Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

(IFHE) for Tiers VIII-X. Second stage of the test

12 comments in this topic

[AGRES]
Players
20 posts
523 battles

IFHE thema ..and they show AP richochets. 

jesus.. crazy world..or is this some joke? 

Players
4,773 posts
8,503 battles
Just now, citaDELer said:

IFHE thema ..and they show AP richochets. 

jesus.. crazy world..or is this some joke?  

Nah, it opens up once you read the entire article (not only the screen in the OP). they are planning to change armor values aswell.

11 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

I think it'll be a real mess...

ofc...

But hey, every year needs a rework now I guess. So this is our 2020 new years present. :Smile_facepalm:

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,731 posts
21,062 battles

The way it is right now, light cruisers have an obviously advantage over heavy cruisers. Better dps, more fires, more overpens from BBs, same range. Then why would everyone even bother to build heavy cruisers?!

• Cool 6

Players
2,204 posts
13,426 battles

WG: Players are too dumb to understand radar using line-of-sight, so it must be able to look through anything.

Also WG: Tests complicated rework of IFHE where HE shell pen and armor values depends not only on tier but also cruiser class and gets a side kick of forcing changes to armor of other classes. Before impact on other classes even is considered.

Sounds like disaster to me.

Also: 30 mm overmatch becoming important --> further nerfs to Montana and GK (406 mm / 420 mm) while basically every other real tier X BB laughs? Are those two being relegated to tier 9,5 along with all other tier 9 and below BBs save Musashi?

• Bad 1

Players
2,933 posts
8,442 battles

Just read it all.

What...

A.....

Mess.......

All of this, and i mean all of this could have been sorted many many and many moons ago. If WG had any vision what-so-ever they could have preventative all of this but their quest to sell ships and get people to grind has has shown no end.

It basically shows a complete and utter lack of foresight in anything that they do gameplay wise.

However, from a marketing point of view this is pure gold. PURE GOLD and they will rake in the money. 

Image result for it's just business

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,243 posts
6,577 battles
6 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Also: 30 mm overmatch becoming important --> further nerfs to Montana and GK (406 mm / 420 mm) while basically every other real tier X BB laughs? Are those two being relegated to tier 9,5 along with all other tier 9 and below BBs save Musashi?

GK is gaining accuracy next patch. There was also whispers from sub_octavian about changes for secondary spec ships. So depends what the other changes actually are, or if this armour change will be in isolation - atm it's just a test of concept.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,660 posts
2,865 battles

So, do I get this straight?

If these changes to IFHE go through, light cruisers will, when fighting battleships, basically get to choose between continuing to consistently deal direct damage but with half the chance to set fires, or they could retain the chance to set fires but do a lot less direct damage (basically, only hits on the superstructure would count).

If the above is correct, and if Wargaming is trying to sell these IFHE changes on the idea that light cruisers will no longer feel obliged to choose IFHE in order to be able to deal consistent damage to same-tier cruisers, then I don't really follow their way of thinking. What sensible cruiser captain would make a choice that would work out only if he would never again face battleships in combat? Not to mention the somewhat suicidal aspect of such a choice - since there will be plenty of battleships around - it would also go against the basic rock-paper-scissors mechanic that lies at the very foundation of how ships in the game are supposed to interact.

The IFHE skill is to all intents and purposes mandatory for light cruiser captains in the current game meta. Mandatory skills are in actuality skill point sinks rather than skill choices, so the idea of making that skill less mandatory is in itself sound thinking on the part of Wargaming. But from what I have learned so far, I can see little incentive to skip taking the IFHE skill on light cruiser captains even if these proposed changes go through. It will in most cases probably be better to learn to live with the halved fire chance, which I think the majority of the light cruiser population would be able to survive (fun though it is to have a barbecue).

So maybe this is the main part of what Wargaming is trying to achieve, here: They are going for a stark reduction of fire damage from light cruiser HE spam?* If so, I guess it might work out in the end. I will miss the merry bonfires, but fire damage is not a real substitute for direct damage anyway (due partly to the element of chance and partly to the fact that fire damage can be healed to a 100%), and the heavy cruisers have been left in the shade of their lighter brethren for a while now. Some adjustments to burn times might be called for in order to make those fires that are still set, count - and I do hope that this does not turn out to be just another bone thrown to the BB Mafia - but on this note, I will keep a positive outlook and wait to see what happens!

As I've said above, I don't really know if I've got my facts right on this one. There are most likely a lot of factors that I've missed or failed to take into account. But the best way to start learning is to admit to one's own ignorance, or so Socrates is supposed to have said at any rate. Over to you, fellow forumites...!

:Smile_honoring:

* If this is what they are aiming at, though, they should just say so.

• Cool 1

Players
7,889 posts
9,565 battles
50 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

However, from a marketing point of view this is pure gold. PURE GOLD and they will rake in the money. 

Exactly. You can't have fun lowtier ships.

Did I mention what can of worms WG opened by making captain respec "opt-in", hidden well into few pages long patch notes when they changed Manual AA into Massive AA?:cap_tea:

21 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

If these changes to IFHE go through, light cruisers will, when fighting battleships, basically get to choose between continuing to consistently deal direct damage but with half the chance to set fires, or they could retain the chance to set fires but do a lot less direct damage (basically, only hits on the superstructure would count).

This is the story of current CLs. Post rework, tier 7 and below CL won't be able to damage 32mm plating at all while having halved fire chance, leaving them completely helpless against battleships when uptiered. Meanwhile all tier 6-7 BBs will get 26mm plating, making IFHE mandatory for CL guns. So much for "HE can damage plating equal to penetration value":Smile_smile:

Essentially, this is nerf for everyone. Everyone, except battleships of glorious and lidl variety

Beta Tester
2,660 posts
2,865 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

This is the story of current CLs. Post rework, tier 7 and below CL won't be able to damage 32mm plating at all while having halved fire chance, leaving them completely helpless against battleships when uptiered. Meanwhile all tier 6-7 BBs will get 26mm plating, making IFHE mandatory for CL guns. So much for "HE can damage plating equal to penetration value":Smile_smile:

Are you saying that these changes will make it impossible for mid- and low-tier light cruisers to do direct damage to battleships (other than on their superstructure), even with the IFHE skill? If this is so, then that sounds a bit questionable to me - the life of a light cruiser captain is dashing and daring enough as it is, without making it bleak and hopeless as well...! :Smile_smile:

[THESO]
2,280 posts
7,546 battles

Hello everyone,

let me remind you a one important thing, this is just a proof of concept testing. Which basically are the first steps of a toddler taking.

and on the other hand, we have a very nice and long topic about the subject in the dev blog,

which we want to keep all the ideas and feedback there, nice and tidy so they can be transferred to the related parties easily.

which you can find here.

Thank you,

This topic will be locked.

• Cool 2