b8c840.png

And this account is also split into garbage and super unicum ships.

Here is him obviously playing the game:

image.thumb.png.01df69f43ca9b9030ddf29b1cb7a70c5.png

But thats how his last week looks like: And the PR is pushed a lot by a few very good rounds, where he obviously plays himself again. Its also obvious from the ship picks, because most ships have 100+ games and close to 0 dmg, while there are a few ships with 3 games max and super unicum stats.

image.png.eb801c1b6f51ff00d4eb99b81035ffe2.png

So what is the deal here? Farming the directives with a bot? farming credits? Ill have this bookmarked and maybe during Puerto Rico grind the account will show behavour of forfilling the directives with bot spamming aswell...

Maybe he gives his account for his child. "Dad dad! I want to play the game" gives him Indianapolis and plays like this "ok son now let me play". Maybe this is the reason why it can be like that. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
837 posts
6,528 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Maybe he gives his account for his child. "Dad dad! I want to play the game" gives him Indianapolis and plays like this "ok son now let me play". Maybe this is the reason why it can be like that. 

It would be totally understandable if he let his child play co-ops. But randoms?? Not so sure....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[P-W-C]
Players
5,846 posts
29,519 battles
2 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

It would be totally understandable if he let his child play co-ops. But randoms?? Not so sure....

Yeah I would be switching to coops too. Idk. 

[BOATY]
Players
215 posts
4,456 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

i am sorry, but this is bull... what is "playing properly"? is it described in the ToS? unless they're actively preventing someone from playing the game by any means (not winning or having a good game, just playing in general) or team damaging/killing they're OK. i mean, this is only a game after all..

imagine a friend of mine with severe disability. he can use only one hand, has bad eyesight and is retired (67+ years old). what standards would you expect of him? or is he not permitted to play this game at all?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
962 posts
13,025 battles
Just now, iTchyfoot said:

i am sorry, but this is bull... what is "playing properly"? is it described in the ToS? unless they're actively preventing someone from playing the game by any means (not winning or having a good game, just playing in general) or team damaging/killing they're OK. i mean, this is only a game after all..

imagine a friend of mine with severe disability. he can use only one hand, has bad eyesight and is retired (67+ years old). what standards would you expect of him? or is he not permitted to play this game at all?

It doesn't sound like he plays those ships at all. If he's botting, that's definitely against the rules and can result in an account being suspended. I'm also of the opinion that a player should get banned if he gets reported enough times by different people for throwing games, and an investigation proves that he's able to play (evidenced by good stats in some ships) while seemingly purposefully throwing in others. Replays are checked and either botting, or purposeful suicidal behavior is noticed on a consistently repeating basis - ban that. Ruining other people's games is not cool and should have consequences.

On the other hand, it could be a father that lets his 6 year old play a few ships. He should probably get the kid a game boy and cut that out.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,935 posts
12,926 battles
10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

So apparently, i might have discovered a new thing here.

Just been watching a streamer, and the enemy Indianapolis yoloed center of the map, dying in like 2 minutes. At first i thought, well this guy did it because he was lowtier in a T9 game. But when i checked the profile, i actually remembered him, and i checked him before for doing the same stuff.

With certain ships, he plays normaly, but then there are Indianapolis, Loyang and Graf Spee with combined almost 10k battles and abysmal WR/damage/kills.

And the only reason to do is, seems to be farming credits (not sure if its for directive hall of fame tho).

I dont think he is botting tho. If i check the progress on wows.numbers, the amount of battles in those ships on a daily basis is not more than others. But every day, he has a couple of games in those ships. And i just saw: this is not playing. For some reason, he is doing it. At the same time, he also has games in other ships, and he is performing very well!

image.png.974d348573ab4ff9bed7f2c39ca26ae6.png

image.png.baaaa10137977a9256b7a387eda0abd6.png

last week

or compared to Perth (overall, but indi stats are basicly the same overall like the above shows)

image.thumb.png.bc8888e15d74e0786a34800bd6444edf.png

So what is this? What purpose? (Credit farming / Directive hall of fame?) Its not botting - thats pretty sure. But he is doing it all the time, so i dont think its for the Hall of fame either... So i can only guess its credit farming?!

Does WG care? @MrConway @Crysantos

I can send the video from stream if you wanna see it. But i dont think, this should be acceptable, just ruining the game of 11 teammates.

Funnily enough, kept watching the same game, seemed to be a Bot Gneisenau on the enemy team aswell. Not moving untill spotted / shot at. Then started moving = perfect bot behaviour.

To be honest, it's hard to judge this just based on this - he might just be very bad in certain cruisers. But if you have a replay to show us, we're happy to investigate it.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
4,775 posts
245 battles
29 minutes ago, iTchyfoot said:

If they are they are trying their best and actively trying to win and are decent folk then that isnt a problem, if you are intentionally trying to throw or hinder your teams chances (trolling, suiciding due to mm, going afk on purpose annnoucing it or not) then you should get punished in someway. If your not doing it intentionally then its fine (although not many peeps tolerate mistakes too well).

Not sure why you assume i have anything against disabled people, ive seen handicapped people play better than most and consistently too.

Also if the example in OP’s post is botting then they should get punished just for that alone. Also judging from the stats he could be account sharing so theres that i guess.

I could of worded that better, but my assignment is doing my head-in atm. Also if your going to insult me then just do so dont put sorry in front as this suggests you wont repeat said action in the future.

sorry if i came off heavy handed, as that asnt my intention (was moody while writing the first post).

[NOCAP]
Players
5,368 posts
10,901 battles

Its always a Matter of proof. If you say he's streaming he's basically delivering it himself. A replay would be better though but for this you would have to encounter this particular player yourself.Throwing yourself on purpose though, expecially multiple times might be something the support is interested in (once again, only with proof). 

Personally I reported 3 or 4 guys so far for sabotaging my game so far. OFC you won't get to know what exactly will happen here since Data protection laws but you can be assured stuff like shooting teammates while sailing towards the map border or writing some racist stuff in chat is handled accordingly. 

Jingles featured a replay about it once where a dd got beaten down to 160 hp or so, then sailed 6minutes across the map to a friendly cruiser , rammed into him and told everybody in chat to report him cause " he killed me" And iirc he also mentioned that he had to take a looooooon break from the game for it. 

[JRM]
Players
3,690 posts
19,809 battles

Maybe he/she simply hates those ships like :etc_swear: so he wants to make them perform as bad as possible but if you hate a ship that much why not sell it and be done with it...

Players
962 posts
13,025 battles

I mean, selling premiums is a bad plan, unless you enjoy dropping them from a SC or christmas box again. But you can certainly have them as port queens. I have plenty of ships I dislike. I tend to not play them. 

Players
2,671 posts
11 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

So what is this? What purpose?

99% for one of the missions. I see it all the time in randoms, players not bothering with actually playing for the win but just collecting secondary damage/potential damage in a DD (ffs) or whatever other stupid mission in the list. Personally I only use COOP for these things but others do them in  randoms and phuck up the battles for others by not giving a crap. :Smile_sceptic: