You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fonfalks

Smolensk

34 comments in this topic

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,288 battles

At this point, when CVs are extremely unbalanced and OP and can participate in ranked (whoever came up with that should be fired right now), when Kremlin wonders around like BB God, when all sorts of radars exist and are even being put on DDs, you WG could do one reasonable thing amidst this game, that is so absurdly unbalanced and ridiculously RNG dependent, that is NERF THE F OUT OF MOST HATED SHIP IN THIS GAME AND FOR GOOD REASON - SMOLENSK, but you simply will not do that. 

I wonder is it clear and blatant disdain for your player base, is it utter and incomprehensible incompetence or is it just laziness???

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

At this point, when CVs are extremely unbalanced and OP and can participate in ranked (whoever came up with that should be fired right now), when Kremlin wonders around like BB God, when all sorts of radars exist and are even being put on DDs, you WG could do one reasonable thing amidst this game, that is so absurdly unbalanced and ridiculously RNG dependent, that is NERF THE F OUT OF MOST HATED SHIP IN THIS GAME AND FOR GOOD REASON - SMOLENSK, but you simply will not do that. 

I wonder is it clear and blatant disdain for your player base, is it utter and incomprehensible incompetence or is it just laziness???

It ain't gonna happen. 

Beta Tester
1,935 posts
11,818 battles
20 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Spreadsheets man!! What can I tell you......Spreadsheets.....

:Smile_popcorn::Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

Players
3,430 posts
14,187 battles

Nah. My Smolensk is now worth more than all the BB’s combined in every game I’m in. Until the BB player base develops brains I’m going to burn the ever lovin’ :etc_swear: out of everyone and everything I see.

• Cool 3

Players
2,599 posts
13,018 battles
16 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Until the BB player base develops brains I’m going to burn the ever lovin’ :etc_swear: out of everyone and everything I see.

Yeah, have fun waiting for that. If you really gonna clickerdeclick with smolensk until then, let me give you some helpful links at least: https://www.healthline.com/health/repetitive-strain-injury

• Funny 2

Players
3,430 posts
14,187 battles
3 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Yeah, have fun waiting for that. If you really gonna clickerdeclick with smolensk until then, let me give you some helpful links at least: https://www.healthline.com/health/repetitive-strain-injury

I can ask my physio buddies at work for advice also :fish_cute_2:

Players
1,837 posts
15,456 battles
1 minute ago, quickr said:

Do you mean, change your mind or edit excel? I'm confused :Smile_amazed:

Thou shall not edit the Holy Spreadsheet lest ye be smitten by the Gods of Balans!

Players
1,837 posts
15,456 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

YY6OPel.png

But clearly This Is The One That Will Make A Difference.. the thread the prophecy spoke of. The one that will bring Balans to the game.

Players
10,108 posts
11,872 battles
Just now, Captain_Newman said:

But clearly This Is The One That Will Make A Difference.. the thread the prophecy spoke of. The one that will bring Balans to the game.

You mean torpless Smolensk sister as tier 9 Free Exp ship?:cap_hmm:

Players
1,277 posts
19,172 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

The one that will bring Balans to the game.

Weren't subs the one that will bring balans? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 hour ago, StalkerSoC said:

Doesn't mean it shouldn't tho 

When you look the stats of this ship it looks like it really does not need a nerf. 

Its dmg is average and most are on bbs so nothing to brag. 

But I agree this ship sid not need smoke. 

Two smolenks and dd can stop whole team if they know how to play and you will not see none of them. 

This game does not need amoked HE spammers. I thought they learned that from Belfast and Kutuzov

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,362 battles

This thread has helped me in my current coal ship dilemma. I'd like to get the Georgia but the combination of a different skill set to regular US BB captains combined with it being tier 9 concerns me. The Smolensk is my other option, I'm not much of a light cruiser player and I'm fairly sure that I'd fail hard (at least to start with) but I can use my IFHE-sporting Dimitri Donkey captain and rotate between the Smolly and Moskva in whatever tier 10 mode happens along in the future. Plus being tier 10 means it has better credit-earning potential and will always be top tier.

Besides, generating this much hate means it has to be a strong ship so I should probably grab it while I have the opportunity. :Smile_playing:

Players
214 posts
12,827 battles

During testing WG was warned heavily about this ship being really bad for the meta and being ridiculously OP.

I have this ship in my garage. I played a few games and there is no doubt in my mind this is the pinnacle of bad ships in this game. I won't play it out of disgust how it ruins gameplay.

Thankfully WG slammed spreadsheets on the table and proofed that the ship is fine, balanced and that I was having fun. A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders when I saw the spreadsheets.

• Funny 1

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,362 battles
25 minutes ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

During testing WG was warned heavily about this ship being really bad for the meta and being ridiculously OP.

I have this ship in my garage. I played a few games and there is no doubt in my mind this is the pinnacle of bad ships in this game. I won't play it out of disgust how it ruins gameplay.

If you didn't have it in your port already, would your disgust be sufficient to stop you from getting it?

Players
214 posts
12,827 battles
10 minutes ago, BrinklyWollox said:

If you didn't have it in your port already, would your disgust be sufficient to stop you from getting it?

Difficult to say. I got it fairly early. I heard it was totally OP and so I should get it before they take it off the shop. I thought might need it for CB. Sadly its still being sold.

Now that it's in every game showing how bad it is for meta I have not touched it. WG is welcome to take it away from me by all means. Coal refund is fine for me.

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,362 battles
Just now, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Difficult to say. I got it fairly early. I heard it was totally OP and so I should get it before they take it off the shop. I might need it for CB. Sadly its still being sold.

Now that it's in every game showing how bad it is for meta I have not touched it. WG is welcome to take it away from me by all means. Coal refund is fine for me.

Fair's fair, you say you'd give it up in return for coal and you're not playing it in randoms but the fact that you got it because it was "totally OP" and you'd use it for CB tells me that despite your disgust, it's definitely worth getting.

Beta Tester
93 posts
4,971 battles

Actually i dont think Smolensk is that OP, at least compared to Atlanta or Flint really. Yeah, BBs are bad against it up Close because of overpens, but Cruisers and BBs at range are quite effective against Smolensk.

And besides i dont feel for burning BBs, there are too many of those around anyways.