You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Clef_Ender

Imbalanced Ranked Radar

28 comments in this topic

[SPRKS]
Players
1 post
9,277 battles

I've noticed that MM has been throwing out some ridiculously imbalanced matches this season of Tier X battles, particularly radar. Often one team will have three while the other has only one or none at all. While non-radar cruisers have other strengths, in ranked battles, this much of a radar advantage with so few ships essentially puts one team's destroyers completely out of play, and it's not really much of a match anymore. It's incredibly frustrating to go into a match to try and gain ranks, only to look at the lineup and know that your chances of winning are next to none.

Thoughts?

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
215 posts
4,451 battles

that is one of the reasons why i stopped playing my most beloved Minotaur in ranked and only take Worcester (with Surveillance Radar Mod. 1). almost every time we had no radar compared to 3-4 radars on the enemy team. hard to play against that. so now we (my team) have at least one radar, my Worcester..

Players
476 posts
4,606 battles

As I never ever had a ship with radar in this game (though some of them had radar in reality) - is it true that the radar consumable is miraculously able to penetrate several hundred meters of solid rock and makes hiding behind cover impossible?

[BOATY]
Players
215 posts
4,451 battles
17 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

...is it true that the radar consumable is miraculously able to penetrate several hundred meters of solid rock and makes hiding behind cover impossible?

yup, you have 100% vision inside the radar range, islands don't matter..

[QARTV]
Players
430 posts
7,594 battles

MM has been idiotic, absurd joke in this game forever, but when it is 8v8 it is ever so obvious. Had 3 games on shima in row where there was not a single BB, all reds had in those teams was smolensks, DM, Moskva, Stalingrad, Z 52, Youjang or whatever that radar DD is called and some klebers and darings and 1 shima. 

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.....

P.s. It was obligatory for 1 dd on my team in each of those games to die in first minute.

GAME IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
476 posts
4,606 battles
Vor 21 Stunden, iTchyfoot sagte:

yup, you have 100% vision inside the radar range, islands don't matter..

That explains the lack of crew on the ships - they were killed by that radar which puts the death star superlaser to shame.

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
7,260 posts
7,926 battles
On 12/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, iTchyfoot said:

that is one of the reasons why i stopped playing my most beloved Minotaur in ranked and only take Worcester (with Surveillance Radar Mod. 1). almost every time we had no radar compared to 3-4 radars on the enemy team. hard to play against that. so now we (my team) have at least one radar, my Worcester..

Radar mino? :cap_yes:

22 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

As I never ever had a ship with radar in this game (though some of them had radar in reality) - is it true that the radar consumable is miraculously able to penetrate several hundred meters of solid rock and makes hiding behind cover impossible?

While true, radar doesnt phisically hurt you. If you are behind an island, getting shot at is quite unlikely if you know how to position yourself.

Players
476 posts
4,606 battles
Vor 1 Minute, DFens_666 sagte:

While true, radar doesnt phisically hurt you. If you are behind an island, getting shot at is quite unlikely if you know how to position yourself.

The problem is that a radar should not detect me behind cover in the first place, so I won't get shelled by a bunch of the other enemies from every direction possible.

[JRM]
Players
3,690 posts
19,793 battles
1 minute ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

The problem is that a radar should not detect me behind cover in the first place, so I won't get shelled by a bunch of the other enemies from every direction possible.

Yes that is not logical for anyone that knows how radar acctually works but then again this beeing a game and average player beeing what they are, well...

[_I_]
Players
81 posts
15,376 battles
22 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

See my signature. I consider it an insult to players but....

Edited by Nibenay78
cant type

[NWP]
Players
7,260 posts
7,926 battles
9 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

The other alternative is, you are sitting behind an island, and you dont know you are radared. You leave cover, suddenly you are radared (since you left cover) and are much more vulnerable then before. And most likely "every direction possible" is not really possible, because each team has their own spawn side :Smile-_tongue:

WG tested radar not going through islands and they didnt like it. So it wont change, better adapt to it.

Players
476 posts
4,606 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, DFens_666 sagte:

The other alternative is, you are sitting behind an island, and you dont know you are radared. You leave cover, suddenly you are radared (since you left cover) and are much more vulnerable then before. And most likely "every direction possible" is not really possible, because each team has their own spawn side :Smile-_tongue:

WG tested radar not going through islands and they didnt like it. So it wont change, better adapt to it.

And of course you can be surrounded if you are in a DD in a cap and your team sits back and dwiddles thumbs, so incoming fire from all around you regardless of spawn sites is a very real possibility.

Players
8 posts
8 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

And remove CVs

Plus phone rang so i forgot to put this in :Smile_trollface:

There's hardly cv's around , there is no point playing them anyways in the higher bracket considering the latest xp nerf and the fact there is hardly any dd's around so your early match influence is a lot less than previous seasons and there is no more thing such as guaranteed star save in this meta. (DM will farm faster than cv)

Players
2,357 posts
14,135 battles
4 minutes ago, xMarlieSx said:

There's hardly cv's around , there is no point playing them anyways in the higher bracket considering the latest xp nerf and the fact there is hardly any dd's around so your early match influence is a lot less than previous seasons and there is no more thing such as guaranteed star save in this meta. (DM will farm faster than cv)

There's plenty of CVs, but getting on top is almost impossible thanks to xp nerfs.

DDs really really need an XP boost.

Still havnt foundt anything that farms better than smolensk.

Players
8 posts
1 minute ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

There's plenty of CVs, but getting on top is almost impossible thanks to xp nerfs.

DDs really really need an XP boost.

Still havnt foundt anything that farms better than smolensk.

There both ok but smolensk damage is in a lot of cases less relevant than desmo, most of these people just farm the wrong target + for myself I find dm the best counter to smolensk and you got the hard quick punch against any cruiser ;)

Players
2,357 posts
14,135 battles
13 minutes ago, xMarlieSx said:

There both ok but smolensk damage is in a lot of cases less relevant than desmo, most of these people just farm the wrong target + for myself I find dm the best counter to smolensk and you got the hard quick punch against any cruiser ;)

Maybe will give it a try. Tried Stalingrad and that thing is just clumsy and spotted from the moon.

A part of me really wish they'd remove DM and other island farm ships right along with smoke HE CLs (smolensk, flint, Belfast, Kutuzov).

Much more mobile gameplay results when Haku shits all over those farmers

Players
8 posts
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Maybe will give it a try. Tried Stalingrad and that thing is just clumsy and spotted from the moon.

A part of me really wish they'd remove DM and other island farm ships right along with smoke HE CLs (smolensk, flint, Belfast, Kutuzov).

Much more mobile gameplay results when Haku shits all over those farmers

95 percent of the games i play open water legendary dm , even in ranked

I play Haku to much myself , i ain't bording an island lul. If I see one in my team doing it i always go ...  :cap_horn:

• Cool 1

Players
2,677 posts
12,657 battles
On 12/7/2019 at 3:04 AM, Clef_Ender said:

this much of a radar advantage with so few ships essentially puts one team's destroyers completely out of play, and it's not really much of a match anymore. 

No, what gets destroyers killed is when they sit 7km in front of a Salem, smoke up and sit still in it for me to half HP. Only for the other DD to utterly ignore that, come also into radar range, a measly 8.5km on Salem btw to also then panic smoke, take damage and let a hydro Mino blast what’s left of him out of the water. They then clearly advertised their position allowing me to reverse (I mean look at the map and cheat) and avoid 32 torps.

Its not Radar. It’s idiots in DD’s.

Players
2,357 posts
14,135 battles
2 hours ago, xMarlieSx said:

95 percent of the games i play open water legendary dm , even in ranked

I play Haku to much myself , i ain't bording an island lul. If I see one in my team doing it i always go ...  :cap_horn:

That sounds..dangerous....DM with range mod and LM?

Players
1,579 posts
10,717 battles
18 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Learn the ships that carry radar, learn their range and play accordingly...

If you're in a position to be hit behind an island, if an enemy fires up radar, then you have placed yourself at a disadvantage and cannot blame anyone else.