You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

Just to be sure.......

17 comments in this topic

Players
3,352 posts

This is ship specific, in this case the Lenin, which I like, because I like the Nelson too, when tanking bow on, (the Lenin does seem awfully good at this) and dueling with other BB's who are naturally at an angle, is it best to aim for the superstructures, as opposed to the bows, just to be sure like.

[CATS]
Players
27,242 posts
14,525 battles

Depends on the ship.

When you can overtmach the bow, aim at the bow.

When you cannot, aim at the superstructure.

Players
3,863 posts
11,333 battles

Are you NoobySkooby by chance? He used to create topics for ever little question.

Also consider loading HE in those cases. 

• Funny 1

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

This is ship specific, in this case the Lenin, which I like, because I like the Nelson too, when tanking bow on, (the Lenin does seem awfully good at this) and dueling with other BB's who are naturally at an angle, is it best to aim for the superstructures, as opposed to the bows, just to be sure like.

Almost always the superstructure, while you may face kgv’s and colorados plus tier 6’s most bb’s have bow armour thick enough to ricochet rounds in general. HE is fine too use on bow tanked ships but using ap reduces their effective heal pool. Mixture is good if you have expert loader.

just beware if they decide to broadside for whatever reason. Usually HE is good on bow tanking ships.

• Cool 1

Players
3,352 posts
Just now, CptBarney said:

Almost always the superstructure, while you may face kgv’s and colorados plus tier 6’s most bb’s have bow armour thick enough to ricochet rounds in general. HE is fine too use on bow tanked ships but using ap reduces their effective heal pool. Mixture is good if you have expert loader.

just beware if they decide to broadside for whatever reason. Usually HE is good on bow tanking ships.

Or burning down there repair parties, I tend to switch between the two, but yes I never sem lucky enough to get a full broadside ship, I ask as last night my final battle was me vs and NC and a Vlad, died in the end and as was very tired not playing at my best but was taking quite some chunks out of their HP damn we need more potatoes in the game, lol

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
8 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Or smack superstructure with AP, overpens ignore damage saturation anyway, so you can surprisingly consistently chip hp that way. And knock some front guns out when you're at it:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Or burning down there repair parties, I tend to switch between the two, but yes I never sem lucky enough to get a full broadside ship, I ask as last night my final battle was me vs and NC and a Vlad, died in the end and as was very tired not playing at my best but was taking quite some chunks out of their HP damn we need more potatoes in the game, lol

Yeah, its always best to focus the one with the lowest hp and the closest (probs priotize the closest unless the other ship is one very low hp).

i managed to tank an iowa, neotune, vlad and bismarck in my monarch (survived killed neptune and vlad and lost the game yay lol).

i find it surprising when they do turn broadside unless they find it too comfortable when i send HE their way so take the chance unless they run into a bb with expert loader.

• Cool 1

Players
3,352 posts
11 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Are you NoobySkooby by chance? He used to create topics for ever little question.

Also consider loading HE in those cases. 

Aha, sorry you never got the memo regarding my name change, but yes it is me in disguise, lol

• Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
738 posts
11,962 battles

Maybe silly question, but with dispersion as it as, how do you manage to aim at specific parts of ships (and hit). My experience is I just fart in their general direction and pray for the best.

Players
671 posts
10,218 battles
2 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

My experience is I just fart in their general direction and pray for the best.

Yes, that is called "aiming" when in a battleship.

[LUZ1]
Players
738 posts
11,962 battles
6 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Yes, that is called "aiming" when in a battleship.

Then the whole 'aim at' discussion is moot, because hitting what you aim for is RNG.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,242 posts
14,525 battles
6 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Then the whole 'aim at' discussion is moot, because hitting what you aim for is RNG.

When you aim behind the ship, you will probably hit nothing.

When you aim at the waterline, your chances of hitting there increase over hitting there when you aim at the superstrcuture.

[LUZ1]
Players
738 posts
11,962 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When you aim behind the ship, you will probably hit nothing.

When you aim at the waterline, your chances of hitting there increase over hitting there when you aim at the superstrcuture.

Well that's more about leading your aim, which imho also makes it rather difficult to aim at specific areas of the ship.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles
Just now, Camperdown said:

Well that's more about leading your aim, which imho also makes it rather difficult to aim at specific areas of the ship.

But leading is still a part on the whole aim aspect, so while RNG is a factor on BB's it is possible to fight against it and potentially overcome with good prediction, target lead and knowing what parts of a ship you can pen and thus want your shots to land. All of these factors IMO is part of the whole aiming process and can't exclusively be blamed at poor RNG.

[CATS]
Players
27,242 posts
14,525 battles
4 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

That is where skill comes in.

There is reason some players have a higher hit rating than others and there is a reason that players with the same hit rating can do much different damage.

• Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
738 posts
11,962 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

That is where skill comes in.

There is reason some players have a higher hit rating than others and there is a reason that players with the same hit rating can do much different damage.

Thinking about it a bit more: yeah, if you are shooting at BBs it does make some sense. Big slow moving targets is a different proposition than targeting specific parts of a DD at 10 km.

I am a DD main, so slow slugging matches are not my primary experience.