Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pzkpfwv1d

Coal/Steel/Containers from update 0.8.11.0

Snowflake Event rewards 2019 Anno Domini  

83 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. How many containers do you expect to ge from the update for T10 ships

• More than 30
    • 25 to 30
    • 20 to 24
    • 15 to 19
    • 10 to 14
    • Less than 10
    • None
  2. 3. How much steel do you expect to receive from the snowflakes event

• More than 8k
    • 7k to 7999
    • 6k to 6999
    • 5k to 5999
    • 4k to 4999
    • 3k to 3999
    • 2k to 2999
    • Less than 2K
  3. 4. How much coal do you expect to receive from the snowflake event

• More than 80000
    • 70000 to 79999
    • 60000 to 69999
    • 50000 to 59999
    • 40000 to 49999
    • 30000 to 39999
    • 20000 to 29999
    • Less than 20000

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/15/2020 at 11:33 PM

33 comments in this topic

[WCWVE]
Players
1,033 posts
16,582 battles

As we are nearing the new snowflake event I thought I would post a poll to see what people expect to receive from the event if they are able to play all the requisite battles

My personal expectations based on current port population are 

28 containers, 6875 steel and 73200 coal given that I am currently grinding my way through the Amalfi (I did not get it in the previous event) and I am also grinding my way through the coal requirement for the Thunderer and currently have approximately 46000 (even with the 25% discount token I will need 189000 which still leaves a shortfall of 70k coal to be acquired between now and the end of the snowflake event)

[SV]
Players
938 posts
12,816 battles
28 minutes ago, bigdoguk said:

Is it for t10 ships only,reason I ask I've been away from the game for a while.

snowflake for all ship above tier 5. for all 10s you get a special container!

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles

Well I did re-buy all T8 ships and now I'll be gathering credits for T9s. Ofc I'll sell the T8s to buy other T9s. Imho the amount of steel for premiums should be 100 per ship rather than 75...

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
3 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

That's some optimistic choices. Even with my 7k+ random games  (plus 2k+ coops and a few rankeds), I land in the second lowest bracket for steel and containers.

Well I know some guys playing for 4 years have 12-14 k battles. Not playing super lot ( unlike me with my 25k+ randoms only) so depends how much time you're playing. For veterans of this game - as like the wows birthday - it's a harvest time. 

[DAVY]
Players
2,845 posts
13,970 battles
4 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well I did re-buy all T8 ships and now I'll be gathering credits for T9s. Ofc I'll sell the T8s to buy other T9s. Imho the amount of steel for premiums should be 100 per ship rather than 75...

it might be, all we have so far is the PTS info, they have biased towards prems in the past events...

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,336 battles

I will not answer your poll as I have no reliable data how this event will look like.

We only have assumptions that does not have to be accurate.

In general I expect nothing, so anything that falls into my lap will be welcomed.

[WCWVE]
Players
1,033 posts
16,582 battles
5 hours ago, thisismalacoda said:

That's some optimistic choices. Even with my 7k+ random games  (plus 2k+ coops and a few rankeds), I land in the second lowest bracket for steel and containers.

The choices are not optimistic, there are ship collectors out there who will have every ship that has been introduced to the game, I am still short a few from the maximum and I have over 330 ships in port, some of the players will be approaching if not past the 350 ship mark

Players
889 posts
17,413 battles

Can someone post the expected rewards per ship? As a complete whale with everything unlocked and an unhealthy amount of premium ships I will be farming like crazy

[WCWVE]
Players
1,033 posts
16,582 battles
5 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Imho the amount of steel for premiums should be 100 per ship rather than 75...

The announcement in the developers blog only states 75 steel for T8 and T9 ships, if it is different for premiums, please provide source

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,265 posts
8,683 battles

Hello,

I'd wait for the patch announcement really. Any information before then should really come with a pinch of salt. Only thing you can be sure of is the christmas event will most likely be quite similar to previous years.

So for folks like I who have plenty of ships in their port, you can expect to spend a lot of time harvesting the rewards. I know a few people who've already been buying back T5+ ships. But what those rewards are strictly, wont be guaranteed until patch notes are out.

I personally am hoping to get enough for my Thunderer, Ohio and Somers. But I'm in no rush these days.

Kind regards, 

Minia

Players
1,055 posts
12,094 battles

Okay, if you have ALL ships in game including ALL reward and ALL premium ships, you'd still struggle to obtain wide over 29.999 coal, and with steel being 75 per tier 8-9 thats even a far more grim picture. 
There are 101 wiki pages on tier 9 ships, which will include double and non-released ships. 
8k steel is theoretically impossible as such (101*75=7575). 
While 7k seems practically undoable already. 

As for tier Xs, i myself have a good number by now and hope to add the smolensk pretty soon- at the very latest during update 0.8.11 week 1. 

I just realized my total of tier Xs will cross the 10- just, while i filled in below 10, but hey

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

The announcement in the developers blog only states 75 steel for T8 and T9 ships, if it is different for premiums, please provide source

I said that it should be higher for premiums. Unfortunately it's not. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
48 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Hello,

I'd wait for the patch announcement really. Any information before then should really come with a pinch of salt. Only thing you can be sure of is the christmas event will most likely be quite similar to previous years.

So for folks like I who have plenty of ships in their port, you can expect to spend a lot of time harvesting the rewards. I know a few people who've already been buying back T5+ ships. But what those rewards are strictly, wont be guaranteed until patch notes are out.

I personally am hoping to get enough for my Thunderer, Ohio and Somers. But I'm in no rush these days.

Kind regards, 

Minia

What has Ohio here to do with that? It's for RB points, you have to grind it.... 

Players
1,809 posts
15,364 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

I said that it should be higher for premiums. Unfortunately it's not. 

Yes, but

48 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

And that is quite correct, last year iirc there were changes between the first mention of the event and the official announcement. It may very well be that premiums give slightly more, that kind of stuff was unclear until a few days before the event last time.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,265 posts
8,683 battles
39 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

What has Ohio here to do with that? It's for RB points, you have to grind it.... 

Because resetting a line during the christmas event and grinding through it can be quite profitable for some of us.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,485 posts
15,938 battles

HI all,

2 hours ago, Freyr_90 said:

Can someone post the expected rewards per ship? As a complete whale with everything unlocked and an unhealthy amount of premium ships I will be farming like crazy

You can check my thread from last month for that info:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
938 posts
12,816 battles
1 hour ago, CptMinia said:

Hello,

Kind regards, 

Minia

ohio is research points have nothing to do with this event..................

(edited nvm saw it got answerd)

Players
5,979 posts
11,604 battles

Unfortunately all the fields are required, but I have no idea how much coal I am gonna get.

I have over 200 ships sitting in my port right now and since I already am close to getting enough for Thunderer even without a coupon, I don't care enough to have to go through all my ships to count.

I did calculate the amount of steel and I expect something between 4k and 5k.

I expect between 20 to 24 of the tier 10 containers.

Players
889 posts
17,413 battles

Since I actually deal with data for a living I made a quick spreadsheet (with some assumptions, namely the coal bonus distribution and premium ships giving the same amount of coal/steel). Spreadsheet says I will be having fun 

Tier No. Ships Coal Steel   Expected Total
T10 33 0 0   Containers 33
T9 27 0 75   Steel 5692.50
T8 42 0 75   Coal 60885
T7 37 750 0      
T6 40 500 0      
T5 19 400 0      

Clan Bonus modifier          
Steel Coal          
1.1 1.1          
Edited by Freyr_90
clarification

[WCWVE]
Players
1,033 posts
16,582 battles
9 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

Since I actually deal with data for a living I made a quick spreadsheet (with some assumptions, namely the coal bonus distribution and premium ships giving the same amount of coal/steel). Spreadsheet says I will be having fun 

Tier No. Ships Coal Steel   Expected Total
T10 33 0 0   Containers 33
T9 27 0 75   Steel 5692.50
T8 42 0 75   Coal 60885
T7 37 750 0      
T6 40 500 0      
T5 19 400 0      

Clan Bonus modifier          
Steel Coal          
1.1 1.1          

My ships are as follows: -

28 T10 ships, (I might get more by the end of the event or the containers might contain ships)

31 T9 ships (currently working through the grind for T9 Italian Cruiser, still need 110k experience)

54 T8 ships

48 T7 ships

46 T6 ships

43 T5 ships

Total currently 250 T5 + ships

Clan bonus modifier steel - 0% coal 20%, my figures are for base amount so an extra 15k coal can be added to my total 

Players
889 posts
17,413 battles
1 minute ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Clan bonus modifier steel - 0% coal 20%, my figures are for base amount so an extra 15k coal can be added to my total 

Wait, what are the max values for clan base modifiers? Isn't 10% the max?

Sign in to follow this