Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

How to play Brindisi?

12 comments in this topic

Players
1,628 posts
7,479 battles

The combination of a huge  citadel and high detection range (with 9.7km smoke firing detection) led me to kite at distance, which reduces my game impact. Also bad positioning is always punished  How do you play it effectively?

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles
4 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

The combination of a huge  citadel and high detection range (with 9.7km smoke firing detection) led me to kite at distance, which reduces my game impact. Also bad positioning is always punished  How do you play it effectively?

Did you play the Amalfi? It should play nearly identical to that ship except be better in nearly every aspect.

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
54 minutes ago, LordTareq said:

Did you play the Amalfi? It should play nearly identical to that ship except be better in nearly every aspect.

On paper only. Brindisi has higher citadel. Gets obliterated easier than Amalfi. Player the Amalfi and never got so big hits. After some miserable battles - I took 100k free exp and jumped to Venezia. Way better experience. 

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,336 battles
12 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

How do you play it effectively?

You can take a look at Flamu guide that he posted on youtube. He most of times knows what he is talking about.

Players
1,809 posts
15,366 battles

Yea I can see you're having an issue with her. It would be easier if we saw a replay of yours so we could offer specifics. Failing that, however...

... I kind of like her! Yes, she's vulnerable if caught broadside. Be careful of stuff that overmatches you. This is kind of true for any cruiser. You also need to develop awareness of the ranges of closest enemy, and be aware of your rather huge smoke firing penalty.

Let's talk about the positives, though. Starting with t8, I found the SAP actually starts working. Not sure why. With Amalfi I just started dealing SAP damage on a more consistent basis. Come to think of it, this may have coincided with the autobounce angle buff. If you can (and haven't already), get Sansonetti, he does make a big difference, more than I thought he would. Use both improved expert loader and TA. Improved TA actually gives you 7kt speed increase on your torps rather than 5. With improved torp range and speed starting with t9, you end up with 63kt torps that still get over 10km range. Well worth it. The skill I got even more bang for buck on is the improved expert loader. Why? Because every so often, you can make stuff like this happen: :Smile_trollface:

IMG_4610.JPG.9056e338f1eeb54e2742a21450bb889c.jpg.742af656ae9faf948435768e96a47e2b.jpg

Ok, this won't happen every game, but you'll still get citadels and lots of damage on broadside cruisers if you can switch to AP on a moment's notice. Mind you, I've had these dev strike salvos on other cruiser types so it's not like only the Neptune is vulnerable (did it to another Brindisi a few games before that one, for example - I will say, just go full on SAP for more armored cruisers like the Alaska, for example). Remember, 910 m/s shells are nothing to sneeze at. When your target isn't a broadside cruiser, use SAP, often you'll have to go for superstructures on angled / armored targets but you can get 10k+ salvos on BB's fairly easily. As for the rest, it's all about positioning and timing your smokes. These smokes aren't really meant for sitting in them and spamming most of the time, you need to plan your maneuvers with them ahead, and learn to not waste them; even with prem consumables (which you should always run) and SI you don't get that many, and the cooldown isn't great either. So, don't panic smoke the moment a BB looks at you, remember you're quite fast and maneuverable, so kite, dodge, and use the smokes to get out of really serious trouble other cruisers would have died in.

I usually switch between kiting and ambush/agressive hit'n'run sort of style, depending on the situation. Truth be told I quite like the Brindisi, also liked the Amalfi so I'm really looking forward to Venezia. I found the Zara to be hit and miss, and everything below that just garbage, so I have to agree with those that said that this line starts at t8 - this was certainly the case for me. I will say, however, that your overall cruiser stats suggest you need a bit of practice with this class in general - italian ones are fairly specific and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone that isn't comfortable with cruisers overall. Maybe try to get good in something like a Zao first? You'll have an easier time, and you'll develop skills that you'll be able to put to use on other lines too.

[AMOK]
[AMOK]
Players
4,015 posts
19,911 battles

At the start, go in, support the DD try to get a good salvo at the enemy DD (one good salvo ist often enough to "convince" the enemy DD to relocate)

Then comes your Gimmick: Smoke out of there (In case your aiming counter suddenly counts to 12 because of all those snipers drooling because they have something to shoot at)

Enough of teamsupport now kite.

Use the Brindisi as an ambush cruiser, seek out your target and make use of your alphe strike potential.

Vor 14 Stunden, Ocsimano18 sagte:

Also bad positioning is always punished

At that point the Brindisi excels. Keep your smoke for such Situations kombined with your speed you can quickly disengage and get to bettr positions. You dont need to be punished but you have to recognize those situations BEFORE you get punished.

And thats what in my oppinion is the best about the Brindisi (and Amalfi): You can play offensive and have the tool to mitigate errors like overextension or choosing the wrong side.

Just dont make the mistake to use the smoke to get off some salvoes undetected... Use it to survive not to deal Damage (Ok.. i also use the smokerushing and torping method to get rid of BBs) Keep it to survive problematic situations.

• Cool 1

Players
1,628 posts
7,479 battles
Players
1,628 posts
7,479 battles

Resolved the issue:

Venezia2.jpg

One DD per side, enemy Shima was roaming freely in the middle, detecting and torping everyone. I had to charge the smoke:

VeneziaDouble.jpg

Players
1,809 posts
15,366 battles

Pardon me, but a 21k defeat in a t10 doesn't look like the issue being resolved to me. Ultimately, trading yourself for the enemy DD is worth it if it results in a win - winning is why you focus DD's. However, trading at game start is rarely worth it; it removes your ability to influence the match further, which puts it squarely on the shoulders of your random team mates, which is a risk even gambling addicts should cringe at. If the enemy shima was in the middle spotting, obviously he got spotted himself which forced him to smoke. While he's in smoke, he's not spotting anymore, while you know his rough position. Your team can now blind fire and torp that smoke. Charging a shima smoke early game in a cruiser with no hydro is a dubious plan at best. The fact you lucked out to get a double strike doesn't change this fact - the damage you dealt in that game shows you were lucky enough to have your team deal most of the damage to at least one of those targets.

So, decision making. Never trade your ship away early game. You do it late game when it's a calculated trade that ensures the win, not when there's still work to be done. You can't trust your team to get it done, and as you can see, they haven't that time either, regardless of the enemy shima being killed.

Sorry to say, but I think you wasted 150k fxp there. The Venezia doesn't play significantly different to Brindisi, if you can't make one work you'll have issues with the other, too.

• Cool 1

Players
1,628 posts
7,479 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

So, decision making. Never trade your ship away early game. You do it late game when it's a calculated trade that ensures the win, not when there's still work to be done. You can't trust your team to get it done, and as you can see, they haven't that time either, regardless of the enemy shima being killed.

Sorry to say, but I think you wasted 150k fxp there. The Venezia doesn't play significantly different to Brindisi, if you can't make one work you'll have issues with the other, too.

It was a mid game trade. The game was a strategic nightmare, our DD left the center alone and went for the eastern cap, I retreated from the East towards the middle, not being able to shoot anyone, that's why I have no other DMG. Here is the replay, if you are interested.

I did not wasted 150k FXP. Venezia has better SAP angles and better armor. The grind for Brindisi was insane with 30% winrate. Now I can play Venezia, whenever I like, without worrying about the grind. Anyway, there is no FXP ship I want at the moment, and I will easily get to 1 million till the next intereseting FXP ship comes.

20191210_084729_PISC110-Venezia_44_Path_warrior.wowsreplay

Players
1,628 posts
7,479 battles

I watched Flamu streaming Brindisi, 69019 dmg, fourth of the team, loss. He gives a second try. 64492dmg, 4 kills, he did the endgame well.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this