Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
XDMeloniXD

I can't decide what to get

Which one to get  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Scharnhorst VS Atlanta (which is more fun/ better)

• Scharnhorst
    • Atlanta
    • Save my doubloons and use on something else

4 comments in this topic

[1701]
Players
89 posts
8,633 battles

I have enough doubloons + a cupon, making me able to get ships that normally cost 11,000 doubloons, but I was eyeing the scharnhorst or atlanta, but not sure what to get, or should I get some other ship, or just save``?

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,131 posts
21,904 battles

No idea without knowing what you like to play. Both are good ships and fun to play. I prefer the Atlanta just like I prefer the Colbert to Ohio.

If you like Seattle, Helena, Cleveland you will like Atlanta. The IFHE captain skill is more important than concealment though it's best to have both.

If you like high tier german cruisers you will like the Scharnhorst. Solid and tanky hull, very fast ship, decent guns which will be buffed with the next patch (all german BBs get a bit better dispersion). AP blaps cruisers, against BBs it's better to shoot HE unless they give full broadside.

• Cool 1

Players
10,117 posts
11,884 battles

Both are excellent in Narai and both are powercrept in randoms. Low accuracy BB with guns not having penetration nor overmatch can be... trying at times, even more so when compared to Lyon (having similar small caliber and questionable accuracy, but getting things done by sheer weight of broadside) and Sinop, which in turn renders most T7 battleships obsolete anyway.

Atlanta needs dedicated captain and highly leveled at 18 points at that to get the most out of her, while Helena performs the same "HE spam from island safety" task better and being less captain skill intensive as well being less glass when fired upon.

From "good" ships within your price range I can recommend Cossack, UK tier 8 DD and Haida, Commonwealth tier 7 DD. Very powerful ships, especially when playing for the objective and contesting caps as they outspot and outgun most destroyers. They suffer from usual ailments caused by CV REEEwork tho.

[-OY-]
Players
92 posts

I don‘t have the Atlanta yet, but i highly recommend the Scharnhorst. But it might take a „few“ games to get used to it. 

I don‘t get used to it now because of MM (mostly bottom tier) and my aggressive gameplay but i like this ship. 

Also note, Atlanta does never prefer aggressive playing. 

Sign in to follow this