You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

24,000 doubloons for 'premium' Puerto Rico boosters.

778 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
3,733 posts
10,168 battles

We now know what the premium boosters for the PR build will cost: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

At the prices I'm seeing, that's of the order of 69 UKP, with a few doubloons left over (14.5K + 10K bundles).

What isn't clear yet is if they're enough on their own to get the ship, if activated early enough...

(I might be missing something, of course)

image.thumb.png.2ee72c0fa3344579e61a8058214c70c8.png

• Cool 2

[5PIW]
Players
31 posts
10,065 battles
1 minute ago, Ocsimano18 said:

As I understand, you can skip the grind and pay the doubloon price, 24000 for a Tier X ship. So basically you have the following options:

1. Grind nearly all daily missions and directives. (no holiday)

2. Grind a lot and pay a little (3000-6000 doubloons).

3. Grind some and pay much.

4. Don't grind and pay 24000 doubloons.

5. Ignore the grind and the ship.

I'm not sure which option is worth/sane.

Sadly its not a skip, its mere 30% boost if its the same as it was on the PT, so you have insane price for small boost that will allow you to sleep a bit easier and actualy enjoy christmass instead of working your [edited]off day by day... still, the price is ABSURD for such small boost.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,733 posts
10,168 battles

For context, again in the UK Pounds, a flat-out buy of a T9 premium is currently showing 54, plus change.

Players
350 posts
4,048 battles
4 minutes ago, Cpt_Nero_ said:

Sadly its not a skip, its mere 30% boost if its the same as it was on the PT, so you have insane price for small boost that will allow you to sleep a bit easier and actualy enjoy christmass instead of working your [edited]off day by day... still, the price is ABSURD for such small boost.

Oh yes, 24000 doubloons for 3 boosters. Goodbye PR, welcome holiday then.

Three boosters are available in exchange for doubloons. Their total cost is 24,000 doubloons.

• Cool 4

Players
646 posts
9,908 battles

All we know at this stage is what the boosters will cost, and that auto-completing construction for Doubloons unlocks at stage 18 out of 36.

We don't actually know what the build rates are going to be, how much each of the boosters will accelerate the build rate, etc, to really determine 'cost'.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,733 posts
10,168 battles

Incidentally, I note that the graphic on the news story shows the PT price (unless the first and/or third are massively expensive by comparison):

image.png.f1275280f51563482b3e93aaa328f9dc.png

Countdown to the first thread a la Black ships missions 'WG lied about the price...etc.'

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
21,139 posts
12,903 battles

With 24k Dubloons you will get the ship after around 10 days without playing.

When you plan to play during the holidays, you can spend less.

• Cool 7

Players
2,194 posts
13 minutes ago, Cpt_Nero_ said:

Let me again point this out:

Please note: it will be impossible to complete the ship in time without using boosters.

• Bad 1

[5PIW]
Players
31 posts
10,065 battles
6 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Let me again point this out:

By that I think they mean normal boosters for tokens, not doubloons, since If they did make it a MUST to buy Doubloons in order to get this ship, they better be prepared for a solid flak.

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
21,139 posts
12,903 battles

When the event starts I can only recommend to put the numbers into Excel.

From the looks of it, we have 28 days where the dock generates construction points.

With the free booster, you need around 178 days to complete the Puerto Rico, which is impossible.

• Cool 5

Players
2,194 posts
4 minutes ago, Cpt_Nero_ said:

By that I think they mean normal boosters for tokens, not doubloons, since If they did make it a MUST to buy Doubloons in order to get this ship, they better be prepared for a solid flak.

Well.. don't know, seems to be communicated pretty clearly...

Key rules

• Progress along the scale will start automatically on December 16, even if you don't log in to the game on that date.
  • The shipbuilding process can be accelerated using certain Dockyard enhancements called "boosters".
  • The shipbuilding process will continue even after you log out of the game.
  • Starting from phase 18, you'll be given the option to complete construction of the ship immediately in exchange for doubloons.
  • Don't forget to collect the available rewards for completing phases!
  • Please note: it will be impossible to complete the ship in time without using boosters.

WG :cap_rambo:WOWS

[5PIW]
Players
31 posts
10,065 battles

Thats the thing, they called both branches "Boosters" be it for Tokens and Doubloons, in fact, they even listed it out that starting from phase 18, you can get her instantly by spending doubloons, which means they are simply a massive acceleration of production, but not 100% requirement.

Players
2,194 posts
1 minute ago, Cpt_Nero_ said:

Thats the thing, they called both branches "Boosters" be it for Tokens and Doubloons, in fact, they even listed it out that starting from phase 18, you can get her instantly by spending doubloons, which means they are simply a massive acceleration of production, but not 100% requirement.

The way I read it you can't finish it on time without paying for it one way or the other.

Players
350 posts
4,048 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

The way I read it you can't finish it on time without paying for it one way or the other.

You can finish it, but you have to play a lot nearly all days to complete the 2 daily missions. You can only skip a few days/missions. So basically if you want to do something else in your free time for 30 days, then you have to pay.

[CATS]
Players
21,139 posts
12,903 battles
9 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

No. You can get her by playing. But you probably have to play a lot in a short time.

The later you get a booster, the less effect it has.

But we will see it next week.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
200 posts
14,208 battles

WG knows how to make players happy. If I get it right you have to play everyday to get max tokens if you dont wanna use any dublons.

Stil a good move from WG, players will use dublons when they realise they cant keep up the grind.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
812 posts
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

With the free booster, you need around 178 days to complete the Puerto Rico, which is impossible.

Do we already have actual numbers available somewhere or where did you get that estimate?

[CATS]
Players
21,139 posts
12,903 battles
8 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

Do we already have actual numbers available somewhere or where did you get that estimate?

The needed construction points are known (32,062,500) and I used the point generation from the first screenshot (125/min).

Players
2,194 posts
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No. You can get her by playing. But you probably have to play a lot in a short time.

The later you get a booster, the less effect it has.

But we will see it next week.

8 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

@Karasu_Hidesuke

Screenshot_4.thumb.jpg.8f07258ae82564435d109a09e67e68f9.jpg

They always follow the same pattern; things like event ships are always possible to obtain by grinding for free, but you have to grind a lot, or pay to shorten it.

Gawd this is confusing.

What I mostly worry about is have they actually made it possible to both grind and pay and still somehow fail to complete it on time?

[CATS]
Players
21,139 posts
12,903 battles
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

What I mostly worry about is have they actually made it possible to both grind and pay and still somehow fail to complete it on time?

That is the thing I worry about too and asked in the last Dev Blog entry, but did not get an answer.

That is probably the reason you get stuff for the stages and extra stuff when you spend Dubloons.

• Cool 2

[WTFNO]
Players
477 posts
8,196 battles
12 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Indeed. If you plan badly you may very well end up paying for some boosters with doubloons and still not get the ship in time.

Brilliant, isn't it ?

WG may have reached a new low here.

• Cool 9