You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VedranSeaWolf359

general reaserch XP benefits addon/rework with premium ships

27 comments in this topic

Players
32 posts

I always have feel that premium ships give too little for its price and that playing with it is almost waste of time if you don’t have in plan to convert ship XP into Free XP with doubloons.

So I suggest that Premium ships together with standard benefits also give 10% of general XP earned per battle into research tree which you mark as favorite example:

Now I try to get Iowa BB so I mark for XP bonus USA Battleship tree AND bonus XP will get North Carolina because it is current in R&D list which need to get XP to unlock higher tier ship.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,909 posts
4,359 battles

To be honest, it sounds... well, unnecessarily complicated for something that could be achieved in a simpler way.

A long way back I proposed that you could convert elite/premium ship exp to free exp for "free" by losing most of it. E.g. you could convert 100% of elite ship exp to free exp by using doubloons as now, or convert it at a conversion rate of, for example, 5% for free (IE convert 100 000 elite ship exp to 5000 free exp without paying doubloons).

• Cool 13

Players
545 posts
12,342 battles

Eh, it's already too easy for people to skip tiers and get to t10 after failing enough times in their Tirpitz so they can fxp through a line. No need to make it even easier for them to ruin games.

Apart from extra xp, you can also assign commanders to these ships without retraining and get extra commander xp (hence the trainer value), as well as additional credit and fxp gains. The point isn't to help you skip tiers (and by extention the learning experience), it's to help you grind credits and have better captains.

• Cool 5

[POI--]
Players
6,084 posts
7,325 battles

Premium ships already get good exp modifiers either inbuilt (Sims, lol) or due to prem camo and that translates directly into higher free exp.

58 minutes ago, VedranSeaWolf359 said:

I always have feel that premium ships give too little for its price and that playing with it is almost waste of time if you don’t have in plan to convert ship XP into Free XP with doubloons.

Did you ever consider buying and playing a premium ship just for, you know, the fun of it?

• Cool 1

[KRILL]
Players
52 posts
3,877 battles

I like the idea of makng this "dead" XP somewhat useful. And I understand that making it usable to skip Tiers isnt a good idea when it comes to overall player skills.

But what about making it tradeable for armory currency, like Coal or steel. At very high raters of course. 1 to 1000 or even 1 to 10k.

• Cool 2

Players
1,857 posts
20,881 battles

"deadxp":

sameolsameol....

coz it not beneits their bizz model. dat simple it really is. it won't happen. ever.

#1000threadsisnotngh

btw: such + on xp can be simply obtained for all ships by joining a fleet (with the buildings up).

Players
545 posts
12,342 battles
3 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

"deadxp":

sameolsameol....

coz it not beneits their bizz model. dat simple it really is. it won't happen. ever.

Pretty much. Right now you can covert that xp for doubloons, which costs real money. Why would they ever let you do it for free? I don't see it happening...

Players
1,857 posts
20,881 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Pretty much. Right now you can covert that xp for doubloons, which costs real money. Why would they ever let you do it for free? I don't see it happening...

even more while all silver ships ARE obtainable for free. it's just a matter of time. everything else on top is simple greed in whatever shape, no matter if now the company or the player.

[KAKE]
Players
1,909 posts
4,359 battles
4 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

coz it not beneits their bizz model.

That's not entirely correct, though. By making the exp stacked on premium ships less pointless, it would make premiums more attractive to buy. As for whether that's going to compensate for decreased income from sale of doubloons... well, that's a different matter. I don't know how popular it actually is to spend doubloons for converting free exp.

Regarding the argument that it's going to make it too easy to skip lines... well, that depends entirely on the conversion rate. At a guess, I have about 1 mill exp rotting away on assorted premium ships. So if we convert at a rate of 5%, that's 50k free exp. Enough to get past a couple of particularly annoying stock modules, but nothing really major. There are other economic factors in this game that have a far greater impact on the rate of progression.

• Cool 1

[KRILL]
Players
52 posts
3,877 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Maybe for the same Reason you can get coal for free. Right now you doing nothing other then trade XP (daily Container) for e.g. coal

Or just make it a "new Currency"  - as of lately, there are new currencys like in every Patch :-)

Sure it´s never going to happen, but one can dream, right?

[KAKE]
Players
1,909 posts
4,359 battles

Here's the thread I started on the subject way back when, by the way.

Players
1,857 posts
20,881 battles
10 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

That's not entirely correct, though. By making the exp stacked on premium ships less pointless, it would make premiums more attractive to buy. As for whether that's going to compensate for decreased income from sale of doubloons... well, that's a different matter. I don't know how popular it actually is to spend doubloons for converting free exp.

Regarding the argument that it's going to make it too easy to skip lines... well, that depends entirely on the conversion rate. At a guess, I have about 1 mill exp rotting away on assorted premium ships. So if we convert at a rate of 5%, that's 50k free exp. Enough to get past a couple of particularly annoying stock modules, but nothing really major. There are other economic factors in this game that have a far greater impact on the rate of progression.

...take a guess.... how often u read on forums rants about 300 matches t10 noobs? sometimes with linked info, like all available t8 prems on that account... and 300 matches in total... there lies ur answer. the prems are being sold anyways nowadays after they threw all idealism from the early days overboard ("gold other/rather slightly worse but not better than silver", "nothing prem above t8"....."NO SUBS" hehe.... next to fall is topping yammies calibre is my bet....).

btw: it's a noobtrap. conversion and benefitting from it rather is expensive in comparison to buy a ship with cash afaik....

it wont happen. this comes up like every 4 weeks at the least.... like since launch lol

[NWP]
Players
6,857 posts
7,643 battles
11 minutes ago, BananaMo said:

Maybe for the same Reason you can get coal for free. Right now you doing nothing other then trade XP (daily Container) for e.g. coal 

Its not like, you are getting Commander XP/Free XP for free while playing Premium ships. Not to mention, you can use any captain you like, and you earn more credits aswell.

Ive never been bothered by the "useless" XP i cumulated on Premium/Elite Ships. I liked to play them, that should be enough reward to play those ships.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,909 posts
4,359 battles
40 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

...take a guess.... how often u read on forums rants about 300 matches t10 noobs? sometimes with linked info, like all available t8 prems on that account...

What's interesting isn't how much noise those accounts create on the forums, but how large a percentage of the player base they actually make up.

I'm not saying there aren't whales who play as little as possible, use stupid amounts of doubloons to convert free exp and then go straight to high tiers. But I suspect those are fewer and further between than you think, and they don't generate near enough total income as to be a significant source.

And besides, do you think those players are going to be satisfied with a measly 5% conversion rate? They're still going to be spending doubloons anyway.

[-AP-]
Players
1,934 posts
4,814 battles

the grind in this game is already so easy and lenient, we really dont need to make it any simpler

Players
1,857 posts
20,881 battles
30 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

What's interesting isn't how much noise those accounts create on the forums, but how large a percentage of the player base they actually make up.

I'm not saying there aren't whales who play as little as possible, use stupid amounts of doubloons to convert free exp and then go straight to high tiers. But I suspect those are fewer and further between than you think, and they don't generate near enough total income as to be a significant source.

And besides, do you think those players are going to be satisfied with a measly 5% conversion rate? They're still going to be spending doubloons anyway.

hmm... given my personal xperience in here and ingame regarding that i suspect else. there we are. and wg. with their biz model.... so, as long nothing changes i suspect em gettin their share.

[WCWVE]
Players
927 posts
15,064 battles
5 hours ago, Uglesett said:

Think yourself lucky to only have 1m wasted XP that will cost you doubloons to currently convert 

I have all lines apart from the Italian cruisers from T1 through to T10 and I am sitting on in excess of 17.6 million experience that would cost me an extraordinary quantity of doubloons to convert (conversion table says 80668 doubloons or approximately £260.00)of which in excess of 11.55 million is on premium ships 

Players
32 posts

My option is that every rework (solution) which will resolve problem of collected premium ships XP on other ways expect conversion of it into free XP with doubloons and make it useful for most people (which don't have luxury that can buy doubloons with money for conversion) will make premium ships much more attractive to buy

Players
172 posts
4,361 battles
On 12/3/2019 at 1:54 PM, Captain_Newman said:

Do we know how many people actually do that though? I’ve looked at it before and it seems ludicrously expensive 

Players
545 posts
12,342 battles
10 hours ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Do we know how many people actually do that though? I’ve looked at it before and it seems ludicrously expensive 

You'd be surprised. If I had a cent for every time I went to check the profile of someone who performed particularly bad, then you see they basically have no stats for mid or low tiers, but have a very high amount of battles in something quite OP (kami, Belfast, or whatever). These are the people who converted so they can have the fxp to skip straight to t10 and make their teams happy indeed.

Players
172 posts
4,361 battles
45 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

You'd be surprised. If I had a cent for every time I went to check the profile of someone who performed particularly bad, then you see they basically have no stats for mid or low tiers, but have a very high amount of battles in something quite OP (kami, Belfast, or whatever). These are the people who converted so they can have the fxp to skip straight to t10 and make their teams happy indeed.

So they buy an OP premium, do a few hundred battles in it, then convert xp to go to t10 in a silver line? 

Players
545 posts
12,342 battles
11 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

So they buy an OP premium, do a few hundred battles in it, then convert xp to go to t10 in a silver line? 

Pretty much. They get to skip to t10, their team mates get to suffer, and WeeGee gets to laugh all the way to the bank. It's the bank part I doubt they'd be willing to give up...

Players
172 posts
4,361 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

Pretty much. They get to skip to t10, their team mates get to suffer, and WeeGee gets to laugh all the way to the bank. It's the bank part I doubt they'd be willing to give up...

Some people have far too much money and far too little brains lol.

WG could just lock all premiums to the equivalent level researches ships.

want to buy a t9 premium? 

great! Unlock ANY tier 9 and you can. that would help a fair bit probably. I have about 9m elite xp across my ships, I’m not going to pay the extortionate prices. IMO they should allow us to use it free, but with limitations on what it can be spent on.

Beta Tester
571 posts
10,097 battles

I think the question is here if people can agree what ratio to they want. Even if WG would offer 5% people will start complaining they are greedy bastards and it should be 10% and so on. There is no way for WG to benefit from it, one way or another.

What I do think is possible is to provide a coupon (yes, new kind in armory). That allows you to buy, I do not know, maybe 50k captain XP for 1mil regular XP. Then coupon will be renewed every half a year. You can adjust that or stop giving coupons if that hurts to much WG biz model.

• Cool 1