Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMechano

If you take forever to load in to a game...

22 comments in this topic

[501L]
Players
317 posts
4,045 battles

...Please, for the love of all that's holy, don't play a DD where people are relying on you to be out front and, at a minimum spotting people. Several times over the past couple of weeks I've encountered people playing DDs that have taken 3-4 minutes to load in to a game at which point people are already deployed and the enemy DD is given free reign on a flank because you only just loaded in. Big personal pet peeve of mine, I know it's not fair because "well what if they had an emergency?", I get that but I don't know that if you don't say it in chat, all I see is someone who has been sat there doing nothing for 5 minutes+.

• Cool 6

[SM0KE]
Players
3,730 posts
10,161 battles

You can make a similar case for most of the classes: cruisers are needed to blap DDs that get spotted - without support, the DDs are often boned/ineffectual (assuming the enemy knows his business); BBs are needed to knock over the enemy cruisers, so helping out the DDs; a CV that isn't spotting the enemy fleet early is a liability, and so on...

• Cool 4

Players
273 posts
6,258 battles

i was having long load in problems, got a SSD for £26 and now i am one of the first, i like  simple solutions 

• Cool 4

[BLAST]
Players
759 posts
12,265 battles
36 minutes ago, illy said:

i was having long load in problems, got a SSD for £26 and now i am one of the first, i like  simple solutions 

I ditched mechanical hard drives a long time ago. Makes a big difference, when the rest of the system is not being held back.

I suppose there are some poorer parts of the region that can't get a decent sized SSD yet.

Players
253 posts
4,696 battles

I play on an oldish laptop, has an i5/6200u in it (which at the time I thought was good)

its not. It’s a pile of poo. It is ok for a little while, try to do a few games (or good forbid playing music in the background) and you occasionally get 3ish minute load in times.

not much you can do about it tbh though. Just like those whole gamer afk’ers, or the rush in and die within 2 minutes ones.

or the poor unfortunate people targetted by a good CV player while in a dd

Players
476 posts
4,606 battles
Vor 23 Stunden, MacArthur92 sagte:

Well some people still play on HDD and low RAM memories...

I hear you.

Just went to the store to buy a new computer to replace my vintage i3 with onboard GFX and 8GB DDR3...

When the clerk asked me what the hell I am playing and I answered "World of Warships"... priceless.

Acer_Predator_Orion_9000_Promo_01.jpg
  • Intel® Core™ i9-9900K (3.60 GHz, Turbo Boost @ 5.0 GHz Cache 16MB, Cores 8x Threads 16x)
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080ti (11GB GDDR6)
  • 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM 2400 MHz (2x 16GB)
  • 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • Creative Sound BlasterX 720°
  • Cooler Master Liquid Cooling, IceTunnel 2.0

• Cool 2

[POMF]
Players
131 posts
7,526 battles

There is a larger issue at play here, which I posted a while ago in the forums.

The game should simply not start unless all players have loaded in. Many other games have this feature and there could be many ways to counter long wait times.

Replace players with other people for example if they have not loaded after specified amount of time etc etc.

• Cool 1

[R_N_G]
Players
26 posts
9,651 battles
On 12/9/2019 at 3:08 PM, DrMechano said:

If you take forever to load in to a game...

...Please, for the love of all that's holy, don't play a DD where people are relying on you to be out front ...

Sry, those players are not loading into the game, they wait for the 1st squadron of rockets planes to pass by (which is a better spotter anyway), so that they have some to chance to get anywhere without being anihilated  ...

• Bad 1

Players
476 posts
4,606 battles
Vor 28 Minuten, Ronchabale sagte:

Used to have that a lot, since i got an SSD disk it never happened 

Being 3 minutes late for battle will be a past problem because fortunately the new computer comes with an SSD! Lucky me! Probably I could just have bought an SSD instead of a 9k € computer. But it's Christmas.

And I will change all the graphic settings from OFF or LOW to MAXIMUM. Banzai!

• Funny 1

[SKIDZ]
Players
904 posts
32 minutes ago, Utlieov said:

Sry, those players are not loading into the game, they wait for the 1st squadron of rockets planes to pass by (which is a better spotter anyway), so that they have some to chance to get anywhere without being anihilated  ...

Wat E sed

• Bad 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,810 posts
7,302 battles
3 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I hear you.

Just went to the store to buy a new computer to replace my vintage i3 with onboard GFX and 8GB DDR3...

When the clerk asked me what the hell I am playing and I answered "World of Warships"... priceless.

• Intel® Core™ i9-9900K (3.60 GHz, Turbo Boost @ 5.0 GHz Cache 16MB, Cores 8x Threads 16x)
  • 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD

This is so overkill for world of warship.

You can run Star Citizen with this tbh...

I hope you do something else than just WoWS with that PC, because that would be a huge waste of money. Assembling it yourself by buying the separate parts would have already been way cheaper.

BTW that 512GB SSD is nice, but I recommend you to get another one. Preferably another 1Tb SSD.

You put your System OS on the 512GB one (it will takes most of the space by itself), your games on the 1TB SSD, and your files, pictures, documents and whatever on the HDD.

For comparison, my old outdated computer got an old i5 processor, a very old motherboard, and I upgraded it with a KFA2 1060 6Go for the Graphic Card, 16Gb DDR3 RAM, and two SSD. It already allows me to play WOWS at max graphic settings. And I play a lot more other games as well. My processor only shows its limit when I run games like Total War which requires a lot of processing power. And the budget for this PC upgrade was around 600€ altogether.

[LUZ1]
Players
123 posts
8,501 battles
On 12/9/2019 at 3:23 PM, Verblonde said:

You can make a similar case for most of the classes: cruisers are needed to blap DDs that get spotted - without support, the DDs are often boned/ineffectual (assuming the enemy knows his business); BBs are needed to knock over the enemy cruisers, so helping out the DDs; a CV that isn't spotting the enemy fleet early is a liability, and so on...

Well except for BBs, they can just hang in the back and farm damage, you won't miss them the first five minutes :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
476 posts
4,606 battles
Vor 52 Minuten, ShinGetsu sagte:

I hope you do something else than just WoWS with that PC, because that would be a huge waste of money. Assembling it yourself by buying the separate parts would have already been way cheaper.

You are absolutely right, but I cannot take my hard earned wealth with me beyond the Styx. Tempus fugit.

[P-W-C]
Players
5,840 posts
29,511 battles
7 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I hear you.

• 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Well you don’t need so much powerhouse to play this game. But this will definitely serve you for years and for other games too if you play other than wows. 

[JRM]
Players
3,690 posts
19,793 battles
On 12/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, illy said:

Same here, although I couldnt even say it was regular load in problems but SSD sure improved the "look and feel" on the PC

Players
476 posts
4,606 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, MacArthur92 sagte:

for other games too if you play other than wows. 

Well, I also play "Realm of the Mad God" - which would probably run smoothly on a Game Boy from 1989. :Smile_hiding:

Players
962 posts
13,010 battles

On the bright side, the average DD player in randoms will live longer than he normally does if he takes 3-4 min to load in.. that's like, 2 min extra time being alive..

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
3,690 posts
19,793 battles

The funny thing is the US bb line...

Up to T8 you are stuck with the snail pace and think :etc_swear: i wish this piece of :etc_swear: did more then 20kt.... And after that you drive at half speed most of the time unless you want to get deleted 3 min in... :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this