Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fonfalks

Worst phenomenon in wow

21 comments in this topic

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles

I have played this game since open alpha, but in short there has never been anything as bad as weekend (starting Friday evening) ranked. 

It is the most worst thing i have ever witnessed player quality wise ever. I recommend anyone who wants to remain sane never to attempt ranked. It is horror inducing and will make you despise humanity itself. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,793 posts
14,064 battles
44 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

It is horror inducing and will make you despise humanity itself. 

You are suggesting that this wasn't WG's original intention with this mode?

Presumably, whoever designed the mode had recently had an unhappy love affair, and didn't see why anyone else should have any fun either...?

(I'm a little less tense than sometimes, having - finally - made it to R10 earlier, when I got lucky with three or four teams in a row; I now don't have to play any more!)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,604 battles

Well, the level of play is really bad.

Last night I played the Alaska but had a veeeery bad game! :Smile_facepalm:

Only did something like 9k damage! In a tier 9 supercruiser! :Smile_hiding:

But...we still managed to win (I did scrape some nice potential damage and resets etc) and despite my deplorable 9k damage, there were 3 (yes THREE) teammembers below me in score. In the winning team! :Smile_smile:

Note to self, playing Alaska and having a JB on the opposite side, I need to gtfo asap :cap_win::Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,026 battles
11 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

weekend

lol...This is 24/7 thing for over a year now, where weekends have nothing to do with playerbase degradation over time in general.

• Cool 1

[CHAR]
Players
129 posts
2,217 battles
12 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

I have played this game since open alpha, but in short there has never been anything as bad as weekend (starting Friday evening) ranked. 

It is the most worst thing i have ever witnessed player quality wise ever. I recommend anyone who wants to remain sane never to attempt ranked. It is horror inducing and will make you despise humanity itself. 

Well, that's actually the perfect time if you just wanna get your rank up. 8 idiots on the enemy team, 7 on yours (assuming you're not an idiot) - easy wins.

• Funny 3

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles
13 minutes ago, Phayk said:

Well, that's actually the perfect time if you just wanna get your rank up. 8 idiots on the enemy team, 7 on yours (assuming you're not an idiot) - easy wins.

Only somebody who is utterly clueless can think this way. Reasonable player does what must be done and is expected from him - if, say for example, DD you push caps, spot, cap, try to torp. What happens with weekend warriors? Well same thing that happens often but on exaggerated level. Just now i say our CV attacking LITERALLY  EMPTY WATER, NOT EVEN SMOKE WAS THERE AND NO ENEMY SHIP WAS THERE. Why? Why am i sitting in cap and capping but all my support is far, far away and 3 ships have not even started engine while i am sitting in cap already???? 

In a way playing weekend ranked is a sort of spiritual exercise - can you play this game at THIS level of stupidity and insanity and still not kill yourself?

• Cool 1

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles
20 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Only somebody who is utterly clueless can think this way. Reasonable player does what must be done and is expected from him - if, say for example, DD you push caps, spot, cap, try to torp. What happens with weekend warriors? Well same thing that happens often but on exaggerated level. Just now i say our CV attacking LITERALLY  EMPTY WATER, NOT EVEN SMOKE WAS THERE AND NO ENEMY SHIP WAS THERE. Why? Why am i sitting in cap and capping but all my support is far, far away and 3 ships have not even started engine while i am sitting in cap already???? 

In a way playing weekend ranked is a sort of spiritual exercise - can you play this game at THIS level of stupidity and insanity and still not kill yourself?

CV was probably shortening his squad, which is viable CV play.

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles
1 minute ago, LordTareq said:

CV was probably shortening his squad, which is viable CV play.

Yes and then he died because pressing W was too hard for him while it was obvious that reds were closing in on his position, which is also i guess viable CV play for weekend zombies. 

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles

I am still playing ranked out of sheer spite and it is now almost hilarious (even tho i am losing rank basically every game) - i saw FFFFFFFF KREMLIN hiding behind island WITH CV IN CORNER OF THE MAP .....AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[CHAR]
Players
129 posts
2,217 battles
54 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Are you okay? First of all, if you have 7 idiots on your team and the enemy has 8 idiots on their team, your chance of winning is higher just by the nature of probability.

Second, idk much about CVs aside from the fact that they should not be in the game, but a viable strategy as CV is to drop one attack into the water right after launching the planes to reduce the amount of planes in your squad by basically recalling some of them instantly.

Also, why be bothered by what everyone else does? Especially in ranked you have a pretty big influence on the game.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,018 battles
36 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Yes and then he died because pressing W was too hard for him while it was obvious that reds were closing in on his position, which is also i guess viable CV play for weekend zombies. 

CVs no longer have manual hull control while aircraft are in the air. "Pressing W" is in fact impossible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 1

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

CVs no longer have manual hull control while aircraft are in the air. "Pressing W" is in fact impossible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have no doubt that pressing W is impossible as is looking on map, as is thinking and as is anything else. Its all viable game play for weekend CVs. 

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles

From about 20+ games yesterday evening and today only in about 3 in my team at least 1 player has not died in first 2 minutes. IT IS AMAZING. 

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles

Game after game after game complete and utter INSANITY. 

Humanity is doomed i know this for a fact now. 

Players
889 posts
3,425 battles
14 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

worse than playing tier 3 vs. 3 CV ?

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles

MM gave me 3 games in a row on shima with no BBs and full set of gunboats on enemy team... 3 games in row no BBs... i mean....

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,229 battles

Haha and i got disconnected :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

THis game is a joke.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
17,527 battles

I haven't played ranked since season 11 and I sleep very good at night thank you very much.:cap_old:

[TTT]
1,608 posts
14,834 battles

This thread is not at all constructive so I am locking it.

I understand the urge to have a whinge about other players but it genuinely doesn't help anyone.

• Cool 1