Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - Matchmaker changes

20 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,668 posts
3,949 battles

With the current matchmaker settings, sometimes you might encounter a situation where six aircraft carriers are present in one battle at Tiers IV and V battles. It's difficult for Tier III-V ships to put up a fight against a large number of aircraft carriers, which affects their overall efficiency in battle.

We've prepared changes to the matchmaker that will reduce the number of aircraft carriers in this scenario:

• For Tier V battles, a soft limit of two aircraft carriers per team will be set. A battle with three aircraft carriers in the team will be possible only after a long wait in the queue.
  • All other Tiers of battle, including IV, will have a hard limit of 2 aircraft carriers per team.

Thank you for highlighting this problem, we will make all the necessary changes required. However, due to technical limitations, these changes will only take effect in one of the next updates in early 2020.

The new algorithms will reduce the number of battles with three aircraft carriers for Tier IV-V ships, and Tier III ships will not encounter more than two aircraft carriers in a team after these changes. At the moment, the popularity of Tier IV aircraft carriers is very high, so stricter restrictions than those described could have a significant impact on waiting times in the queue.

We will continue to monitor the situation and make additional changes if necessary.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,169 posts
20,121 battles
45 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

At the moment, the popularity of Tier IV aircraft carriers is very high, so stricter restrictions than those described could have a significant impact on waiting times in the queue.

Maybe you should address this issue at its core instead?

I mean, this didn't happen when some certain T4 CVs were actually more balanced and not blatantly overpowered for their tier. :cap_hmm:

• Cool 18

Players
23 posts
5,339 battles

Ohh how fantastic, Tier3 ships without any AA can now only see 2 CV at max....that is so mighty of you really!

I loved having fun at low tiers from time to time, I bought some ships for that and now I can't even play them basically...so many thanks for that! Ohh but this change will definitely do the trick...no.

Maybe in the first place get rid of the problem itself...the stupidly powerful Tier4 CV's...but no clearly not enough evidence shown in these past months how disgusting they are...keep it going!!!

• Cool 12

Players
10,120 posts
11,884 battles
28 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I mean, this didn't happen when some certain T4 CVs were actually more balanced and not blatantly overpowered for their tier.

But then, if CV numbers would go down it would mean CV REEEwork isn't as successful as spreadsheet implies:cap_hmm:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[LEEUW]
Players
44 posts
4,962 battles
38 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I mean, this didn't happen when some certain T4 CVs were actually more balanced and not blatantly overpowered for their tier. :cap_hmm:

I'm with El2aZeR here, why not revert to where tier IV CV's had only one torpedo per drop? 

Tier IV CV's were balanced until you gave it +100% damage output without any other changes. (go figure).

• Cool 4

[SVX]
Players
13 posts
28,101 battles

I had expectations and thought you would do something about the increasing amount of unbalanced games lately...games ending after a couple of minutes...maybe it is supposed to be like that, I don't know. I have MM monitor and see sometimes how bad MM can be. You should address this too.

• Cool 3

Players
2,172 posts
13,779 battles

Good. I can carry one potato CV, cant carry 2 if all 3 reds are decent. Better would be special operations and  of course coop for T4 CVs to learn on bots and then start from t6 game vs players

[BBMM]
Players
6,182 posts
8,135 battles
58 minutes ago, _NLForces_ said:

I'm with El2aZeR here, why not revert to where tier IV CV's had only one torpedo per drop? 

Tier IV CV's were balanced until you gave it +100% damage output without any other changes. (go figure).

Aww.... except there's only 1 that has 2 torpedoes. 

I checked - Hermes didn't get one, neither did the US.

Still did better than both Hoshos in my Hermes though.

Maybe Hosho needs 3 torps? :Smile_trollface:

Players
10,120 posts
11,884 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Aww.... except there's only 1 that has 2 torpedoes. 

I checked - Hermes didn't get one, neither did the US.

590813864774467584.gif

shot-19-12-06-19-04-10-0635.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
12,506 battles
3 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

With the current matchmaker settings, sometimes you might encounter a situation where six aircraft carriers are present in one battle at Tiers IV and V battles. It's difficult for Tier III-V ships to put up a fight against a large number of aircraft carriers, which affects their overall efficiency in battle.

We've prepared changes to the matchmaker that will reduce the number of aircraft carriers in this scenario:

• For Tier V battles, a soft limit of two aircraft carriers per team will be set. A battle with three aircraft carriers in the team will be possible only after a long wait in the queue.
  • All other Tiers of battle, including IV, will have a hard limit of 2 aircraft carriers per team.

Thank you for highlighting this problem, we will make all the necessary changes required. However, due to technical limitations, these changes will only take effect in one of the next updates in early 2020.

The new algorithms will reduce the number of battles with three aircraft carriers for Tier IV-V ships, and Tier III ships will not encounter more than two aircraft carriers in a team after these changes. At the moment, the popularity of Tier IV aircraft carriers is very high, so stricter restrictions than those described could have a significant impact on waiting times in the queue.

We will continue to monitor the situation and make additional changes if necessary.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Maybe you should just give Tier III and Tier IV BBs and also Cruisers better AA to be able to fight aircrafts. Being in a Dreadnought, König Albert or also Orion and fighting against multiple planes (which come after you again and again) is simply annoying and ridiculous. It seems as if the CVs have an unlimited number of planes. As a BB sailing on your own towards the end of the match you have no chance... 

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,182 posts
8,135 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

590813864774467584.gif

WADAAFUUUKKKKK???? :cap_wander::cap_wander_2:

I did play Hermes... saw Hosho having 2 torps... I had one...????

[BBMM]
Players
6,182 posts
8,135 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

590813864774467584.gif

I assumed they just buffed Hosho?????? So, Langly too!

Not Hermes though!
1685620141_Hermes1torp.thumb.jpg.9442ba2928e01f4aaac301b52ce25374.jpg

Players
10,120 posts
11,884 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I assumed they just buffed Hosho?????? So, Langly too!

Not Hermes though!
1685620141_Hermes1torp.thumb.jpg.9442ba2928e01f4aaac301b52ce25374.jpg

You haven't expected actually useful Tea carrier have you?:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[BBMM]
Players
6,182 posts
8,135 battles
14 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You haven't expected actually useful Tea carrier have you?:Smile_trollface:

I'd say I did... 

Spoiler

1302658155_AR125K3.thumb.jpg.d2d0030a44e866cb2a63e2ace08551a5.jpg1460144627_ARstats.thumb.JPG.7f924e43039b94de10565bc8a5299444.JPG

• Cool 1

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
68 posts
8,264 battles

It's really tragic how poor the player experience is for new players and how little WG seems to care for it. You leave this imbalanced situation in the game and scare away loads of potential new players that get slaughtered by experienced players enjoying their easy mode. In WOT the exact same is happening for years already. And guess what, WG even sell these sealclubbing machines to their players for lots of money... It really makes you wonder... 

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Players
3,648 posts
16,822 battles

Give CVs and upcoming subs a separate mode with bots, protecting/attacking convoys etc. Problem solved.

• Cool 1

[TPHO]
Players
29 posts
849 battles

The issue with MM is not only the number of CV's your going to meet.

The MM need a rework, for a Noob player(like me) the lower Tiers is often full of sealclubbers, MM should be made by experience, winrate, and only +/- one Tier. All the experienced players should play against experienced players, first off all us noobs wont get texted after a battle being told how stupid we are, and it will be more fun for all (except the clubbers)

then please only one CV pr team, or remove them altogether they dont fit in this game if you ask me. Give them special/separate modes if you have to.

[CATS]
Players
27,527 posts
14,598 battles
  • there is newbie protection, it could be a bit longer
  • there is +/-1 Tier MM in the low Tiers
  • MM by winrate does not work as it changes winrate, thereby destroying the benchmark used for MM
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this