You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bikes02

Just reinstalled after 1 year away

47 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles

Hi all, as titled, I have just reinstalled the game after a year away. Have I missed much and has the meta changed in any way. Thanks in advance of any any replies.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Beta Tester
1,580 posts
17,578 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, bikes02 sagte:

Hi all, as titled, I have just reinstalled the game after a year away. Have I missed much and has the meta changed in any way. Thanks in advance of any any replies.

Please use the forum search as a similar question was asked a few days ago.

Also look at the patch notes on WG web site.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[LUZ1]
Players
741 posts
12,022 battles
9 minutes ago, bikes02 said:

Welcome back and have fun.

CV rework is exercising most people, HE spam by Smolensk and patato playstyle by camping ships.

• Cool 2

Players
3,368 posts
10 minutes ago, bikes02 said:

Do the right thing, save yourself the pain and misery, quickly uninstall again:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'll just have to dip my big toe into the water and see what it's like :Smile_teethhappy:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,939 posts
5,356 battles
1 minute ago, bikes02 said:

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'll just have to dip my big toe into the water and see what it's like :Smile_teethhappy:

Hope your big toe survives the dip.:Smile_Default:

• Funny 3

[NAN0]
Players
253 posts
1,871 battles

here's a quick break down:

As a BB player, smolensks and colberts are out to get you, set you on fire and cook you until you are crispy.

Hakuryu will throw a cheeky torp your way, so will Audacious. Midway......don't see much of it.

As a Cruiser player, well....^

As a DD player, CVs out to crap on you with their rocket planes, Saipan is probably the one that poses the least threat to you. Shokaku will crap on you, lexi is manageable, kaga will crap on you no matter how many planes are killed, enterprise....blame MM. Graf...is weird.

Radars and hydros are everywhere, usually at least 2 per game.

French DDs are annoying to fight, speedy buggers.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Hope your big toe survives the dip.:Smile_Default:

Hahaha me too my friend, me too!!

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
2 minutes ago, kiteohatto said:

here's a quick break down:

As a BB player, smolensks and colberts are out to get you, set you on fire and cook you until you are crispy.

Hakuryu will throw a cheeky torp your way, so will Audacious. Midway......don't see much of it.

As a Cruiser player, well....^

As a DD player, CVs out to crap on you with their rocket planes, Saipan is probably the one that poses the least threat to you. Shokaku will crap on you, lexi is manageable, kaga will crap on you no matter how many planes are killed, enterprise....blame MM. Graf...is weird.

Radars and hydros are everywhere, usually at least 2 per game.

French DDs are annoying to fight, speedy buggers.

Thanks for the quick breakdown....wait....what....rocket planes! :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Whatever you will play, salt will follow.

Really, never used to be like this back in the day....Oh well, good job I have thick skin 

[SM0KE]
Players
5,835 posts
14,080 battles
25 minutes ago, bikes02 said:

Have I missed much

Did clans have bases the last time you played (I can't remember when they were introduced)?

If not, it's worth joining a clan with a well developed base - it'll give you useful economic bonuses...

• Cool 1

Players
10,097 posts
11,861 battles

Thanks for the quick breakdown....wait....what....rocket planes! :Smile_hiding:

Ones with high salt content, when you play DDs or cruisers.

"rocket planes" as in fighters equipped with unguided rockets for touching underage ships, not with rocket boosters to buzz around the map

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Did clans have bases the last time you played (I can't remember when they were introduced)?

If not, it's worth joining a clan with a well developed base - it'll give you useful economic bonuses...

I can't really remember if clans had bases. I seem to remember that coal and other stuff had just come out or was coming out when I stopped playing.

• Cool 1

Players
10,097 posts
11,861 battles

I can't really remember if clans had bases. I seem to remember that coal and other stuff had just come out or was coming out when I stopped playing.

Now clans can build "bases" to give its members various economic benefits. Coal and Steel became somewhat important currencies for hightier "reward" or "premium" ships, depending if one in question can be bought directly from the store.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

unguided rockets

So there is a chance they could miss you I guess then. I'm surprised WG didn't go for radar guided rockets :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Now clans can build "bases" to give its members various economic benefits. Coal and Steel became somewhat important currencies for hightier "reward" or "premium" ships, depending if one in question can be bought directly from the store.

Ah right ok, many thanks for the info.

Players
10,097 posts
11,861 battles
Just now, bikes02 said:

So there is a chance they could miss you I guess then. I'm surprised WG didn't go for radar guided rockets :Smile_veryhappy:

You as surface pleb can only pray for carrier being an idiot, as effectiveness of the carrier is solely depending on carrier player. No worthwhile counterplay for you I'm afraid.

Given 80% of the carrier players can't hit beached BB with any kind of ordnance at their disposal and 15% will be a considerable nuisance spotting you. Last 5% will let you discover whole new meaning of "fun and engaging game mechanics".

• Cool 3

Players
7,156 posts
245 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You as surface pleb can only pray for carrier being an idiot, as effectiveness of the carrier is solely depending on carrier player. No worthwhile counterplay for you I'm afraid.

Given 80% of the carrier players can't hit beached BB with any kind of ordnance at their disposal and 15% will be a considerable nuisance spotting you. Last 5% will let you discover whole new meaning of "fun and engaging game mechanics".

Had the last 5% in my monarch both team had pretty gud carriers with 11 kills between them, unfortuantley they had lexi and we had infatable so we lost.

Shot down the most planes thanks to fighters lol.

Oh and welcome back mate! im just taking a break myself, but i hope the game doesn't make you want to fling keyboard into next universe.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
3 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Oh and welcome back mate! im just taking a break myself, but i hope the game doesn't make you want to fling keyboard into next universe.

Thanks, looks like I best stock up on some new keyboards then haha. Thanks for the info.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

@bikes02 pity you chose to opt out of PM’s, but here is a code that gives some free stuff like ships, crates, premium time if you haven’t played more than 15 battles since returning.

• Cool 1

Players
7,156 posts
245 battles

Thanks, looks like I best stock up on some new keyboards then haha. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, in terms of ranked it does seem pretty bad. But i guess the rewards might make it worth while.

Also new pueto rico tier 10 prem event, where you build the ship by doing stuff and collecting tokens and spend doubloons to speed it all up, but expect it too be a massive grind.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
8 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

@bikes02 pity you chose to opt out of PM’s, but here is a code that gives some free stuff like ships, crates, premium time if you haven’t played more than 15 battles since returning.

@MrFingers Thanks my friend, just used the code. I've not played any games yet as I only just reinstalled the game before coming on the forum.

Beta Tester
146 posts
2,302 battles
10 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

but expect it too be a massive grind.

Seem's to be WG policy nowadays. I'll just ease my way back into the game to get a feel of things before I decide whether to do massive grinds or not.

• Cool 1