Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Change how AA Sector Reinforcement and Manual AA works.

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,376 posts
8,212 battles

Simple Suggestion to Fix the currently Broken and useless AA and Sector Reinforcement.

 

1.

Sector Reinforcement instead of Dealing a Direct Unevadable Damage Burst (Which is so weak currently that you cant even Notice it unless you got 12 Aircraft in the Squadron because only then its barely enough to Turn a Single Aircraft Yellow.....) and then Buffing the DPS Value for the AA Aura.

The Sector Reinforcement should instead Buff the Spawning Speed and Spawning Pattern of Heavy AA.

 

1.1

The Ship should be Seperated into 4 rather than 2 Sectors. With the Buff giving a Sector Reinforcement not from the Opposite Sectors but instead of the Two Neighboring ones.

Meaning that if for example you Reinforce the Right Sector. The AA from Forward and Rear Sector would Focus on the Right. But the Left Sector would be Untouched.

 

696468037_StatPadding.thumb.jpg.d06d927a6c4541ba2cbe5791592d1222.jpg

 

This Serves 3 Purposes.

A.

It makes the Area of Focus Smaller. Allowing a bit more Skill Interaction between CV and Surface Ship.

It also allows the CV to Maneuver in order to Avoid Flying into the Normal Sector and instead try to Leave Enemy AA through a Weakened Sector.

B.

It doesnt Punish Ships which have less AA Range.

(Currently Ships which have less than 5km Range on their AA. Actually do LESS Damage to Aircraft by using Sector Reinforcement. Because if they Press the Reinforcement Button upon the Aircraft Entering their Range. The Aircraft will often have Passed them before the Reinforcement is even Complete and the other Side will do less Damage to the Enemy Aircraft after they have Passed you)

C.

It is actually much more Realistic this Way. Because Reinforcing an Sector for AA is actually fine. As Ships have Guns in all Directions. And not every Gun has its own Fire Control. Focusing all Fire Control of Guns that can actually turn in that Direction. Will Improve Accuracy in that Sector. However. In Reality. A Battleship cant really Focus its Starboard Side Fire Director towards to the Port side. The Forward AA Guns would thus either Focus Left or Right. But never to the Rear. And likewise the Left Guns could Help to the Front or Rear but not really to the Right side.

 

1.2

Buffing the Heavy AA instead of the Aura. Should Serve to actually provide a Skill Challenge.

The Aura DPS is Ultimately too weak to really bother anyone. It cant Protect a Ship. Even if your in a Massive Blob of Ships.

Its more of an Prevention for Aircraft to just Stay above the Ship forever.

However. Currently Heavy AA can be pretty much Evaded without any real Effort.

 

Thats why the Sector Reinforcement should Buff the Speed of Heavy AA Spawning. (Which will thanks to the Sector Reinforcement Slowly Building up. Make AA Spawn at an irregular Speed. Making it far harder to Predict and Avoid)

And will also give more AA Clouds to Avoid in the First Place. Thus while not Preventing a Drop. At least make it Harder for the CV to Drop without being Hit by AA.

Thus allowing for some Counterplay as you can Force the CV to Maneuver and thus maybe give your own Maneuvers more of a Chance to actually Evade a Hit by Disturbing the CVs Flight Path.

Unless he wants to Sacrifice Aircraft and just Push through of course.

 

1.3

The above is also why the Sector Reinforcement. Should Buff the Spawning Pattern if Heavy AA.

Currently most Ships AA Spawning Pattern are actually leaving Wide Holes for the Aircraft to literally just Fly Straight through it and Bomb the Ship.

Instead upon Reinforcing the Sector. Heavy AA Should Spawn straight ahead of the Enemy Aircraft. So that the Squadron actually has to Turn to Evade it. And cant just Ignore it.

 

Thus causing the Reinforced Sector to at least Delay the Bomb Strike by 1 or 2 seconds giving additional Time for Evasive Maneuvers.

 

 

2.

The Manual AA Burst Skill should be Changed.

Remove the Buffing of the Damage Burst to a Level which in all Honestly can still be Completely Ignored and really wont help anyone at all.

Because lets face it. That Claim that a Fubuki could Defend itself against Aircraft using that Damage Burst is Complete Horse**** because if you do 7% Damage every 20 or so Seconds. Even against a 12 Aircraft Squadron where the Skill the most Effective. You would need 2 Bursts to Kill 1 Aircraft. And that would actually come up needing more Bursts the less Aircraft the Enemy has remaining cause the Damage is calculated on Current HP of the Squadron not an Max HP.

Meaning that if your lucky. You will kill maybe 2 Aircraft before the Enemy has Unloaded his Entire Squadron at you..... And thats a Big Maybe. Because if its a Kaga for example and thus Drops 3 Times. He will just Drop 2 Times and Press F. Leaving you with 1 Aircraft Killed. Which means to a Kaga your about as Dangerous as a T1 Cruiser is to Yamato....

 

Instead. Manual AA Should again become Manual AA. Rather than having a Slow Reinforcement of the Sector upon Pressing the AA Button.

Pressing Sector Reinforcement Button with Manual AA Skill Active. Should Result in One More Accurate Heavy AA Salvo being Spawned.

The Salvo should have 100% More Heavy AA Clouds than your Ship usually Spawns. And would be Spawned with 50% of the Reaction Time of the CV Player at a Timing that you Decide.

This way it would be rather Hard to Evade. Meaning that having Manual AA Skill you can effective Spawn one Additional Heavy AA Salvo every 20 Seconds which is much much Harder to Predict and Evade for the Enemy CV.

In Exchange of course. While you might more often hit the Enemy with this one Heavy Salvo. You get a 50% Debuff on the Spawning Speed of your Standard Salvos. Meaning that your Automatic Heavy AA will Work far less Efficient and be much easier to Evade.

 

 

 

 

This System would be much more Realistic.

It would be much more Interactive.

And it would also very likely. Be far more Balanced than the currently castrated Joke we call AA and which CVs in General can just Ignore 90% of the Time. 

 

 

Greetz Sun.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
725 posts
12,405 battles
13 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

This System would be much more Realistic.

That is actually not an argument as it is a game.

 

I am in favor of 4 sectors instead of 2 sectors. It could add some skill if it would allow to reinforce "left" after reinforced "right" as your AA crew on left side would "expect" planes to go over them.

 

Changes are needed for sure, but there is probably no easy fix even if you call it that. But thumbs up for trying.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,376 posts
8,212 battles
47 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

That is actually not an argument as it is a game.

 

I am in favor of 4 sectors instead of 2 sectors. It could add some skill if it would allow to reinforce "left" after reinforced "right" as your AA crew on left side would "expect" planes to go over them.

 

Changes are needed for sure, but there is probably no easy fix even if you call it that. But thumbs up for trying.

 

1.

Realism and Historic Accuracy are not a Must Do for this Game. On that I agree. I would not want this Game to be Realistic either. Because that would Require an entirely new System in itself.

But a certain Level of Realism is always Positive.

For example. Our Gun Turrets on Battleships cant just Turn into our Superstructure and just Fire through it. And thats good. Because otherwise it would give you this "that doesnt make any sense" feeling which kills Immersion.

Secondaries are no Exception. They as well only work within their Respective Arcs :)

And lets be Honest. If suddenly your Secondary Guns from the Port Side of the Ship. Would just Fire right through your Ship at Enemies that are on your Starboard side.

Would that not feel strange to you ? :)

 

This Game doesnt need a Simulation Level of Realism. And if there is a Gameplay Reason to use a less Realistic System. Then I would usually give the Gameplay Fun Priority.

But. If something Improves Realism and works Equally or Better in Gameplay Terms. Then I do think Realism is an Argument to be Considered :)

 

2.

Maybe it isnt. Maybe Fixing it at all is Impossible. As CVs will likely always be a Class that wont fit into the Game Mechanics of World of Warships.

But while Fixing it might not be Possible. I am Confident that my Suggestion would Improve the current Situation Significantly. :)

 

3.

The Bigger Problem is of course that Wargaming currently WANTS CVs to be Ridiculously Overpowered. Because they Hope that this way they can Increase CV Population.

And as it will take Months before People which are Unhappy with it actually start Leaving the Game over it. There is also little option of Convincing our Spreadsheet Addicts that this is a Crabby Idea.

But its also not exactly reasonable to just sit here and Complain about WG without Providing them with Suggestions on how to do it better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,610 posts
6,390 battles

maybe more smaller but much strong zones would make sense.

 

Basically the end goal should be, that it should be difficult to get the sector right, and the cv can duke you, but if you do get the sector right, it should absolutely shred the planes. Picture that video of baby chickens being turned into nuggets in a meatgrinder, thats how shredded they should get if you get the sector right.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,628 posts
10,873 battles

@Sunleader Respect for putting that much thought into your idea. Regardless of what I personally think about AA & your suggestion, here is why the current AA works the way it does, why captain skills are rather useless and why this will not change: CV+AA ship divisions. Im very very very sure, that WG saw full-AA-build ships divisioned with a CV as broken. Atlantas+Saipan, Minos+Midways, all that kinda stuff. Those divisions had up to 96% WR if played by the right group of players. So because it could be easily abused and was so strong, WG nerfed the AA-builds/skills to what we have left now. And they wont make the same mistake again. Eventhough the current situation is ridiculous.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
482 posts
12,819 battles

so, change is that you need to be aprox. 90 degree to incoming planes, you press the button and planes melt. And that with 15s cooldown. That sounds very balanced and historical.

Just like Kitakaze sinking Yamato with 100mm guns in 3 minutes is historical.

Or planes being able to spot enemy cruisers only when in AA range (~6km) or have hangar of hundred planes but able to launch just 12 is also historical

Or Montana hitting shima with 12x 406mm AP shells but not sinking it cuz overpens is also realistic

Sonars or radars being active just for few seconds and penetrating mountains is also historical

DDs carrying dozens of torps on board and not having citadels is also historical etc etc

 

"Historical and realistic" would make this game very frustrating experience

 

 

only problem of AA power is at low tiers, but CVs do not really are any record killing machines in T6/T4 (except the ridiculous Hosho)

on T8-T10, most ships have AA strong enough to only allow 1-2 drops from CV that equals to 10-15k dmg if RNG wont screw you, rest of the planes die.

 

we are 1 year into CV rework, and CVs dropped in average dmg below pretty much every BB in T10, so why exactly would you want to lower their dmg output even more?

CVs are the only class where if you make critical mistake (broadside in CA/CL , 15 torps torps incomming with you stationary/reversing in BB etc) you will not die instantly. You will have plenty of time to re-think your strategy and position and adjust.

But people will rather go lone yolo rushes in DDs or BBs (they call it madskills flanking - thats also realistic and historical to send 11 ships to one side and 1 to another to "surprise the enemy") and ask for AA buffs that would protect their dumb decisions instead of playing smart.

Just look at all those "shima mains" running with 20km torps, sitting at 18km from enemy ships, why would i want such player to be invincible? I love CVs just for this, because it punishes this kind of stupidity

image.thumb.png.3aa07df888f3c825af44d7ec0ecd9171.png

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GURKA]
Players
5,325 posts
10,733 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

That is actually not an argument as it is a game.

 

I am in favor of 4 sectors instead of 2 sectors. It could add some skill if it would allow to reinforce "left" after reinforced "right" as your AA crew on left side would "expect" planes to go over them.

 

Changes are needed for sure, but there is probably no easy fix even if you call it that. But thumbs up for trying.

I see realism always as a plus point, so it's an argument. I just wouldn't use realism as an argument against something, because the game is not bound to realism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,376 posts
8,212 battles
27 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

@Sunleader Respect for putting that much thought into your idea. Regardless of what I personally think about AA & your suggestion, here is why the current AA works the way it does, why captain skills are rather useless and why this will not change: CV+AA ship divisions. Im very very very sure, that WG saw full-AA-build ships divisioned with a CV as broken. Atlantas+Saipan, Minos+Midways, all that kinda stuff. Those divisions had up to 96% WR if played by the right group of players. So because it could be easily abused and was so strong, WG nerfed the AA-builds/skills to what we have left now. And they wont make the same mistake again. Eventhough the current situation is ridiculous.

 

Thats an Interesting Theory I guess.

Albeit no Offense Intended. The Current Situation does not Change that Possiblity.

I actually had some Games with Yoshanai where I was Grinding and he was tagging Along with his Midway. And we did a 10 Game Win Streak that way pretty easily.

 

Even now. A CV forming a Division with a Ship 1 Tier Lower. Creates an Extremely Unbalanced Combination. And as Fail Platoon is Fairly Rare as long as there is enough Players Available.

Its also a Pretty Safe Bet to get Low Tiers into your Match.

A CV Forming a Division with Long Range BBs and Spotting so they can Spawnkill the Enemy CV is one of the most Dangerous Divisions I know. And if they Succeed that Game is Basicly Done.

 

Thing is. Right now CVs are just so Broken that Literally any Division with a CV is an Insane Advantage.

Be it Smoke Cruisers having the CV to Spot for them which nobody can do anything about.

Or be it a CV Supporting his DDs by not just Attacking Hostile DDs he Encounters but also Spotting beyond the DDs Smoke and Providing Air Cover.

 

 

So dont get me Wrong.

But they did not only not Fix the Problem by making AA Weak in General. They just Shifted the Problem to Different Ships.

Which in fact made it worse. Because it actually Increased the number Ships that are Broken when Paired with a CV.

 

17 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

so, change is that you need to be aprox. 90 degree to incoming planes, you press the button and planes melt. And that with 15s cooldown. That sounds very balanced and historical.

Just like Kitakaze sinking Yamato with 100mm guns in 3 minutes is historical.

Or planes being able to spot enemy cruisers only when in AA range (~6km) or have hangar of hundred planes but able to launch just 12 is also historical

Or Montana hitting shima with 12x 406mm AP shells but not sinking it cuz overpens is also realistic

Sonars or radars being active just for few seconds and penetrating mountains is also historical

DDs carrying dozens of torps on board and not having citadels is also historical etc etc

 

"Historical and realistic" would make this game very frustrating experience

 

 

only problem of AA power is at low tiers, but CVs do not really are any record killing machines in T6/T4 (except the ridiculous Hosho)

on T8-T10, most ships have AA strong enough to only allow 1-2 drops from CV that equals to 10-15k dmg, rest of the planes die.

 

we are 1 years into CV rework, and CVs dropped in average dmg below pretty much every BB in T10, so why exactly would you want to lower their dmg output even more?

image.thumb.png.3aa07df888f3c825af44d7ec0ecd9171.png

 

1.

Its Hilarious how you just Ignore everything I said and Focus on the One Minor Bonus Point of this being Realistic.

Feel Free to Ignore the Realistic Part. Its a Bonus. Not the Carrying Argument for the Change.

2.

Its also Hilarious how you apparently didnt Read a Word I said aside from the Part about Realism. Albeit maybe you didnt actually read that either and just guessed it based on other Peoples Posts.

Joke is. For a Good CV Player my Suggestion would actually Decrease the Damage he Takes. And for Bad CV Players it would not change anything.

What it would Change however. Is that it would Force Good CV Players to Delay their Strike a bit because they need to Evade the Heavy AA more Carefully. And could not just Ignore AA and Attack at will.

3.

For the CV Discussion please Refer to the CV Discussion Topic.

I am not Interested in Discussing this here. Especially because I (and also several others) have Answered that Argument you try to make like a Hundred Times by now.

 

You can Find the CV Topic here.

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,039 posts
10,875 battles

If you ask me,
there is no way to balance the AA.. and that is the fundemantal problem under the CV rework..

 

you cannot create nofly zones like there used to be, then your planes will be usesless against some ships.. which in turn will make CV useless against those ships.

Then If you cannot create no flyzones, there will be players who will find a way to damage you constantly then the surface captains will be unhappy,

If you make it harder and harder, then the player numbers on CVs will drop, and skill gap widens... back to square 0.1.

 

The only solution I see for the AA, is make it like surface ship mechanics.. a combination of skill and RNG..

not semi or fully automated process..

 

Let people to use AA MANUALLY, target the planes.. fight with them.. drop them from the sky..

let people decide to use them auto or man.. you can pick the auto If you are fighting in a very bad position or you can select to ignore main guns and steering the ship for a while, and play shoot the damn things down!

you can target any plane you like.. may be you shoot the attacking wing so the CV had to make a turn and try again with new planes..

 

Give people to ability to actually do something themselves.. not hit a key and wait something to happen...

 

another great thing will be putting WOWP players as individual fighter plane pilots on CVs.. to defend the air space..
but that is a very utopic and never going to happen idea :D

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
49 posts

imho, AA at 8-10 t is too strong now. Fighters, defensive AA fire, large groups of ships campin behind the islads for 10-15 min. I do more damage playing cruisers than CVs.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles

Frankly I don't see this as feasible. As long as flak aim is automated it can be cheesed. The best way to avoid flak is to not having to dodge it after all. Such a new system would basically just be another blow to the already pitiful DPS values.

 

As a sidenote, halving the reaction time to flak basically outright creates invis flak due to render delay. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
278 posts
1,667 battles

I like the suggestion, though I feel there also should be a visual indicator for the CV player which sector is reinforced. I also think that they should do away with stacking AA aura’s altogether (only make the puffs stack), so each individual ship can get a balance overhaul in regards to its individual effectiveness vs aircraft.

 

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
1 minute ago, LordTareq said:

I like the suggestion, though I feel there also should be a visual indicator for the CV player which sector is reinforced.

 

There is. A reinforced sector starts shooting red AA tracers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
482 posts
12,819 battles
8 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

If you ask me,
there is no way to balance the AA.. and that is the fundemantal problem under the CV rework..

 

you cannot create nofly zones like there used to be, then your planes will be usesless against some ships.. which in turn will make CV useless against those ships.

Then If you cannot create no flyzones, there will be players who will find a way to damage you constantly then the surface captains will be unhappy,

If you make it harder and harder, then the player numbers on CVs will drop, and skill gap widens... back to square 0.1.

 

The only solution I see for the AA, is make it like surface ship mechanics.. a combination of skill and RNG..

not semi or fully automated process..

 

Let people to use AA MANUALLY, target the planes.. fight with them.. drop them from the sky..

let people decide to use them auto or man.. you can pick the auto If you are fighting in a very bad position or you can select to ignore main guns and steering the ship for a while, and play shoot the damn things down!

you can target any plane you like.. may be you shoot the attacking wing so the CV had to make a turn and try again with new planes..

 

Give people to ability to actually do something themselves.. not hit a key and wait something to happen...

 

another great thing will be putting WOWP players as individual fighter plane pilots on CVs.. to defend the air space..
but that is a very utopic and never going to happen idea :D

you have very high expectations from our playerbase.

all they have to do right now is press the button, yet vast majority of them does not do that, hell, they ignore planes completely

they shoot HE in yamatos and sit broadside to whole enemy team stuck in binocular view whole game

they launch 6km torps at 15km distant targets, AP bomb DDs or use 9km radars from 15km distance to cap points

they fire DW torps into DDs at T10, they spend 10 seconds torping point blank enemy with 100hp left dying in the process instead of shooting it once...

majority has no idea what autobounce is or what is overmatch, we have more BBs sailing around with SE than DDs...its, well arcade game for the masses

 

some ppl wants more skill and less RNG, but most of the players can't handle shooting and sailing at the same time... if anything, i believe that WG will be making this game even more casual friendly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GURKA]
Players
5,325 posts
10,733 battles
23 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

The only solution I see for the AA, is make it like surface ship mechanics.. a combination of skill and RNG..

not semi or fully automated process..

That's why I see the current mechanic a step into the right direction. It's semi-manual and needs at least awareness. Though I also suggested, that the burst-componoet should be aimed and more dmg, so it could fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
278 posts
1,667 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

There is. A reinforced sector starts shooting red AA tracers.

 

Heh, thanks for that. I never realized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,117 posts
11,884 battles
5 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Simple Suggestion to Fix the currently Broken and useless AA and Sector Reinforcement.

 

1.

Sector Reinforcement instead of Dealing a Direct Unevadable Damage Burst (Which is so weak currently that you cant even Notice it unless you got 12 Aircraft in the Squadron because only then its barely enough to Turn a Single Aircraft Yellow.....) and then Buffing the DPS Value for the AA Aura.

The Sector Reinforcement should instead Buff the Spawning Speed and Spawning Pattern of Heavy AA.

 

1.1

The Ship should be Seperated into 4 rather than 2 Sectors. With the Buff giving a Sector Reinforcement not from the Opposite Sectors but instead of the Two Neighboring ones.

Meaning that if for example you Reinforce the Right Sector. The AA from Forward and Rear Sector would Focus on the Right. But the Left Sector would be Untouched.

 

696468037_StatPadding.thumb.jpg.d06d927a6c4541ba2cbe5791592d1222.jpg

 

This Serves 3 Purposes.

A.

It makes the Area of Focus Smaller. Allowing a bit more Skill Interaction between CV and Surface Ship.

It also allows the CV to Maneuver in order to Avoid Flying into the Normal Sector and instead try to Leave Enemy AA through a Weakened Sector.

B.

It doesnt Punish Ships which have less AA Range.

(Currently Ships which have less than 5km Range on their AA. Actually do LESS Damage to Aircraft by using Sector Reinforcement. Because if they Press the Reinforcement Button upon the Aircraft Entering their Range. The Aircraft will often have Passed them before the Reinforcement is even Complete and the other Side will do less Damage to the Enemy Aircraft after they have Passed you)

C.

It is actually much more Realistic this Way. Because Reinforcing an Sector for AA is actually fine. As Ships have Guns in all Directions. And not every Gun has its own Fire Control. Focusing all Fire Control of Guns that can actually turn in that Direction. Will Improve Accuracy in that Sector. However. In Reality. A Battleship cant really Focus its Starboard Side Fire Director towards to the Port side. The Forward AA Guns would thus either Focus Left or Right. But never to the Rear. And likewise the Left Guns could Help to the Front or Rear but not really to the Right side.

 

1.2

Buffing the Heavy AA instead of the Aura. Should Serve to actually provide a Skill Challenge.

The Aura DPS is Ultimately too weak to really bother anyone. It cant Protect a Ship. Even if your in a Massive Blob of Ships.

Its more of an Prevention for Aircraft to just Stay above the Ship forever.

However. Currently Heavy AA can be pretty much Evaded without any real Effort.

 

Thats why the Sector Reinforcement should Buff the Speed of Heavy AA Spawning. (Which will thanks to the Sector Reinforcement Slowly Building up. Make AA Spawn at an irregular Speed. Making it far harder to Predict and Avoid)

And will also give more AA Clouds to Avoid in the First Place. Thus while not Preventing a Drop. At least make it Harder for the CV to Drop without being Hit by AA.

Thus allowing for some Counterplay as you can Force the CV to Maneuver and thus maybe give your own Maneuvers more of a Chance to actually Evade a Hit by Disturbing the CVs Flight Path.

Unless he wants to Sacrifice Aircraft and just Push through of course.

 

1.3

The above is also why the Sector Reinforcement. Should Buff the Spawning Pattern if Heavy AA.

Currently most Ships AA Spawning Pattern are actually leaving Wide Holes for the Aircraft to literally just Fly Straight through it and Bomb the Ship.

Instead upon Reinforcing the Sector. Heavy AA Should Spawn straight ahead of the Enemy Aircraft. So that the Squadron actually has to Turn to Evade it. And cant just Ignore it.

 

Thus causing the Reinforced Sector to at least Delay the Bomb Strike by 1 or 2 seconds giving additional Time for Evasive Maneuvers.

 

 

2.

The Manual AA Burst Skill should be Changed.

Remove the Buffing of the Damage Burst to a Level which in all Honestly can still be Completely Ignored and really wont help anyone at all.

Because lets face it. That Claim that a Fubuki could Defend itself against Aircraft using that Damage Burst is Complete Horse**** because if you do 7% Damage every 20 or so Seconds. Even against a 12 Aircraft Squadron where the Skill the most Effective. You would need 2 Bursts to Kill 1 Aircraft. And that would actually come up needing more Bursts the less Aircraft the Enemy has remaining cause the Damage is calculated on Current HP of the Squadron not an Max HP.

Meaning that if your lucky. You will kill maybe 2 Aircraft before the Enemy has Unloaded his Entire Squadron at you..... And thats a Big Maybe. Because if its a Kaga for example and thus Drops 3 Times. He will just Drop 2 Times and Press F. Leaving you with 1 Aircraft Killed. Which means to a Kaga your about as Dangerous as a T1 Cruiser is to Yamato....

 

Instead. Manual AA Should again become Manual AA. Rather than having a Slow Reinforcement of the Sector upon Pressing the AA Button.

Pressing Sector Reinforcement Button with Manual AA Skill Active. Should Result in One More Accurate Heavy AA Salvo being Spawned.

The Salvo should have 100% More Heavy AA Clouds than your Ship usually Spawns. And would be Spawned with 50% of the Reaction Time of the CV Player at a Timing that you Decide.

This way it would be rather Hard to Evade. Meaning that having Manual AA Skill you can effective Spawn one Additional Heavy AA Salvo every 20 Seconds which is much much Harder to Predict and Evade for the Enemy CV.

In Exchange of course. While you might more often hit the Enemy with this one Heavy Salvo. You get a 50% Debuff on the Spawning Speed of your Standard Salvos. Meaning that your Automatic Heavy AA will Work far less Efficient and be much easier to Evade.

 

 

 

 

This System would be much more Realistic.

It would be much more Interactive.

And it would also very likely. Be far more Balanced than the currently castrated Joke we call AA and which CVs in General can just Ignore 90% of the Time. 

 

 

Greetz Sun.

More elaborate sector was proposed months ago, I think even I come up with three directions - port, starboard, stern, as well "directional" AA dps increase, either based on actual LoS of AA guns or simplified "50%dps only when bow/aft and 100% when broadside".

 

Did it happened or was even ackgnowledged? :Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,376 posts
8,212 battles
13 hours ago, Panocek said:

More elaborate sector was proposed months ago, I think even I come up with three directions - port, starboard, stern, as well "directional" AA dps increase, either based on actual LoS of AA guns or simplified "50%dps only when bow/aft and 100% when broadside".

 

Did it happened or was even ackgnowledged? :Smile_smile:

 

Always so Negative ^^

And well. I dislike Complaining without telling people how to do it Better :P

Now I told em how to do it Better. So if some Mod comes along telling me to be Constructive I can link em this Topic and tell them. We have been Constructive but you guys always Ignore us if we are. xD

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×