You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Aslain

[0.10.10.0] Aslain's WoWS ModPack Installer

5,854 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

CryHavoc just added a minimap mod with last known position and ship names :great:

Alpha Tester
38 posts

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/22352-tanzs-new-shipyard-ijnussoviet-uk-skins/#topmost   The skins from pold77 are created by Tanz, please edit and remove pold77's name as he did not create these skins

@pold77 stop using my clanmates work without credit and permission

Modder
3,635 posts

Ok, so I have spoken to pold77. He don't know you, don't know Tanz and his/her skins, pold77 used his own skils, all that job is done by him.

He based on these materials:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_US_Navy_dazzle_camouflage_measures_31,_32_and_33:_aircraft_carriers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_US_Navy_dazzle_camouflage_measures_31,_32_and_33:_cruisers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_US_Navy_dazzle_camouflage_measures_31,_32_and_33:_destroyers

I think Tanzk skins were also based on these camuflages that's why you think it's done by Tanz, while it's not.

[SIEMA]
Alpha Tester
263 posts
8,385 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/22352-tanzs-new-shipyard-ijnussoviet-uk-skins/#topmost   The skins from pold77 are created by Tanz, please edit and remove pold77's name as he did not create these skins

@pold77 stop using my clanmates work without credit and permission

My files are here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/10347-mod031-skorki-historyczne-i-niehistoryczne-dazzle-camouflage-bandery-ii-rp-jpn/page__p__178084#entry178084

Download and comparison, you see the difference

I do not use anyone's work, I make everything myself.
Even we do not have the same models with Tanz :) only Balitmore, Pensacola, and Cleveland.

The comparison, for example Balimore:

Tanz vs pold77.jpg

All models come with wikipedia and historical sources, because at first glance look the same, the difference is quality.

Tanz vs pold77.jpg

Edited by pold77
  • Cool 2

Weekend Tester
1,270 posts
137 battles

dear aslain,

thx for your modpack, i love it. but i've a problem, i cannot see the chat anymore.

hvzhd35q.jpg

i tried various resulotions, but no differents. i'm playing atm with my 17" laptop-display only, because my big 24" additional monitor decided to cross the rainbowbridge into monitorwalhalla. so i dont know, may its different on bigger screens.

any ideas how to change it?

and an other question: is it possible, to add the "sea-sheperd-flag" for our ships as well?

220px-Sea_Shepherd_Logo.svg.png

you'll make some of us very happy with this.

greetings.

[SIEMA]
Alpha Tester
263 posts
8,385 battles

and an other question: is it possible, to add the "sea-sheperd-flag" for our ships as well?

220px-Sea_Shepherd_Logo.svg.png

you'll make some of us very happy with this.

greetings.

which country's flag you want to change?

I can do it for you, but I need the higher resolution file.

Here an example of my work:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/10347-mod031-skorki-historyczne-i-niehistoryczne-dazzle-camouflage-bandery-ii-rp-jpn/page__p__178084#entry178084

Edit: you need something like that? :)

seas.jpg

seas.jpg

Edited by pold77
  • Cool 1

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,401 posts
11,049 battles

I cant download aslain mod. Is link still right?

Link tested. Link confirmed 100% working. :honoring:

Beta Tester
2,007 posts
2,695 battles

Will get back to you guys once I finish with WoT 9.8 update, there is huge mess with crosshairs.

You only have two Hands. Its ok. :great:
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
742 posts
1,694 battles

how do you go about moding the nation flags? I've been wanting to change the IJN flags for the Republic of Emmeria flags from AC:6 since i started playing

brilliant work on the Mod management program by the way. makes the mod so easy to change,remove and replace

Edited by AegeanGhost

Players
5 posts

Aslain, don't you think that stealing of mods from RU server is bad idea. You didn't ask authors about mod using. You even don't specify authors for some mods (for example - my mod "minimap with ship names")

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

Aslain, don't you think that stealing of mods from RU server is bad idea. You didn't ask authors about mod using. You even don't specify authors for some mods (for example - my mod "minimap with ship names")

Herr Aslain, you have received the permission of the author a fashion on its publication? ("Minimap with ship names").

So far he has always and quickly accredited mods to people who where their legit developers, so no need to accuse him of stealing. Sometimes finding the proper origin of a mod is hard as other people also post things from random other people. So I would just contact him in pm, provide evidence that a mod is yours and I am quite certain it will get resolved.

Players
5 posts

So far he has always and quickly accredited mods to people who where their legit developers, so no need to accuse him of stealing. Sometimes finding the proper origin of a mod is hard as other people also post things from random other people. So I would just contact him in pm, provide evidence that a mod is yours and I am quite certain it will get resolved.

The problem there is that this mod was published only in restricted section of the RU forum. Any other place contain copy of this mod without author permission.

Since this mod don't have author information I think it was received from one of sites where mods leaks from Ru forum. Each mod have author - if place where you get mod doesn't specify author - it's a stolen mod. It's so simple.

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

The problem there is that this mod was published only in restricted section of the RU forum. Any other place contain copy of this mod without author permission.

Since this mod don't have author information I think it was received from one of sites where mods leaks from Ru forum. Each mod have author - if place where you get mod doesn't specify author - it's a stolen mod. It's so simple.

That is what I said as well, he probably got the mod from some place which didn't specify the origin, so if a legitimate owner contacts him he will address that issue promptly. But going into this thread with the accusation of stealing is bad form, he did not steal this mod he just got it from unconfirmed sources. And there are plenty of mods in the wild on sites which don't specify an owner/source, should he ignore all of them? I think what he is doing is the best for the community, he collects all the good mods in one place, and when an author contacts him with an issue about it he resolves it. 

Should he not touch any mod without a known author? That would mean he couldn't provide community with everything which is available.

As long as he gives credits when asked to do so, or takes a mod off when an owner personally objects to his mod being included, what is the problem with trying to give us 'all the good stuff'?

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts

That is what I said as well, he probably got the mod from some place which didn't specify the origin, so if a legitimate owner contacts him he will address that issue promptly. But going into this thread with the accusation of stealing is bad form, he did not steal this mod he just got it from unconfirmed sources. And there are plenty of mods in the wild on sites which don't specify an owner/source, should he ignore all of them? I think what he is doing is the best for the community, he collects all the good mods in one place, and when an author contacts him with an issue about it he resolves it. 

Should he not touch any mod without a known author? That would mean he couldn't provide community with everything which is available.

As long as he gives credits when asked to do so, or takes a mod off when an owner personally objects to his mod being included, what is the problem with trying to give us 'all the good stuff'?

By this logic - there is no problem in creating "software pack" with software from unconfirmed sources (for example - pirate bay).

Also I wanted to contact him directly, but I can't send private messages since I don't have 10 messages written.

And yes - in my opinion mods from "unconfirmed sources" shouldn't be included in mod-pack if author was not contacted by mod-pack creator. Author can be agains including his mod into any mod-packs.

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

Fair points, I hope you will be able to sort it out with him as I like your mod and would like for it to stay included in the modpack :great:

Beta Tester
542 posts
3,394 battles

i got v0.3.3 installer, does this work with the latest game patch?

Beta Tester
742 posts
1,694 battles

i got v0.3.3 installer, does this work with the latest game patch?

worked for me, Ive just had to re-install one of the rising sun flag mods after 3.3 removed it

Modder
3,635 posts

View PostMebius_LW, on 31 May 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Herr Aslain, you have received the permission of the author a fashion on its publication? ("Minimap with ship names").

It's too hard to find original authors for WoWs mods, especialy these from russia zone, but if someone can direct me to mod websites, I can add authors, currently is huge mess, and I don't speak russian to browse your forums. Besides do you think everybody is always asking mod authors for permission to include their mods on various websites that can be found on internet? I didnt think so, it will never happen man. Dream on. From what I see the mod gestapo has started to show up more and more frequently. But I tell you already, this will end up like in WoT, people will create mod websites, and don't ask anyone for anything, especialy russians are good with that - go fight with them. I know I am easy target here while they don't care even to reply, use to not have any contact email and so on and on, so please move along and leave me alone here. I really don't mind to credit mod authors, I always do if I can found the original mod maker, but asking everyone for permission while the rest don't care for it is a bit meh....don't you think. I will not discuss this anymore in the topic anyway, also please don't threat me with moderators, this is what mod gestapo does. I'm not doing this to earn money, but to help community, and what you do is against the community tbh.

So I have check the modpack with installing few random mods, and also tested mods that may affect the game (to not run properly) and I didn't find anything not working. Please report me mod names if you find them not working in current patch.

• Cool 3