You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pinco047

Italian Battleships

26 comments in this topic

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
34 posts
10,121 battles

Hi,as they released the cruiser line and there are 2 DDs in development,I was thinking that this nation also needs BB line (not only 2 premiums).

My BB line for Italy would be like this:

T3 - REGINA ELENA

T4 - DANTE ALIGHIERI

T5 - CONTE DI CAVOUR 1943 (same class as Giulio Cesare)

T6 - ANDREA DORIA (1943)

T7 - FRANCESCO CARACCIOLO 

T8 - IMPERO  (same class as ROMA)

T9 - ?

T10 - ?

What do you guys think?

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Pinco047 sagte:

Hi,as they released the cruiser line and there are 2 DDs in development,I was thinking that this nation also needs BB line (not only 2 premiums).

T3 - REGINA ELENA - Ok.

T4 - DANTE ALIGHIERI - Ok.

T5 - CONTE DI CAVOUR 1943 (same class as Giulio Cesare) - Ok.

T6 - ANDREA DORIA (1943) - Ok.

T7 - FRANCESCO CARACCIOLO - launched but never in service, so maybe VITTORIO VENETO (premium downtiered from T8).

T8 - IMPERO  (same class as ROMA) - not completed and never in service, so I would suggest LITTORIO instead.

T9 - ? - None! Italy (and most other navies) never built one. I would very much prefer lines to end instead of filling them up with fantasies.

T10 - ? - None! The only ship that deserves to be T10 is Yamato.

What do you guys think?

[CATS]
Players
27,515 posts
14,594 battles
  • Regina Elena is a pre Dreadnought, Tier III should be a design study or a fictional upgrade of Regina Elena
  • Cone Di Cavour should be in game with the 305mm guns
  • Andrea Doria should be the refitted version with 320mm guns, otherwise you have two identical ships one after the other
  • Cool 1

Players
1,740 posts
3,319 battles
21 minuti fa, Pinco047 ha scritto:

T3 - REGINA ELENA

T4 - DANTE ALIGHIERI

T6 - ANDREA DORIA (1943)

T9 - ?

T10 - ?

What do you guys think?

Tier 5 should be the original Conte di Cavour (pre-refit)

this one

9f43e913.jpg

The tier 8 must be either Vottorio Veneto or Littorio, the actually ones that named the class (Impero was the forth one, so why should they even go for that?)

Tier 9 wuold be a paper ship, but i think that they should be naming it Impero (maybe a Vittorio Veneto with 406mm guns as they were originally designed).

Tier 10 would be a paper ship as well, and I think that they should call it ITALIA

(The Regia Nave Littorio was actually renamed Italia after WW2 ended)

• Cool 2

Players
1,740 posts
3,319 battles
10 minuti fa, MementoMori_6030 ha scritto:

The only ship that deserves to be T10 is Yamato.

I see your point; I LOVE the Yamato too (maybe too much), but I think that Montana deserves it too; i mean, it was never build, but the projects were finished, it was just that the order was cancelled.

Take a look here for the list of paper ships that are in game (#removeSMOLENSK)

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-list-of-all-the-paper-ships-in-game/

Players
1,740 posts
3,319 battles
10 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

otherwise you have two identical ships one after the other

Almost identical; some changes to the secondary armaments. But yeah, the main armament was the same.

Here is Giulio Cesare (Cone di Cavour class)

IMG_20191209_185048.thumb.jpg.427cd705be59dfbf027d605341268e26.jpg

And here is Caio Duilio (Andrea Doria was of the same class, i.e. Caio Duilio class)

IMG_20191209_185036.thumb.jpg.73a889c3e98c87e426ccf2a8965a12e4.jpg

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I see your point; I LOVE the Yamato too (maybe too much), but I think that Montana deserves it too; i mean, it was never build, but the projects were finished, it was just that the order was cancelled.

Take a look here for the list of paper ships that are in game (#removeSMOLENSK)

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-list-of-all-the-paper-ships-in-game/

Due to the arcade nature of the game I don't mind paper ships and think the game would be pretty boring without most of them but each to their own.

So in the case for the Italians I don't see much of an issue to just get more improved Romas or similar designs for tier 9-10.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
12 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Due to the arcade nature of the game I don't mind paper ships

Most dont do, the problem is when it reaches this magnitude of mindboggling stupidity and bias:

dK51yYp.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles
Just now, havaduck said:

Most dont do, the problem is when it reaches this magnitude of mindboggling stupidity and bias:

dK51yYp.jpg

Which is why I said "most" of them. Paper ships that fill holes in existing lines or are interesting enough I'm happy with. 60 mm deck, magic 30 sec turret traverse and retarded anti AP armour schemes, not so much.

• Cool 4

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
34 posts
10,121 battles

I see guys,you have a point.Having the same caliber of the t5/t6 would make no sence. Maybe premium 1943? :-) 

I choose IMPERO as it was laid down and far the newest.WG has tendention to put the latest ships of the class in game,not to mention they can upgrade it asit was never finished.

I have no problem if they would decide to finish the BB line with T8,but we know that wont happend :-D

Players
7,170 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Tier 5 should be the original Conte di Cavour (pre-refit)

this one

9f43e913.jpg

The tier 8 must be either Vottorio Veneto or Littorio, the actually ones that named the class (Impero was the forth one, so why should they even go for that?)

Tier 9 wuold be a paper ship, but i think that they should be naming it Impero (maybe a Vittorio Veneto with 406mm guns as they were originally designed).

Tier 10 would be a paper ship as well, and I think that they should call it ITALIA

(The Regia Nave Littorio was actually renamed Italia after WW2 ended)

Big italia with either 420 or 431mm gunz.

Maybe gun secondaries as well:cap_haloween:

could prince of italy or similar be used? Or does it go against the regular names?

idk having something between 406 and 432mm would be noice even if it doesn’t make much of a difference.

• Cool 1

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles

Perhaps more importantly, what gimmicks will they give these battleships as obviously it can’t be SAP. Will they shoot SHE rounds? HE round that penetrates more armor but does less damage than normal HE. With the other ammo type being not AP but of course HE because reasons.

• Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,042 posts
16,676 battles
11 minutes ago, LordTareq said:

Perhaps more importantly, what gimmicks will they give these battleships as obviously it can’t be SAP.

Why not? SAP is probably the ideal BB shell. Especially given that Italian BB guns were known for long range and (relatively) high velocity - they'd be fearsome adversaries at range, especially if WG can find some plans for 406mm Ansaldo guns, as that calibre would go through the deck armour of almost every other BB in the game. 

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

Why not? SAP is probably the ideal BB shell. Especially given that Italian BB guns were known for long range and (relatively) high velocity - they'd be fearsome adversaries at range, especially if WG can find some plans for 406mm Ansaldo guns, as that calibre would go through the deck armour of almost every other BB in the game. 

You listed all the reasons why not! Italian BB’s would be deleting ships every other volley with 18k SAP shells that penetrate 100+mm of armour

[-TPF-]
Players
4,042 posts
16,676 battles
14 minutes ago, LordTareq said:

You listed all the reasons why not! Italian BB’s would be deleting ships every other volley with 18k SAP shells that penetrate 100+mm of armour

Yup. Red team BBs would need to get closer and rely on their belt armour, which SAP won't touch. Like... actual Battleships. An Impero at Tier IX with the improved bounce angles the cruisers get on SAP might be quite fun, with a 16 inch/406mm equivalent at Tier X. 

[ZEN]
Players
1,165 posts
13,410 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Yup. Red team BBs would need to get closer and rely on their belt armour, which SAP won't touch. Like... actual Battleships. An Impero at Tier IX with the improved bounce angles the cruisers get on SAP might be quite fun, with a 16 inch/406mm equivalent at Tier X. 

Well SAP is more likely to work with BB guns than cruiser guns at least...

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 10 Stunden, ollonborre sagte:

So in the case for the Italians I don't see much of an issue to just get more improved Romas or similar designs for tier 9-10.

T9 CAPO DI TUTTI CAPI?

T10 IL DUCE? 

[CAIN]
Players
4,536 posts
19,176 battles
15 hours ago, Pinco047 said:

T3 - REGINA ELENA

T4 - DANTE ALIGHIERI

T6 - ANDREA DORIA (1943)

T9 - ?

T10 - ?

What do you guys think?

T9 - Terrence Hill          A BB with high rate of fire with low damage and very maneuverable

T10 - Bud Spencer       A big, slow lumbering BB with a long reload but devastating guns

Seriously guys, how did you forget two italian legends? 

• Funny 5

Players
1,196 posts
19,113 battles
19 hours ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Regina Elena is a pre Dreadnought, Tier III should be a design study or a fictional upgrade of Regina Elena
  • Cone Di Cavour should be in game with the 305mm guns
  • Andrea Doria should be the refitted version with 320mm guns, otherwise you have two identical ships one after the other

Agreed. For the T3 it has been proposed many times in different RM BB threads using Cuniberti's original design for a dreadnought, which would also provide another (slight) departure from the hexagonal turret layout found in Kawachi, Nassau and Turenne. Many consider Giulio Cesare as a T6-worth ship, so pre-rebuild WW1 versions for T5 make sense.

20 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

T7 - FRANCESCO CARACCIOLO - launched but never in service, so maybe VITTORIO VENETO (premium downtiered from T8).

I see no problem in having Caracciolo at T7, although she would be a bit Colorado-style slow. Littorios belong to T8.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Players
194 posts
3,446 battles
Alle 9/12/2019 alle 18:33, MementoMori_6030 ha scritto:

Alle 9/12/2019 alle 18:22, Pinco047 ha scritto:

T3 - REGINA ELENA

T4 - DANTE ALIGHIERI

T6 - ANDREA DORIA (1943)

T9 - ?

T10 - ?

What do you guys think?

As another guy just said, the only real ship deserving to be called "T10" is Yamato, most of all nations really stopped at t8.Same can be said for t9, probably with the only exceptions of Iowa and Missouri.
That being said, also in this case WG might get out just inventing new ships to finish the line at t9 t10, se the same had done with almost all nations

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,596 battles
On 12/9/2019 at 6:22 PM, Pinco047 said:

T3 - REGINA ELENA

T4 - DANTE ALIGHIERI

T6 - ANDREA DORIA (1943)

T9 - ?

T10 - ?

What do you guys think?

Just seen T8 Impero on the live server, posted on Reddit too... did I miss something?

imp.thumb.jpg.2de8626a45f26d90a19794d965108057.jpg

Players
3,375 posts
On 12/9/2019 at 5:22 PM, Pinco047 said:

T3 - REGINA ELENA

T4 - DANTE ALIGHIERI

T6 - ANDREA DORIA (1943)

T9 - ?

T10 - ?

What do you guys think?

Was in a game with the Impero the other night, seems to have low gun range but it has smoke, interesting if not totally avoidable for me.

[CATS]
Players
27,515 posts
14,594 battles
5 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

Just seen T8 Impero on the live server, posted on Reddit too... did I miss something?

Yes, the Dev Blog and Patchnotes.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,042 posts
16,676 battles
4 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Was in a game with the Impero the other night, seems to have low gun range but it has smoke, interesting if not totally avoidable for me.

If it's anything like Roma, it has rage inducing gun characteristics. Had it on rental during the recent offer and it put me right off. Can't stand shotgun BBs.

• Cool 1