Sign in to follow this  
Sparky___07

Scharnhorst Yeah!!!

10 comments in this topic

Players
79 posts
13,789 battles

So I was lucky enough to win a Scharnhorst B in a crate. Wow! Straight into my top 5 favourite ships, I wasn't expecting that! 

Just great fun, and so far the reds always underestimate it, regardless of MM tiering.

Anyone else love it?

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,303 posts
16,277 battles

Yep, Scharn is a good ship for sure. 

I also love it, but I haven't played it in a while. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,267 posts
6,690 battles

The most forgiving high tier premium in the game if you ask me.

[ROUGH]
Players
537 posts
20,425 battles

Yeah, Scharnie is a cute mid-tier premium. And you will love her even more when the German BB gun accuracy buff goes live next week with the 0.8.11 update ;)

[_ZEZ_]
Players
203 posts
16,397 battles

Ge bbs get gun buff?? Omg cant wait to test it on my Gneisenau. Guns being the only drawback with the buff she will be very hard to stop...

Players
8,474 posts
9,402 battles
17 hours ago, CPL_Sivi said:

Ge bbs get gun buff?? Omg cant wait to test it on my Gneisenau. Guns being the only drawback with the buff she will be very hard to stop...

Scharnhorst's major issue wasn't accuracy (2.0 sigma), but penetration and overmatch (or rather lack thereof). Not much changing there.

[_ZEZ_]
Players
203 posts
16,397 battles
On 12/7/2019 at 3:20 PM, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Scharnhorst's major issue wasn't accuracy (2.0 sigma), but penetration and overmatch (or rather lack thereof). Not much changing there.

Poor Scharnie. Thats a caliber issue combined with shell velocity. If no changes are made there nothing will change for Gneise sister. Being a prem boat thats kinda unfair. Silver sibling gets buffed and goldie gets power crept.

But gneise never had pen or overmatch issues. Hitting what u aim at was a problem. Or those freaky close quarters shots where u shoot at bow target at 5 km and ur shells fall behind ur stern.

Just had a few games but i started getting multiple cit hits per game. Too early to say but i guess the buff works. Need to test it in the long run, 50 games atleast to be sure. I just hope ppl wont go sniping mode with ge bbs because of this.

Players
58 posts
7,558 battles

I possibly wouldn't get too excited about the German BB gun buff.

Unless I've missed something I believe they're merely getting the American/British horizontal dispersion which is a slight improvement over the existing one.

(You can see the chart and (old) values https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_and_Aiming#Shell_dispersion)

It's an improvement but ShinyHorse will still be vastly more accurate than Gneisenau

[RUFL]
Players
291 posts
5,100 battles
7 hours ago, SoothingWhaleSong said:

I possibly wouldn't get too excited about the German BB gun buff.

Unless I've missed something I believe they're merely getting the American/British horizontal dispersion which is a slight improvement over the existing one.

(You can see the chart and (old) values https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_and_Aiming#Shell_dispersion)

It's an improvement but ShinyHorse will still be vastly more accurate than Gneisenau

They also got the US vertical dispersion, which is not shown ingame or on the wiki. There were some more in depth posts on this when the changes were first announced. It is a bit of a shame though: this would have made a perfect opportunity to really get an estimate on the differences in vertical dispersion. One could have made a dispersion map in the way Little White Mouse did for several premium ships, once before once after the dispersion changes. Unfortunately this seems to be a bit time-consuming.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this