Redfoxrommy

İzumo freeexp or not

75 comments in this topic

[AMAT]
Beta Tester
179 posts
8,170 battles

Hi guys/girls here is my Q.

İ am playing amagi when i  finnished exp requarmnets should i play with İzumo or free ezp her and take Yamato .

From my exp. İzumo is a bad ship . İ have many battles against it and nearly all end for my benefit. so What do you think.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles

She was bad before the balance patch, now she is a fine T9, very accurate

Also you can buy special - fexp ships, so I would safe them, or if you want to spent them on progressing, than only on modules, guns, hulls etc

Players
1,055 posts
12,116 battles

The izumo is, and has always been, a very strong and potent ship. It has weaknesses even more pronounced than the Yamato, but playing through her will help you become a good Yamato captain. 
Id say using free XP to shorten the grind by getting better modules is not necessarily a bad idea, but skipping the entire grind is. The Izumo and Yamato both share the same slow, sluggish playstyle that in its own way is also very elegant, and thats something to get used to really. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles
23 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

The izumo is, and has always been, a very strong and potent ship.

It was pretty bad, but got huge buffs, I I remember correctly, it was Sigma 1.8 to 2.1 and high deck armor (40mm? 57mm)

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
967 posts

I grinded out every module on that ship. And honestly it was a painless grind. And all of that was before the buffs on her.

And Pete here has a valid point also.

Players
1,833 posts
15,434 battles

Izumo was never really bad, people whining about how bad she was sucked at positioning and got burnt down. Her guns were always potent, and now after the buff she's very decent. Keep your fxp.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,959 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

Izumo was never really bad, people whining about how bad she was sucked at positioning and got burnt down. Her guns were always potent, and now after the buff she's very decent. Keep your fxp.

She was pretty bad, combining very high detection with poor armor and a horrible stock grind with the only real redeeming quality was that you got the Yamato in the end.

Now with the deck plating buff she is a lot more survivable, and the accuracy made her guns much more dealdy and comfortable to use. She is not bad anymore.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,045 battles
23 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

high deck armor (40mm?)

57mm (same as Yamasushi) iirc

• Cool 1

[N0RSE]
Players
181 posts
14,742 battles

I'm grinding through Izumo for second time now (reset tech tree) and I really enjoy this ship with the buffs it got to protection and accuracy. Absolutely not a bad ship, worth grinding through.

• Cool 2

[-QQ-]
Players
89 posts
5,192 battles

I've just bought the Izumo and oh boy, this feels like a huge downgrade from the awsome Amagi.  Sure, my ship i stock but i doubt that it will get any better :( 

• Cool 1

Players
1,833 posts
15,434 battles
17 minutes ago, Kejoz said:

I've just bought the Izumo and oh boy, this feels like a huge downgrade from the awsome Amagi.  Sure, my ship i stock but i doubt that it will get any better :( 

You can't judge any ship in this game based on it's stock performance, they are all bad before the upgrades. Yes, it does get a lot better when upgraded.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[COAL]
Players
1 post
9,893 battles
On 1/12/2020 at 3:43 AM, Kejoz said:

She is not bad at all, very accurate guns, helps you play with the big boy.

• Bad 1

Players
8,392 posts
9,218 battles
On 1/11/2020 at 11:43 PM, Kejoz said:

It is different. Amagi is more mobile and a battlecruiser. Amagi's strength is to get around. Izumo is a proto-yamato and teaches you how to Yamato. Slow, rudder is slow (turning circle is pretty decent though), but quite tanky and highly accurate guns with tons of penetration. So, your strength shifts from good mobility to excellent gunnery. Izumo guns are better in basically every imaginable way to Amagi, except for gun count, but you get reload mod, so you don't lose out on dpm really. But sigma goes from mediocre 1.8 to 2.0, the shell velocity goes from mediocre to super fast, the penetration goes from T8 grade to T10 grade (same as Republique, only rivalled by Musashi at T9, which beats you at close range, but gets beaten at long range), the layout, while weird, is more conventional than Amagi's (2x3 forward, 1x3 rearward is basically what most modern BBs get. Just because your third turret is in front of the superstructure doesn't change much. Yes, you cannot fire directly behind, but you'd want to fire over the shoulder anyway if kiting, to get all three turrets on target).

Additionally, unlike Amagi with 32 mm everywhere and a weak belt, the Izumo gets a proper BB belt and 57 mm main deck immune to most cruiser HE and almost no superstructure to farm.

And the C hull changes a lot, as rudder shift drops from 26s to 19s. Still slow, but notable improvement.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,119 posts
22,386 battles
On 12/4/2019 at 1:32 PM, Redfoxrommy said:

Hi guys/girls here is my Q.

İ am playing amagi when i  finnished exp requarmnets should i play with İzumo or free ezp her and take Yamato .

From my exp. İzumo is a bad ship . İ have many battles against it and nearly all end for my benefit. so What do you think.

It is always personal preference which ships to skip because you don't enjoy them. I personally wouldn't skip Izumo, maybe use free EXP to get hull or gun range. She has very different gameplay compared to Amagi but it's not a worse ship.

Players
3,371 posts
On 12/6/2019 at 10:39 AM, Vogelhund said:

Izumo is godlike keep angling and you life forever. 

Now do you bow tank,or flank, and this question also applies to the Whyzumo,because I can make neither of them work, got the Izumo ages ago as I have the Yamato on this account, and got lucky (although I am questioning that, lol) with a cheap box on my alt

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NUKED]
Players
472 posts
12,878 battles

I did 100 Battles in it and i really liked it. Dont expect to play a mobile ship, but the guns were nice.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,270 posts
On 12/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, Redfoxrommy said:

İ am playing amagi when i  finnished exp requarmnets should i play with İzumo

If Izumo is anything like Bajie. I would freexp it and jump straight to Yamato.

Bajie is a terrible ship to play, if Izumo is the same way.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
163 posts
1,431 battles
On 1/11/2020 at 11:43 PM, Kejoz said:

I feel entirely opposite. I found Amagi guns to be terrible and Izumo guns hundred times better since I can actually reliably hit what I aim. I am glad i used 40k or so freexp to get rid of Amagi forever. I am never playing that ship again. I didn't hate it but those shotgun inaccurate guns aren't for me. Izumo is a better ship for me even completely stock as its for me now.

• Cool 1

[-QQ-]
Players
89 posts
5,192 battles

The biggest problem of Izumo is the awkward third turret that works well while kiting but is a burden during a push. Nelson style layout would be much better for Izumo as it would give a bit of flexibility during combat. Nagato and Amagi had speed as the feature redeeming their weaknesses, Izumo forces you into the boring meta of stationary gameplay.

Players
8,392 posts
9,218 battles
On 3/13/2020 at 10:04 PM, MRGTB said:

If Izumo is anything like Bajie. I would freexp it and jump straight to Yamato.

Bajie is a terrible ship to play, if Izumo is the same way.

Izumo and the almost better Baijie are certainly not terrible. If you cannot work with these ships, no reason to go for Yamato. They are basically the same playstyle.

48 minutes ago, Kejoz said:

The biggest problem of Izumo is the awkward third turret that works well while kiting but is a burden during a push. Nelson style layout would be much better for Izumo as it would give a bit of flexibility during combat. Nagato and Amagi had speed as the feature redeeming their weaknesses, Izumo forces you into the boring meta of stationary gameplay.

Izumo prepares you for Yamato. Yamato's third turret also isn't forward. Yamato also isn't fast and also has a slow rudder. Yamato's citadel is even easier to hit than Izumo's. Izumo basically eases players from the style of Nagato and Amagi into the play style of Yamato. If people don't like that... why get a Yamato?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1