Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HappyCabbage

IFHE Massachusetts

10 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts
8,040 battles

Hi all, 

Looking for some help. Having not played much BB I decided the Mass was the ship for me, I really fancied the secondary build and currently with flags at 11.3km. The problem is I am having trouble with the IFHE captain skill. I have grinded up to get the points but the IFHE skill that I want is blocked out for me saying "this skill is incompatible etc etc" Hoping someone can help. Below is my current set up. Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Incoming fire alert

Adrenalin rush

Basic fire training

Advance fire training

I was then going to add IFHE but as above, put in concealment for the time being.

With thanks

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles

The game is only taking main battery and ship type into consideration when you look at the captain skills. You can still pick the skill and it will work on both main guns and secondaries no problem.

Those crosses are mainly there to deter people from picking skills that are ineffective for that type of ship (such as fire prevention on a DD). Some skills still don't work so the crosses do their job their but in the case of secondary BB's IFHE certainly work.

So sadly you did a bit of a mistake picking concealment for now. Recommended 4 pointers for the Massa are usually IFHE, AFT and manual secondaries.

[SKIDZ]
Players
959 posts

Used ifhe on the Germans waste of time tbh as it only really benefited the 4x2 150s which get knocked out by the constant spam I’d take concealment all day over a very situational skill for a BB

yes I know it also benefited the lesser secondary guns but they go down quicker than a cheap hooker

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles
3 minutes ago, chazwozza said:

Used ifhe on the Germans waste of time tbh as it only really benefited the 4x2 150s which get knocked out by the constant spam I’d take concealment all day over a very situational skill for a BB

yes I know it also benefited the lesser secondary guns but they go down quicker than a cheap hooker

If we talk about the GK then IFHE gives a huge damage boost to the 128 mm guns so it is worth it. The 105s also gets a big damage boost so again, worth it.

As for durability, with auxiliary mod 1(or what it is called) and preventive maintenace I rarely have much trouble with keeping those turrets alive.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,379 posts
9,122 battles
Just now, ollonborre said:

preventive maintenace

Doesnt do anything for secondaries/AA mounts tho :Smile_hiding:

[SKIDZ]
Players
959 posts

I also have no problem wiping them out each to their own it’s a big spend for a situational skill that can be substantially reduced 

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Doesnt do anything for secondaries/AA mounts tho :Smile_hiding:

Huh did they change that, because I was 100% it did?

• Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,379 posts
9,122 battles
34 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Huh did they change that, because I was 100% it did?

AFAIK it was always for Mainguns/torptubes/rudder/engine only.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
482 posts
12,819 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=9,17,18,23,26,28,33&ship=Battleship

AFT, IFHE and ManSEC is pretty much mandatory, so 18pt cap is minimum, last point is good to put into PM because you should be running AuxMod 1

just like any other secondary build, its mostly fun meme build, you will end up with 14.5km conceal and no FP or other survival skills, but i dare to say that Massa is best contender to use it on because :

- low gun accuracy and range, so not that much loss going full meme compared to Georgia or Ohio

- super low CD on heal, and you will burn - a lot

- great turning circle , rudder shift and 46% torp protection (much much better than Georgia and Ohio)

- and the best of them all - chance for T6 MM - holy crap, everything with 25mm armor just melts and that's everything in T6/T7. She can pull her weight in T10 also, just avoid notorious flamethrowers and 460mm guns. Best way to get close is also with use of terrain, don't try to rush high tier ships in the open (they are faster and more durable)

Players
17 posts
8,040 battles

Thanks all, cost me a few dubloons but got the IFHE, DOH! As for the advice always welcome as I am a bit rubbish. Find I am doing well in this ship then not read the map and run into trouble, and my profile pic does not lie. Anyway now the grind to manual fire control. Liking this ship a lot, now just have to get close to a Smoly (impossible) and payback time if I have not burned my britches by then.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this