You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

Supercontainers

51 comments in this topic

Players
890 posts
3,425 battles

I'm looking for information on them...

If I try the lucky container, what is the drop rate of supercontainers?

I already had a couple of supercontainers, but they dropped only credits, free XP and camo or resources.

what's the chance of getting something that's actually interesting, such as premium ships?

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
13 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

If I try the lucky container, what is the drop rate of supercontainers?

No one really knows. Wargaming will not tell us, so there are some numbers floating around that are guesswork by players.

Those numbers range between 1 and 2 % chance for a supercontainer. Try your luck rolls for that chance twice.

13 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

what's the chance of getting something that's actually interesting, such as premium ships?

Again: Nobody except Wargaming knows and they will not tell us.

Some, like me, are lucky and have recieved multiple premium ships over the years. Others have never recieved a ship, even if they had more super containers in total.

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,294 battles

The chance of getting a super container is low anyway. Chances of getting one is roughly double if you choose "try your luck", but the chances of that are still very slim.

I don't think there has ever been an official published %. There has been some anecdotal stuff (e.g. opened 100 containers, got 1 super) that puts the chance somewhere around 1%

The chances of getting a ship from one are therefore even lower - while I've had a reasonable number of SC, Ive never had a ship from one.

Friend has had 2 ships (Alabama, and Krispy kreme).

Generally the consensus is that the more resources container is the best choice as it guarantees coal. If for whatever reason you don't want coal, the the TYL is ok. I wouldn't plan around getting SC though, and I certainly wouldn't plan around actually getting a ship from one.

• Cool 3

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Xevious_Red sagte:

Generally the consensus is that the more resources container is the best choice as it guarantees coal.

This.

I never got a ship out of a SC and the last SC i got after choosing more then 250 ressource containers. But the amount of coal and free xp i collected is nice.

The content of the containers is nothing to write home about anyway.

Did anyone see someone getting a module or a ship out of this lately?

[CATS]
Players
27,376 posts
14,548 battles

Chance for supercontainer: 2 to 2.5%

Double for "Try your luck".

Chance for ship in supercontainer: 1 to 3%

At best, you get a ship every 666th Try your luck container, at worst you get a ship every 5000th regular container.

Reality is somwhere in between.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,492 posts
15,960 battles

Hi all,

9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

At best, you get a ship every 666th Try your luck container, at worst you get a ship every 5000th regular container.

This spring  I made 1 year worth of playing statistics regarding Containers and SuperContainers for me and @Klopirat added his data as well:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Players
1,915 posts
3,770 battles

I'm not convinced that what a Super Container drops is entirely random.

I usually go for Try your Luck Containers, and whenever I get an SC it's usually something I need. I'm a casual player so I never have masses of flags or camos. However if I start to run short, my next SC always gives me what I'm short of i.e. 50 camos or 100 standard flags. I'm one of those players who has never won a ship in a premium container or Santa crate. In fact the only ship I've ever won from a container was the Hill in a Twitch Epic Drop, right after WG switched out the ship I really wanted Admiral Mak.

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,136 battles

I'm just collecting the coal from resources containers, not bothering with TYL ones. The stuff from SC isn't something omg (until you get 15k coal or 1.5k steel. Steel only once, coal few times) most of the time you get these 100 flags, well Victor Lima are good ones (in armoury their cost is horrendous) bit the rest? Meh. 

• Cool 2

[AMAT]
Beta Tester
179 posts
8,170 battles

This week i had 2 sc . one give me t-61(my first sc pre ship ) other one 100 camo . after 3 mounts from my lat sc . not bad . i think luck numbers change every time you get a sc . No too worry they are free anyway .

Players
5,979 posts
11,640 battles
1 hour ago, Redfoxrommy said:

This week i had 2 sc . one give me t-61(my first sc pre ship ) other one 100 camo . after 3 mounts from my lat sc . not bad . i think luck numbers change every time you get a sc . No too worry they are free anyway .

You mean either 100 signals or 50 camos? Supercrates don't give 100 camos or at least shouldn't.

Grats on your T-61 btw :Smile_honoring:

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
3 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I'm a casual player so I never have masses of flags or camos.

I'm absolutely drowning in those, and my SC's for 75% of the time drop more signals or camo's. Coal happened every once in a while in 2018.

Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

IF this is true than I must be extremely lucky,  I have gotten 2 premium ships - Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya and Warspite  from a total of 5 opened Supercontainers. 

[CATS]
Players
27,376 posts
14,548 battles
1 minute ago, rilship said:

IF this is true than I must be extremely lucky,  I have gotten 2 premium ships - Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya and Warspite  from a total of 5 opened Supercontainers. 

That you are.

Since the introduction of the container system I got over a hundred supercontainers from daily crates and did NOT get ANY ship from them.

But I did get one ship from bonus supercontainers from events.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,835 posts
14,080 battles

My approach, like many others, is to always go for more resources containers; besides the coal ships, the 'magic' coal upgrades can be very helpful.

I normally groan when I get a supercontainer; they most often contain cammo/signals, and I'd rather have the coal. That said, I did get Kami in a supercontainer a year or so ago, and that probably used up all my luck (until I got Alaska B in my 250 doubloons BF container!)...

[XFS]
Players
206 posts
17,306 battles

Not had very many at all only 4 or 5 sine playing but the ones I had have been good so not complaining :Smile_great:

Arizona ship   

Doubloons

Premium time 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,165 battles

I must have opened over 100 (maybe 200 with all the events combined) supercontainers, like @ColonelPete, 2 ships, krasny krim, duca daosta

Players
77 posts
612 battles

You guys should play a lottery once in a while.

I generally wouldn't even know I've opened a SC were it not for their size. What falls out from them is pretty much straight and level... a bit above the bilge level, to be precise.

I usually go for Resource Containers, they simply provide the most solid return.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,020 posts
16,590 battles
8 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I usually go for Try your Luck Containers, and whenever I get an SC it's usually something I need.

Probably just attribution bias but I know what you mean. Last SC I got was 30,000 Free XP. Coincidently, that's just what I needed to unlock Zara. Handy, though. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,149 posts
3,075 battles

For one event, they gave away a load of them. I collected data on 1,200 containers, and iirc it was 15% for a ship and 10% for coal.  I need to dig out my spreadsheet from somewhere, but I'm on my iPhone atm 

edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18WtWfK3o9p1nBbrw_GIB8yoQBk21uNfXUYIaSxgpqqs/edit?usp=sharing

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,289 posts
24,418 battles

In 20 k battles I have got only 1 ship from SC, but it also depends a lot on your luck. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,136 battles
7 minutes ago, 22cm said:

In 20 k battles I have got only 1 ship from SC, but it also depends a lot on your luck. 

Was from daily ones? From the daily ones I got only Indianapolis... :cap_old:

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,289 posts
24,418 battles
6 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Was from daily ones? From the daily ones I got only Indianapolis... :cap_old:

All SCs, including daily ones, SCs from tier 10s events, etc..

I ve got ships from Christmas containers, but those are not SCs. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,136 battles
3 minutes ago, 22cm said:

All SCs, including daily ones, SCs from tier 10s events, etc..

I ve got ships from Christmas containers, but those are not SCs. 

Anniversary SCs mostly won't give you a ship. Mostly they give you flags, camo and resources. 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,289 posts
24,418 battles
46 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Anniversary SCs mostly won't give you a ship. Mostly they give you flags, camo and resources. 

It was a daily one. I got Graf Zepelin, and I don t play CVs... :Smile_facepalm:

From Christmas containers and this SC, now I have all 4 premium CVs... Which I don t play... :Smile_facepalm:

Players
271 posts
16,791 battles

From my observations during the last 12 months (Dec 2018 to Nov 2019) the supercontainer drop rate from the non-TYL daily container options is between 1.45% and 1.56% with 95% confidence.

• Cool 1