Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vivi_Ornitier

Help with swapping commanders

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
138 posts
2,921 battles

Even after a few thousand battles I don't understand how the swapping between premiums and silver ships works. Let's say I have Montana and Georgia and I want to use the same captain in both. Is there are way to freely swap between them without having retraining penalties? 

In world of tanks you put crew in a prem to move them in all the nation/type vehicles, so I guess it works similarly here? 

Thanks in advance and sorry if my question is a bit confusing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
824 posts

Train the captain for Montana, you can swap him on Georgia for free and the captain will still be trained for Montana so you can swap him back and forth between these two for free

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,434 battles

The easiest way to think about it is that only regular (non-premium) ships requires their captain to be trained for them specifically. So the captain can be used on the ship he's trained for as well as every premium ship of his nation.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,100 posts
19,516 battles

You train captains for silver ships, and you can use these captains on ANY premium ship of the same nation. So in order to fully use a captain on a silver ship it needs to be trained for that ship. You can use that silver trained captain without penalty on any premium of the same nation though.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
138 posts
2,921 battles
9 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

The easiest way to think about it is that only regular (non-premium) ships requires their captain to be trained for them specifically. So the captain can be used on the ship he's trained for as well as every premium ship of his nation.

Every premium? Ok so basically I click John Doe>Assign to>Montana and then I can use him in my future georgia and other  premium American bbs I eventually get? That's better than I thought, thanks a lot to you and @Asakka :)

Edit : can't assign him to Montana so I guess he already is? Don't recall doing so but my memory isn't great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,100 posts
19,516 battles
2 minutes ago, roco4 said:

Every premium? Ok so basically I click John Doe>Assign to>Montana and then I can use him in my future georgia and other  premium American bbs I eventually get? That's better than I thought, thanks a lot to you and @Asakka :)

Edit : can't assign him to Montana so I guess he already is? Don't recall doing so but my memory isn't great. 

You can see the capt trained ship in the pop up of the cpt. IF it is not there it means the capt is trained for the ship you are looking at.

shot-19_12.07_12_09.38-0530.thumb.jpg.0f3dcc5e5022600d0af8c6fd54ad1db7.jpg

shot-19_12.07_12_11.37-0705.thumb.jpg.475f383128472d0e8c3fb9f047780633.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
138 posts
2,921 battles
5 minutes ago, Europizza said:

You can see the capt trained ship in the pop up of the cpt. IF it is not there it means the capt is trained for the ship you are looking at.

shot-19_12.07_12_09.38-0530.thumb.jpg.0f3dcc5e5022600d0af8c6fd54ad1db7.jpg

shot-19_12.07_12_11.37-0705.thumb.jpg.475f383128472d0e8c3fb9f047780633.jpg

Ok I think I understand it now, thanks! Montana isn't in the john doe pop out so he is specialized for it. Looking forward to try him in my future georgia give me that 30000 coal now :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×