Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrusilovX

Armoury coupons expiring

21 comments in this topic

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,683 battles

In the last few days I've had a couple of notices in-game that the armoury coupons will expire soon.

I'm fairly sure I've got coupons from a while ago and if they're not used they just accumulate.  I have 2 of each apart from Ships for Dubloons where I only ave one and Ships for Resources which I have none of.

Are these really going to expire or is the reference to resources (which does not seem to be the case).

[RL7S]
Players
248 posts
3,276 battles

Expiry date is when any coupons you've used get replaced, so if you use the ship discount coupon for example you'll get another one at the date given. 

Otherwise coupons just get replaced, they don't accumulate so you'll always have either 1 max or 2 max depending on the type of coupon.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,683 battles

Thanks for the answers - I've used up one of each of the signals.

The only camos are either for coal (which I want to accumulate) or other resources (clan tokens) which I don't have.

Why are they showing the dates as mm/dd/yyyy (so 12/26/2019 for Ships for resources).  That's a format used in the US?

I guess I'll use up the signals ones using some credits.

Players
372 posts
5,745 battles
24 minutes ago, illy said:

Thunderer on Thursday then with jingles as the Captain

That’s my plan when my coal ship one refreshes.

i won’t buy Smolensk... I just can’t justify it 

Weekend Tester
823 posts
9,424 battles

Does anyone actually use the coupons for signals and cammo? Both seem absurdly expensive in the Armoury (e.g. c.100k credits for one India Yankee), and IMHO at least, the coal and credits are best used elsewhere. I pass on the "upgrades" as well, since 17k coal is best saved for a nice ship.

• Funny 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles
1 minute ago, cracktrackflak said:

Does anyone actually use the coupons for signals and cammo?

I do when the coupons are about to expire. The coal loss is often repleneished fairly quickly over the time it takes to receive another coupon, and more flags and camos are always juicy.

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles
5 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

Does anyone actually use the coupons for signals and cammo? Both seem absurdly expensive in the Armoury (e.g. c.100k credits for one India Yankee), and IMHO at least, the coal and credits are best used elsewhere. I pass on the "upgrades" as well, since 17k coal is best saved for a nice ship.

I always need more Victor Limas, Sierra Mikes and India Yankees, so I use the coupons on those for credits. Would never spend coal on signals but credits can easily be made back again!

Players
490 posts
8,666 battles
11 hours ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

That’s my plan when my coal ship one refreshes.

i won’t buy Smolensk... I just can’t justify it 

Smolensk looks a bit boring to be honest

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles

I never understood why coupons get replaced?

Why not just replace them after the person has used them, and for those who havent let them keep them?

Unless it's bugworld having a fit again.

• Funny 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,604 battles
15 hours ago, cracktrackflak said:

I don't use the ones for camos anymore, but I still use the ones for signals as I'm always low on a few of them.

Weekend Tester
823 posts
9,424 battles
5 hours ago, illy said:

Smolensk looks a bit boring to be honest

I play mine in Co-op, where its enormous fun as a close range brawler - given that the bots yolo and everything is over in about three minutes.

To give the bots a chance (and to ensure that i finish the games in credit) I play without cammo, signals or premium consumables.

• Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,252 posts
3 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Any news on when we get the ship coupon renewed?

you read the article?

Players
1,809 posts
15,364 battles
7 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Any news on when we get the ship coupon renewed?

Go to the armory, under "coupons" it should tell you, I think you might need to click the coupon in question or it might tell you  on mouse over, can't remember atm but the info's there under "coupons".

Players
1,001 posts
14,454 battles

Just looking at the new coupons and they expire on 9 January 2020.

Is it always so rapidly? I never really pay attention, but I thought they were bi-annual?

Also, does that imply a patch date for 0.9.0?

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,252 posts
1 minute ago, DanSilverwing said:

Is it always so rapidly?

"normal" coupons (not for ships) are coming usually every 4 weeks

1 minute ago, DanSilverwing said:

Also, does that imply a patch date for 0.9.0?

the last new coupons came last week...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,565 posts
17,520 battles
Am 3.12.2019 um 21:54, cracktrackflak sagte:

Not on camo or signals but on special upgrades. E.g. when grinding French DDs or cruisers you wanna have longer speed boost on all of them.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,565 posts
17,520 battles
Am 4.12.2019 um 08:42, CptBarney sagte:

I never understood why coupons get replaced?

Why not just replace them after the person has used them, and for those who havent let them keep them?

Unless it's bugworld having a fit again.

Because it is easier to program it that way. Additionally some people spend their coupon if there is a deadline vut would not spend it otherwise. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,565 posts
17,520 battles
Am 4.12.2019 um 13:53, cracktrackflak sagte:

I play mine in Co-op, where its enormous fun as a close range brawler - given that the bots yolo and everything is over in about three minutes.

To give the bots a chance (and to ensure that i finish the games in credit) I play without cammo, signals or premium consumables.

So do I.  :Smile_Default: If you really don't wanna use your brain for a while: Smolensk in co-op.

Then again, I also play Musashi in co-op only and mostly without using WASD. I wanna be the super-camper. I guess it is the equivalent of reading Playboy magazine under the blanket with torch light.

Sign in to follow this