You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

24,000 doubloons for 'premium' Puerto Rico boosters.

778 comments in this topic

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,235 posts

That's the core point about the whole thing. I think I have every single event ship so far, I didn't even break a sweat with Benham. I have every t10 ship and I run a clan that even manages a few CBs every season. I basically admire WG for their monetization abilities and how they manage to make so much money on funnish free to play games. They could basically write a master class on game monetization.

However, Puerto grind is way, way, way above what I'm capable of. It's actually so ridiculous that I would be surprise if more than 0.1% of the playerbase will get it for free - which is stupid, because people like me who basically have everything need more stuff to do and we really look forward to events like this as a major motivation to keep playing. It's also so ducking expensive that most will just bypass the whole thing and neither pay the entry fee nor get caught with sunken costs at the end.

This is also probably the most predatory form of monetization so far, a new level for WG I'd say. It's the exact same play poker sharks mainly use to rid lesser fish of their money. 

All of this put together is ample cause for the shipshow that is going on currently. And it is actually really important that they get just that kind of feedback and in suitable quantities. No matter what their calculations said about the most profitable pricing and grind requirements for the event, they absolutely did not expect the kind of customer backlash they got, basically during the most imporant spending season of the year. somebody somewhere has really effed up and now we wait to see how WG tries to make up for it.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,605 posts
4,043 battles
2 hours ago, rilship said:

- It is not about how they treat YOU, its about how they treat ALL OF US - like brainless cash cows or jobless no lifers. There is nothing questionable and your lack of appropriate stance on what is happening  shows just what you value and this is not the community but only your own selfish interest. 

Whereas you are strictly unpersonal and able to determine, for all of us, which is the appropriate stance...? :Smile_Default:

If you have paid up a lot of doubloons based on incomplete information, you have my sympathy. You have every right to be angry. But being prepared to hear the arguments of the other side, is not a lack of stance - is the willingness to build your stance on a good foundation.

Also, Wargaming is not one person. Bad calls get made - and the way they set up this Puerto Rico event, I think, was one of them. If enough of us question how this was done and make our voices heard - and my voice, in my previous post that you quoted, is among them - hopefully a better call will be made next time.

Beta Tester
3,605 posts
4,043 battles
1 hour ago, Arilou_skiff said:

I think it's kind of amazing that they made Jingles angry. The man usually doesen't get angry. 

For as long as I have followed Jingles' videos, he has always tried to see both sides of a situation. He has been careful with his praise and even more careful with his criticism. During the whole run of that sorry "Fochsgate" incident a few years back, his was the voice of reason - which made his final stance, when he made it, all the more convincing. This is one reason why so many people tend to listen to what he has to say.

• Cool 2

Players
0 posts

Sub Octavian's response to this is comedic at best and one of the reasons I've left this game and went back to tanks. The funnier part, is once again, this goon has gone back to the spreadsheet to justify their actions.  They think you're all a joke.  And his excuse was "they miscommunicated"? NO Octavian, this was the plan all along. You know damned well that this is not attainable by nearly anyone. Flamu plays this game for a living and said that he couldn't even do it without spending money. Just like the left, you are disconnected from reality and your constituents.  You will be out of a job in the near future after this studio shuts down and we'll all be there with the popcorn as the doors close. Nobody will feel sorry for you. This is a blatant and purposeful cash grab you greedy F*ck.

#walletclosed

• Cool 5

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,154 battles

So, each dubloon booster will make you able to skip a directive?! 

Players
3,184 posts
15,209 battles

it looks to me like the ship yard is now dropping 16 points a second - that's with the 3 dubz boosters and the first free token one, so that's 960/min or 57,600/min or 1,382,400/day... i'm on 19.2 mill now plus the 1.3x28 days left is 38.7 for a total of 57.9 mill.

I thought you needed the first three directives done to get the PR, it doesn't seem that way now...

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

I live 6000 Kms away from my family and Christmas/New year is the only time of the year when I come back so I never play at this time. Generally I'm annoyed (relatively) as I miss the christmas event of world of warships which generally are very good. This year though, I don't care at all if I miss it. This Porto Rico building...

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,469 posts
20,852 battles

I've done the math and if I really want the PR I could get away with about €70 or even less. Good thing is that I don't have to decide for another month.

[SKIDZ]
Players
985 posts
9 hours ago, BeefCrtinBandit said:

Sub Octavian's response to this is comedic at best and one of the reasons I've left this game and went back to tanks. The funnier part, is once again, this goon has gone back to the spreadsheet to justify their actions.  They think you're all a joke.  And his excuse was "they miscommunicated"? NO Octavian, this was the plan all along. You know damned well that this is not attainable by nearly anyone. Flamu plays this game for a living and said that he couldn't even do it without spending money. Just like the left, you are disconnected from reality and your constituents.  You will be out of a job in the near future after this studio shuts down and we'll all be there with the popcorn as the doors close. Nobody will feel sorry for you. This is a blatant and purposeful cash grab you greedy F*ck.

#walletclosed

This

[KRILL]
Players
160 posts
5,850 battles

Just stumbled about this Clip - those movies are like some good old memories from my childhood.

This one in particular fits perfectly into the actual situation. Puts a big smile on my face

bud.gif.331c49545ac2b79712fefaa401c34925.gif

• Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,393 posts
4,236 battles
13 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

The exact same reason why I'm reacting as I do. I bought the first booster on that premise before even checking the directives. Didn't expect an easy grind but somewhat manageable and not a entirely impossible grind it turned out to be.

I have 329 ships in port so I have funded this game a little more than the average player and WG seems to think its worth to trick me for a lousy 6000 doubloons and break my trust for them this way.... Just hope you enjoy the 6000 doubloons because, Unless you change direction it will be the last real money you ever receive from me. @MrConway @Crysantos Any solution that can rebuild my trust???? And others! I know you are not in charge for anything, but maybe you can bring it up in the system. You don't treat repeat customers this way. After all we pay your bills.

We are happy to refund any premium boosters that were bought and return the doubloons to you. Please send a support ticket and allow for a little time to process as we have an increased ticket load at the moment.

Hope that helps!

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
16 posts
2,581 battles
11 hours ago, BeefCrtinBandit said:

#walletclosed

They are probably thinking WoWs has too many players so they can send some of us to other games. (Of course their other games) 

[ROT8]
Players
2,773 posts
5 hours ago, Salentine said:

it looks to me like the ship yard is now dropping 16 points a second - that's with the 3 dubz boosters and the first free token one, so that's 960/min or 57,600/min or 1,382,400/day... i'm on 19.2 mill now plus the 1.3x28 days left is 38.7 for a total of 57.9 mill.

I thought you needed the first three directives done to get the PR, it doesn't seem that way now...

And the tickover number will go up to more points a second the further you get through it.....basically, even for not bothering a load of free stuff will go into your port. I am happy with that tbh.

Players
7,616 posts

Okay, so.. the shipbuilding is in progress...

Basically, if you are either good, dumb or rich enough to give it a go, there's four different ransom prices you can aim for.

End of Stage III = 35k

End of Stage IV = 24k

End of Stage V = 15k

End of Stage VI = 0k

If the information we've been able to find is correct on those prices. All you have to figure out which of those you can reach in time, and with what kind of doubloon, other resource and time commitment. WG don't make this easy, mates, not by a long shot....

Players
7,616 posts
4 minutes ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

I'm laughing so hard right now :>

Thanks for refunding at all, I guess, but are you really happy about it?

Hehe.. in some English dialects, that word brings funny connotations, like seeing them wearing party hats and rejoicing at WG HQ when they get to give us back the looted doubloons! :Smile_trollface:

[SINT]
Players
1,231 posts
24,545 battles

I logged on at 07.00 and found that co-op was in full action.. A lot of people grinding and the toxity of co-op is already high.. Killstealing is a thing now and even if you kill "fair" it will result in karma drop by a snowflake who thinks you taken his/ her " kill anyway …

In a Gorizia I cannot compete with a Benson yoloing with torp to the right, torp to the left, get 2-3 kills and die.... So will focus on the other missions and not the 90 kills….

But why is it so busy (in co-op)? Since most in the forum are claiming they are boycotting this event???:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
7,616 posts
3 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

I logged on at 07.00 and found that co-op was in full action.. A lot of people grinding and the toxity of co-op is already high.. Killstealing is a thing now and even if you kill "fair" it will result in karma drop by a snowflake who thinks you taken his/ her " kill anyway …

In a Gorizia I cannot compete with a Benson yoloing with torp to the right, torp to the left, get 2-3 kills and die.... So will focus on the other missions and not the 90 kills….

But why is it so busy (in co-op)? Since most in the forum are claiming they are boycotting this event???:Smile_trollface:

:Smile_hiding:

Players
107 posts
19,991 battles
2 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

People are Snowflaking their Co-op's or is that Co-op'ing their Snowflakes.  :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,408 posts
20,493 battles

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

So that's why I am losing my Karma in CoOp... I was wondering what is going on (when I kill 2-3-4 ships per game)...  :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,393 posts
4,236 battles
2 hours ago, TOXIC_DD_MAIN said:

@MrConway

does a refound will have any negative consequences or does the points simply get resettet , your get your dublonns and thats it?

When we process the refund you will lose points and levels gained due to the booster as well as any rewards you received for completing the stages.

In the likely case that you have already opened the Mega Christmas Gift that comes which each booster, you will be able to keep it's contents but we will have to remove the price of the containers (1250 dbls) each from your account.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,773 posts
17 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Killstealing is a thing now and even if you kill "fair" it will result in karma drop by a snowflake who thinks you taken his/ her " kill anyway …

Just normal coop behavior really...nothing new here. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
5 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Just normal coop behavior really...nothing new here. :Smile_smile:

Now players hold fire until the enemy ship is within a few 1000HP of dying, and then blast them. That wasn't the case (as much) before.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,489 posts
11,306 battles
25 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Those are the people who don't read the forum/reddit and don't yet understand the game was rigged from the start.

• Cool 1