Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Need small help with finding one post on this forum...

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,751 posts
11,573 battles

Hi all,

 

Need small help with finding one post on this forum... :Smile_honoring:

 

It was, IIRC, few months ago and by one Forumites who is very knowledgeable about WoWs stats. He was commenting on "WoWs Stats & Numbers" site (https://wows-numbers.com) and writing about how PR value is somehow "skewed" and heavily influenced by damage (he showed that by example and test calculations). He then showed his own (BETA) WoWs site with how he perceived it should look like instead...

 

I thought that I saved the Forumite's name and the thread this all was written in but, it appears, I didn't... :Smile_sad:

 

So... if anyone remembers that thread or the Forumite in question please help! :Smile_medal:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

 

P.S.

I tried the Forum "Search" engine but it still has a lot of limitations and I was unable to pinpoint the search enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,734 posts
17,280 battles
9 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I tried the Forum "Search" engine but it still has a lot of limitations and I was unable to pinpoint the search enough...

You could try google with

 

query site:forum.worldofwarships.eu

 

to search the forum without those limitations.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,751 posts
11,573 battles

Hi all,

 

Just now, Ze_Reckless said:

You could try google with

 

query site:forum.worldofwarships.eu

 

to search the forum without those limitations.

 

I already tried that yesterday as well but the problem is that Google crawler is not covering each and every thread and/or page... we simply produce a lot of material here... :Smile_hiding:

 

 

Leo EApolllo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,934 posts
4,814 battles
7 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

 

 

I already tried that yesterday as well but the problem is that Google crawler is not covering each and every thread and/or page... we simply produce a lot of material here... :Smile_hiding:

 

 

Leo EApolllo11"

did you post in the thread you are looking for? Is it a whole thread you  are looking for, or simply a post inside a thread? Did the thread go big?

 

I might have a trick that can help you based on those questions

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,751 posts
11,573 battles

Hi all,

 

Just now, thiextar said:

did you post in the thread you are looking for? Is it a whole thread you  are looking for, or simply a post inside a thread? Was it the thread upvoted much?

 

I might have a trick that can help you based on those questions

 

I did post in that thread and I thanked him and asked him from which site he produced the screenshots... IIRC...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,934 posts
4,814 battles
Just now, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

 

 

I did post in that thread and I thanked him and asked him from which site he produced the screenshots... IIRC...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

 

 

 

Sweet.

 

so the forum search function is terrible, and never finds all matches of your search, but there is an option: The sort function

 

96963566_2019-12-0415_03_15-Window.thumb.jpg.dd7cacc7925d6078c246ea0b95a34d41.jpg

 

Click on the "sort by" button, then on "custom sort". Here you can choose a few options

for "filter", go for "topics ive posted in". This is the big one, it will remove a lot of bloat from your search.

for "sort by", id use views if it was a very big thread, or start date if you remember roughly when it happened

leave the other two options empty.

 

This should give you a pretty easy list to just skim through until you find what you are looking for, possibly using a ctrl-f search with a keyword

 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,751 posts
11,573 battles

Hi all,

 

I found it... the @thiextar method helped me narrow down the search and then it was much easier - much obliged kind sir! :Smile_great:

 

 

At first I thought it might be Forumite @Z_OnkelE (author of most excellent DD tutorial from few years and and also a Forumite who is professionally dealing with data) but it was Forumite @Armorin ...

 

 

On 9/27/2018 at 12:31 AM, Armorin said:

I've been taking a closer look at the PR calculations from https://wows-numbers.com/personal/rating

 

For a balanced ship, assuming average 50% win ratio, greater than 35%  win rate is required to start accumulating PR points. 65% win rate creates a multiplier of 2. A 100% win rate would yield a maximum multiplier of 4.33. Obviously beating the odds in a UP ship with less than 50% WR will yield a better multiplier than in an OP ship with greater than 50% PR.

 

Damage requires greater than 40% average damage to start accumulating PR points. 50% greater than average damage yields a multiplier of 1.83. Double average damage yields a multiplier of 2.67. Triple average damage yields a 4.33 multiplier.

 

Kill frags requires greater than 10% average kill frags to start accumulating PR points. Taking the EU server average of 0.68 kill frags (it differs greatly between ships), This yields a 0.64 multiplier. Killing 2 ships gets a 3.16 multiplier, a kraken a mighty 8.06 multiplier.

 

A loss with below 40% average damage, but 2 kill frags obtained gets 948 PR points.

A loss with below 40% average damage, but a lucky kraken obtained gets 2418 PR points.

A loss with 50% greater average damage but no kill frags gets 1281 PR points.

A loss with double average damage but no kill frags gets 1869 PR points.

A loss with triple average damage but no kill frags gets 3031 PR points.

A win, but with below 40% average damage and no kill frags yields 650 PR points.

 

At 65% win rate, only 300 PR points are being obtained from winning. So damage farming and kill stealing really does rake in the PR figures. 

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
Players
742 posts
12,134 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

It was, IIRC, few months ago and by one Forumites who is very knowledgeable about WoWs stats. He was commenting on "WoWs Stats & Numbers" site (https://wows-numbers.com) and writing about how PR value is somehow "skewed" and heavily influenced by damage (he showed that by example and test calculations). He then showed his own (BETA) WoWs site with how he perceived it should look like instead...

 

 Hi,

 

I've still got the code backed up but I deleted the database when I dumped Linux and allocated all the disk space to Windows. Now I've got a new PC though, I might setup the old PC and run it as a dedicated server.

It's not really easy to get something of a sensible rating out of what data is provided from the API. The display layout I was working on did give an idea of how a captain played. (For example, some low win rate players had above average survival rates, but poor damage/kills and hit rate and low potential damage and spotting - this would indicate somebody sniping from max range and hiding for a lot of the game).

Looking at how the mayplesyrup JP site uses capture/defense points, I'd assume it might be the case that individual base cap/def points maybe obtained in the team base cap/def fields (as the non-team marked fields are always zero). Either that, or nobody caps during a CV game. Then again that site does seem to use some undocumented API features.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,751 posts
11,573 battles

Hi all,

 

7 hours ago, Armorin said:

 

 Hi,

 

I've still got the code backed up but I deleted the database when I dumped Linux and allocated all the disk space to Windows. Now I've got a new PC though, I might setup the old PC and run it as a dedicated server.

It's not really easy to get something of a sensible rating out of what data is provided from the API. The display layout I was working on did give an idea of how a captain played. (For example, some low win rate players had above average survival rates, but poor damage/kills and hit rate and low potential damage and spotting - this would indicate somebody sniping from max range and hiding for a lot of the game).

Looking at how the mayplesyrup JP site uses capture/defense points, I'd assume it might be the case that individual base cap/def points maybe obtained in the team base cap/def fields (as the non-team marked fields are always zero). Either that, or nobody caps during a CV game. Then again that site does seem to use some undocumented API features.

 

Fingers crossed! :Smile_honoring:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Moderator
2,280 posts
7,546 battles

@Leo_Apollo11

It's great that you've found what you've been looking for..
I'm gonna close this thread because it has ran its course and completed its duty.

 

But If you want to have a discussion about the subject you were looking for, please open a new topic about that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×