You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - Arms Race and other improvements.

22 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,668 posts
3,949 battles

The Arms Race mode – which has special pick-up zones which grant team combat buffs upon activation – is updated. 

We've updated the buffs. Now they will also affect aircraft carriers' squadrons:

• Increasing the movement speed of ships or planes and increasing the rudder shift speed;
  • Constant HP recovery in percentage of the maximum HP for ships or planes;
  • Increased reload speed for main caliber guns and torpedoes, increased plane replenishment speed;
  • Increased ships' and planes' consumable reload speed.

All ships in the team will receive one buff level when a pick-up zone with a bonus is activated. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_battle_bonuses_EN_1920x1080.jpg

Besides that, the way buffs are displayed in the interface and the messages about getting them are updated, and areas with them are now marked by small buoys.

Also, the following improvements are made:

• Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, and ARP ships are becoming premium ships. This means they will get increased credits earnings;
  • Additional content settings are updated. Now you will still get bonuses from a camouflage when you hide it. The standard permanent camouflage or – in case the ship doesn't have one – the Type 5 camouflage will be displayed instead;
  • The armor scheme display in port is updated. Now more colors will be used to show different thicknesses, and new armor groups were added: the ship's ends and torpedo protection.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_armor_EN_1920x1080.jpg

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

6,235 posts
10,704 battles
5 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, and ARP ships are becoming premium ships. This means they will get increased credits earnings;

That's about as nice as it can get!

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

I'm pretty much indifferent to the arms race mode. But those three items are definatly good news.

8 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, and ARP ships are becoming premium ships. This means they will get increased credits earnings;

Very welcome change. Didn't expect that at all.

8 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Additional content settings are updated. Now you will still get bonuses from a camouflage when you hide it. The standard permanent camouflage or – in case the ship doesn't have one – the Type 5 camouflage will be displayed instead;

So I can now mount a camo, disable it being displayed in my filters and it remains mounted?

Thank you very much, that's truly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

The armor scheme display in port is updated. Now more colors will be used to show different thicknesses, and new armor groups were added: the ship's ends and torpedo protection.

Also a welcome change.

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Thank you WG-EU 2015-2016 for denying us a proper & feasible chance on collecting those ARP-ships compared to ASIA or NA. Much appreciated!

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
27,525 posts
14,596 battles
1 minute ago, MrFingers said:

Thank you WG-EU 2015-2016 for denying us a proper & feasible chance on collecting those ARP-ships compared to ASIA or NA. Much appreciated!

Only Nachi was really challenging.

The first ships were rather easy.

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
312 posts
17,212 battles
29 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:
  • Increased reload speed for main caliber guns and torpedoes, increased plane replenishment speed;

Why not include secondaries?

[HOO]
3,242 posts
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The first ships were rather easy.

EU NA
Kongo Deal 1M damage, T5+ PvP 8000BXP T6+
Hiei 2000 main battery hits, T5+ PvP 8000BXP T6+
Kirishima Hit 200 torpedoes, T6+ PvP 20000BXP T6+
Haruna Win 25 battles, T6+ PvP 20000BXP T6+
Myoko 500 secondary hits, T7+ PvP 40000BXP T6+
Haguro Destroy 100 modules, T7+ PvP 40000BXP T6+
Nachi Sink 20 US, 20 DE, 20 IJN & 20 RU Ships, T8+ PvP 70000BXP T6+
Ashigara Deal 2M damage, T8+ PvP 70000BXP T6+
flag + 3 special commanders Not offered 110000BXP T6+
Takao Win 50 battles, T8+ PvP only (first T9+) 110000BXP T6+

And on EU they came with 6pt commanders, whereas all NA commanders were 10 point. 

Sure, "rather easy", and "scaled perfectly well with the NA-requirements".

[CATS]
Players
27,525 posts
14,596 battles

I do not see what was difficult for the first ships.

And this was the second round.

You could get Kongo and Myoko already in a previous round.

Players
274 posts
16,835 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, and ARP ships are becoming premium ships. This means they will get increased credits earnings

Does this also mean that their permanent camouflages will get the standard permacamo bonuses (ie. +50% XP, –10% cost), @Tanatoy?

[T-N-T]
Players
3,648 posts
16,822 battles

Ok, this post is rather nice.

Arms race was quite fun and enjoyable (no sarcasm here). I could do without the additions for CVs and planes, though...

ARP ships becoming basically full blown premiums? Ok then, reason to play them then.

Weird and ugly camos still giving bonuses when disabled? Bloody awesome. That's like dozens of ships I can now use various camos on where I previously couldn't bear it! :cap_like: (You people can now play Roma with great bonuses and without the Beercan.)

Armor viewer update? Any chance the various decks and internal plates that are now missing will be added? Say all those armoured decks preventing citadels through the nose etc. That would be awesome as well.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
3,242 posts
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Additional content settings are updated. Now you will still get bonuses from a camouflage when you hide it. The standard permanent camouflage or – in case the ship doesn't have one – the Type 5 camouflage will be displayed instead;

YES! Implement this tomorrow!

• Cool 1

[WG]
4,668 posts
3,949 battles
44 minutes ago, Yamashiro42 said:

Does this also mean that their permanent camouflages will get the standard permacamo bonuses (ie. +50% XP, –10% cost), @Tanatoy?

Yes, that will be the case. :) 

• Cool 7

[ZEN]
Players
1,165 posts
13,410 battles

Just wondering if the armour viewer changes would actually show important bits of armour that were removed cause WG deemed it too complicated to show that the GC has a 85mm internal bow making it immune to frontal citadels, cause IMO I think that is a rather important piece of information to be shown to the player...

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,599 posts
13,973 battles
40 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Just wondering if the armour viewer changes would actually show important bits of armour that were removed cause WG deemed it too complicated to show that the GC has a 85mm internal bow making it immune to frontal citadels, cause IMO I think that is a rather important piece of information to be shown to the player...

Yes, it would be nice if all of the hidden bulkhead armor visible only via armor model viewer was infact viewable ingame.

• Cool 1

Players
572 posts
21,722 battles

Because WG doesn't care about feedback anyway, here is the short version concerning the changes to the arms race: Thanks for ruining another game mode.

[WG]
4,668 posts
3,949 battles
On 12/7/2019 at 11:26 AM, _DemonGuard_ said:

Because WG doesn't care about feedback anyway, here is the short version concerning the changes to the arms race: Thanks for ruining another game mode.

With a bit more constructivity and reasoning it's easier for me to collect the feedback ;)

Thanks in advance, 

• Cool 1

Players
572 posts
21,722 battles
On 12/10/2019 at 12:03 PM, Tanatoy said:

With a bit more constructivity and reasoning it's easier for me to collect the feedback ;)

Thanks in advance, 

So you want the longer version:

The thing that made arms race fun to play (and different from other game modes) was the fact, that you had to be very active to get the buffs or deny the enemy getting them. Going for them was a risk, but you got rewarded with 2 stacks of buffs for yourself, while your teammates could get 1. Camping in the back was a straight way for failure, because the enemy would get stronger and stronger and would overwhelm you in the end. So you had to support your teammates getting the buffs and be relatively close to them, because there was the need to be withing 12km to also reveive them for yourself. The concealment buffs could lead to very different gameplay situations.

Now you want to change it, so everyone gets only 1 buff. There's no additional reward for the extra risk you're taking if you go for it. On top of that, removing the range limit makes it viable to sit back and camp while your teammates are trying to get the buffs. They might die in the process, but hey, at least you get stronger and stronger while being useless for your team and you might even get some kills with your buffed ship when the game is already lost (and save your star, if this will become a ranked game mode again). Concealment buffs will lose a lot of their value with the CVs. CVs are already way too strong and the last thing i want to face are supercharged carriers/planes.

• Cool 7

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,375 battles

Please add the Arms Race Mode to Random Matches as soon as possible and I`ll be happy to play WoWs again.

+Submarines and I`ll give you a big hug dear @Tanatoy

If you could also allow manual control of CV movement during plane flights,

then CV players will owe you big time :)

Wishing you nice festive days,

Air

[T-N-T]
Players
3,648 posts
16,822 battles

Arms race loses its point when every useless camper running to the map border gets the buff someone risked dying for. The 12km limit made sense and so did the double stack a player got if he activated the buff.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
18 hours ago, Toivia said:

Arms race loses its point when every useless camper running to the map border gets the buff someone risked dying for. The 12km limit made sense and so did the double stack a player got if he activated the buff.

Exactly.

I don't see the point of rewarding every player on the team the same way. So campers can stay behind and get buffs from their DDs (or whoever is risking to get them)? Why?

The "base" can stay the same, but the player that gets the buff, gets 100% of it, the rest of the team gets 50%. If more than one player is in the 'buff zone', all players inside get 100% of it.

I believe it would yield better gameplayer and better results overall.

• Cool 2