You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

again with the Christmas gamble boxes.

104 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,609 posts
6,386 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

so AGAIN wargaming are selling all the overpowered removed premium ships in gamble boxes...

In the beginning of this year, when wargaming were trying to nerf premiums starting with the gulio cesare, they got a lot of backlash for blatantly trying to profit from these ships in the gamble boxes before planning to nerf them.

One of the wargaming officials responeded to this backlash by saying that selling these ships in the gamble boxes was a "mistake"

Well this shows exactly how much of a mistake wargaming actually thought that it was. I havent spent a dime on this game since the last time they sold these boxes, looks like wargaming wont get my money this year either.

• Cool 21
  • Angry 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,520 posts
19,122 battles

Benham in lootboxes...sigh. 

What are the chances she'll be available in the store? Ranging from minus 279 - 0? 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,298 posts
23 minutes ago, thiextar said:

In the beginning of this year, when wargaming were trying to nerf premiums starting with the gulio cesare, they got a lot of backlash for blatantly trying to profit from these ships in the gamble boxes before planning to nerf them.

the sh*tstorm was mainly because of nerfing premium ships in general...

• Cool 4

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,104 posts
11,146 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Benham in lootboxes...sigh. 

What are the chances she'll be available in the store? Ranging from minus 279 - 0? 

In a premium ship bundle.

"36 premium ships for the low low price of 300€ !!!"

Lmao

• Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,660 posts
6,387 battles

Art thou surprised?

As far as I'm concerned, there are too many mehbotes that I don't have (and am not interested in) in these containers for me to chance them.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,202 posts
13,812 battles

Hm, I thought the russian Nürnberg would be in the boxes as well, seems she has completely disappeared. :cap_hmm:

[SM0KE]
Players
5,843 posts
14,110 battles

I almost missed that the 'classic' (apparently) OP premiums are in the list - WG show them right at the top (I initially was looking at the relevant tiers); presumably, the lure of moolah won out over the PR issues of only being able to get said premiums via gambling?

I see that Fujin has been added too - sadly, I feel a moment of weakness coming on...

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,520 posts
19,122 battles
28 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

In a premium ship bundle.

"36 premium ships for the low low price of 300€ !!!"

Lmao

Even if WG would do that, despite being pricey, it still beats loot boxes. 

For the simple reason: you know what you get! 

• Cool 2

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
20 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Art thou surprised?

As far as I'm concerned, there are too many mehbotes that I don't have (and am not interested in) in these containers for me to chance them.

same here to be honest, I don't have very many premiums so I know it would take me like 100 of those boxes to get anything good, which is like £300

[SM0KE]
Players
5,843 posts
14,110 battles

Incidentally, I *still* think it's pi$$ poor that the odds aren't clearly published - if they were, at least people could make an informed choice (assuming they understand odds)...

• Cool 8

Players
1,009 posts
14,609 battles

Wait for the CC Streamers given 50 various crates to open, with rigged drop rates to make them look more attractive.

I think it's time Wargaming do the right thing and publish the drop rate % for each of the prize categories, rather than wait to be forced by market regulators.

• Cool 16

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
23 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Hm, I thought the russian Nürnberg would be in the boxes as well, seems she has completely disappeared.

@Fat_Maniac: F

Beta Tester
713 posts

3 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Wait for the CC Streamers given 50 various crates to open, with rigged drop rates to make them look more attractive.

you have proof of that?

• Bad 2

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
18 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

I think it's time Wargaming do the right thing and publish the drop rate % for each of the prize categories, rather than wait to be forced by market regulators.

It wasn't so much as it was rigged it was more that CCs tend to, because it's their job/livelihood, buy all the premium ships anyway and the way the crates work is if you already have a ship, it will give you one you don't have. So for most of them it looks more attractive because they're getting them in huge amounts (people donate specifically for santa boxes) AND they're more than likely to get one of the rare ones if they don't already have it.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,915 posts
3,770 battles
23 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

I read the list and cried. I'm never gonna get my Admiral Mak now.

@MrConway, @CrysantosAdmiral Mak wasn't OP, and there are still some of us who don't have her and very much want her. Why has she been permanently removed?

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,915 posts
3,770 battles
28 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Incidentally, I *still* think it's pi$$ poor that the odds aren't clearly published - if they were, at least people could make an informed choice (assuming they understand odds)...

I think if they did post the odds nobody would buy them.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Then again: nothing guarantees the droprates for this event will be the same as for the Anniversary (the containers are different).

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,520 posts
19,122 battles

Sigh. All i want from this Event is the bloody Benham.

• Cool 4

Players
1,834 posts
15,434 battles

Did you really expect them to give up lootboxes if they're not legally required to? There's a reason they introduce new types for literally every event - they bring in the dineros. They promote compulsive behavior by promising a chance of good rewards, without actually guaranteeing you'll get anything good from them. So people buy them in bulk.. and if they don't get anything good, from a large pack of them, well, buying just one more isn't that expensive, maybe that'll be the one? Then one more.. and again.. etc etc. Before they know it, they dropped an equivalent amount to several AAA games just for a chance to drop playable units for a single game. It's not fair, it's not what I would call an ethical business practice, and it's not going anywhere without them being legally required to stop promoting gambling habits in this way.

• Cool 7

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,500 posts
15,993 battles

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Then again: nothing guarantees the droprates for this event will be the same as for the Anniversary (the containers are different).

Absolutely correct and true... but we know that ship drop chances are always low... very low... :Smile_hiding:

The Anniversary event statistics regarding ship drop chances from 1.200+ "SuperContainers" are just around 1.5% ... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
1,834 posts
15,434 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Absolutely correct and true... but we know that ship drop chances are always low... very low... :Smile_hiding:

The Anniversary event statistics regarding ship drop chances from 1.200+ "SuperContainers" are just around 1.5% ... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

Is there a difference between anniversary SC's and just regular SC's? I think they're one and the same, but correct me if I'm wrong. However for christmas boxes they give several types, so santa's gift, big gift and mega gift do have different ship drop chances - mega gift probably has a better shot at this than 1.5%.. but it would be nice to know what that is.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,843 posts
14,110 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

mega gift probably has a better shot at this than 1.5%.

In previous years, the chance of *a* ship has been much higher than that (or I've been spectacularly lucky); a crucial additional element to the calculus is which ships do you already have - for example, there are at least a couple of suspect T5s that I don't have; I'm assuming I have to get through both of those before getting something 'good'.

So, for most people, it's not a matter of getting just one ship, but rather getting several...

• Cool 2