Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
legionnl

Yubari no priority AA

15 comments in this topic

[IIWII]
Beta Tester
36 posts
7,538 battles

Goodday All,

with all the CV's at low tier i wanted to see how the Yubari is performing now.

Specced it for AA and immediately get in a double CV match.

Once the first planes approached i pressed the Priority AA button and it immeaditly went in cooldown.

so i thought huh maybe its bugged ? Once i got in port i checked the Priority AA and it is 0 seconds.

is this intentional and if so why, this is supposed to be an AA cruiser.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,311 posts
4 minutes ago, legionnl said:

Goodday All,

with all the CV's at low tier i wanted to see how the Yubari is performing now.

Specced it for AA and immediately get in a double CV match. 

Once the first planes approached i pressed the Priority AA button and it immeaditly went in cooldown.

so i thought huh maybe its bugged ? Once i got in port i checked the Priority AA and it is 0 seconds.

is this intentional and if so why, this is supposed to be an AA cruiser.

did you use a captain with MAA skill?

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,311 posts
Just now, legionnl said:

i think so i used the priorty AA boost skill

then you might want to read the description of the skill, because the behaviour you described is how it should be with this skill...

MAA is now a bad choice for every  ship with decent AA, after it was changed from "Manual AA" to "Massive AA"...

Beta Tester
3,191 posts
3,662 battles

As long as we are speaking of the Yubari, I think her AA could use some love. It would be nice to have at least one low-tier AA cruiser with the power to truly take the fight to the carriers!

• Cool 6

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,723 battles
3 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

As long as we are speaking of the Yubari, I think her AA could use some love. It would be nice to have at least one low-tier AA cruiser with the power to truly take the fight to the carriers!

Agree. There are too many ships at T3&4 that have no answer for aircraft, sometimes literally. (I'm looking at you Dreadnought.)

Yabari is OK for AA but not anything that says even to the most muppet CV driver, 'go away because I can hurt you' 

[-TPF-]
Players
4,027 posts
16,627 battles
25 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Agree. There are too many ships at T3&4 that have no answer for aircraft, sometimes literally. (I'm looking at you Dreadnought.)

The problem is that WG never wants to provide a counter play to whatever is new and shiny in the game, for fear of not getting the rise in player numbers needed to justify dev time. 

But Tier IV needs some AA guard ships. Yubari, some of the British C class AA conversions, all would be decent Premiums to restore some balance. But it won't happen. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,191 posts
3,662 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

The problem is that WG never wants to provide a counter play to whatever is new and shiny in the game, for fear of not getting the rise in player numbers needed to justify dev time. 

But Tier IV needs some AA guard ships. Yubari, some of the British C class AA conversions, all would be decent Premiums to restore some balance. But it won't happen. 

The Orion can actually dish out some worthwhile damage to any aircraft she faces. That's one of the reasons why I kinda like taking her out for a spin now and then!*

* Another and perhaps less noble reason, is that this gives me the chance to land those hilariously wrecking, large-caliber HE volleys on French lower tier cruisers. "An early morning Duguay-Trouin, mmm.... tastes like chicken!" :cap_tea:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,959 battles
51 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

The thing is, the Yubari with BFT is actually pretty damn good at picking of planes all things considered. You have the manuverability to dodge most air attacks and the close range DPS does catch most clubbers off guard. 

It is the best non BB (and CV) plane killer at tier 4, however with the tragic AA state of most tier 4 it is more of a in the land of the blind the one eyed is king.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,020 posts
10,859 battles

Hello ladies and gents,

How about we don't discuss about how to discuss,

all be kind to each other,

and don't post something If we don't have anything constructive and to contribute to the discussion at hand.

wouldn't the world be a better place?

Gd'day

Your professional cleaner Exca..

[ONE2]
Players
3,091 posts
22,116 battles
On 12/5/2019 at 9:07 AM, Cambera_1 said:

Yabari is OK for AA but not anything that says even to the most muppet CV driver, 'go away because I can hurt you' 

Just got an idea...:Smile_great: Why not give it the Atlanta-type DefAA consumable with indefinite reloads? It would not even need to be buffed in any other way (so therefore - useful, BUT not actually OP). That alone would even up the odds quite considerably. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,027 posts
16,627 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Just got an idea...:Smile_great: Why not give it the Atlanta-type DefAA consumable with indefinite reloads? It would not even need to be buffed in any other way (so therefore + Useful, BUT not actually OP). That alone would even up the odds quite considerably. :Smile_Default:

Good idea. Can they do that to Black Swan and make it a Tier III, too? The Swan would make a decent AA ship at that Tier - 20 knots is not so bad (many BBs are no faster) and she has a decent DP main armament.

Players
59 posts

People say learn the game at low tiers, well what lotw tiers? Literally in a BB your wipe out before you can do anything, then people wonder why folk buy premium ships,low tiers suck as bad and any other high tier, and then there is the constant uptiering, AA aon all ships tier 3 upwards to tier 5 needs serious buffs.

Beta Tester
3,191 posts
3,662 battles
12 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Just got an idea...:Smile_great: Why not give it the Atlanta-type DefAA consumable with indefinite reloads? It would not even need to be buffed in any other way (so therefore + useful, BUT not actually OP). That alone would even up the odds quite considerably. :Smile_Default:

Aye, that would do! A slightly better range to the AA guns wouldn't hurt, either.

Well, it would hurt the planes, of course. But that is the idea. 

Sign in to follow this