You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Thracen

Double CVs at tier 8 is a nightmare.

112 comments in this topic

Players
122 posts
1,661 battles
9 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Are you serious about that statement ? If yes I doubt you know how to play this game ... there's a LOT you can do to avoid being shot at and again some to avoid being hit ... it's called positioning ... no positioning can help you avoid CV attention ....

Even more so.... if you have a CV reconnoitering for a squad of cruisers, especially with rocket planes, you are simply done for. Before you even know anything, you are blabbed by multiple salvos. Half your health gone. If you go for your smoke, they will just spam it or wait until the smoke is gone. 

IMHO playing a DD should be more fun than throwing up the smoke as soon as you see an airplane.... 

• Cool 1

Players
277 posts
6,278 battles

i had a 9 vs 9  Tier 8 battle today with 2cvs per team....yeah that MM is certainly fuxed....i mean fixed....oh and spreadsheet said we all had fun

[CATS]
Players
21,165 posts
12,907 battles
3 minutes ago, Thracen said:

7.5k a strike on dds is also simply abusive.

Cruiser can strike you for more...

Torps can strike you for more...

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
567 posts
12,350 battles
7 hours ago, Phayk said:

What? Do you not play the game?

I can counter incoming damage by angling myself, dodging shells at higher ranges, killing the source of the shells (even working together with my team to focus-fire them), popping consumables, shooting above islands etc. If you read closely, you'll realize that none of that helps against carriers.

The way you formulated this, it sounds like you're one of those guys driving into a cap, guns blazing with a Tirpitz only to complain about all the crybabies in your team who need to man up because you died in 2 seconds.

Ok we have a Worcester sitting behind island. Angling doesn't help, your too close to dodge, you can't kill the source because island, your repair gets on cd, can't outheal the fires.

I can: dodge incoming plane attacks, benefit from nearby ships AA, use DFAA, zone AA. And there is time between CV attacks so i can prepare for the next one. 

I'm doing pretty well with my Tirpitz, thank you.

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
567 posts
12,350 battles
35 minutes ago, Thracen said:

7.5k a strike on dds is also simply abusive.

I jusr did a 12k salvo on a DD with my Venezia :Smile_veryhappy:

[P-W-C]
Players
5,863 posts
29,598 battles
2 hours ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

First day of patch 0.8.10 and I was playing cv. There was a guy that free exp to Venezia. I spotted a shima, 21k hp. Wanted to strike her. Then boom she's gone. Venezia dev strike first blood xD. Damn I thought . Crazy. 21k salvo as he said on chat. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
3,690 posts
19,846 battles
19 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

Used to be that CV players needed to learn just one thing - which ships are no fly zones they should avoid. You know, kind of like DD's need to learn spotting ranges, which ships have radar, what the durations and ranges are, who has hydro, how does spotting work etc. Or how BB's have to learn about angling and armor profile and what they overmatch. Stuff like that. CV's just had to learn which few ships to avoid but this proved too much of a challenge for them, so WG went and nerfed AA so now everything can be dropped. DefAA is a joke atm.

You are being plain rude m8, I was never CV main but I played all the classes in RTS times as well and I remember when the rework was announced and tested and do you know how many people playing cvs somewhat regularly wanted this type of rework? Basically none, how about that? So much for challenge in learning the AA ranges...

What gave birth to this BS we are having nowadays was the inability of potatoes to learn strafing and esp counter-strafing which made them get shut down by anyone with at least half a brain that has bothered to practice a bit in coop before going all out in force to show the world their new free xp-ed midway/haku, what it lead to was first the T4 and 5 had their manual attacks removed and then this mess arrived, a system in which there is no direct active counter play of one cv vs other...

Players
66 posts
2,816 battles
4 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

First day of patch 0.8.10 and I was playing cv. There was a guy that free exp to Venezia. I spotted a shima, 21k hp. Wanted to strike her. Then boom she's gone. Venezia dev strike first blood xD. Damn I thought . Crazy. 21k salvo as he said on chat. 

SAP hurts anything without much armor, problem is when you have with much armor since the burnination option doesnt exist for the Pasta cruisers, I suspect if Roma had SAP it would be a very scary ship.

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
On 12/2/2019 at 1:00 AM, ColonelPete said:

Yes, a nightmare. Even in a DD without significant AA I can only do 1500 base XP without sinking...

shot-19_11.22_12_14.17-0019.thumb.jpg.a0c81fe2d5f4420899b78b923648dfa6.jpg

And these matches became increasingly rare the last couple of months. What was WG thinking?

WG apologistis fast to defend the broken mehchanics again. At this point I am not even surprised ColonelPete, perhaps even Flamu who is 3rd best dd  player on Russian server, and certainly one of the very best all around is clueless when it comes to CVs. His constant feedback on Cvs being broken is just in his head or just not good enough as you Mr.Pete. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
21,165 posts
12,907 battles
1 hour ago, rilship said:

WG apologistis fast to defend the broken mehchanics again. At this point I am not even surprised ColonelPete, perhaps even Flamu who is 3rd best dd  player on Russian server, and certainly one of the very best all around is clueless when it comes to CVs. His constant feedback on Cvs being broken is just in his head or just not good enough as you Mr.Pete. 

For a certain kind of player, everything is broken, unplayable or a nightmare. They cannot imagine that some people can see problems more differentiated.

And if you listened to more competent CV players, you would know that they consider the vast majority of the small CV playerbase as incompetent. Meaning, you should not have problems with them, when you know how to play your ship.

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
10 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

For a certain kind of player, everything is broken, unplayable or a nightmare. They cannot imagine that some people can see problems more differentiated.

And if you listened to more competent CV players, you would know that they consider the vast majority of the small CV playerbase as incompetent. Meaning, you should not have problems with them, when you know how to play your ship.

Again hot word soup, thank you Colonel! Seems the exact soup WG  gives the community :) "For a certain kind of player, everything is broken, unplayable or a nightmare" I am quoting one of teh best players in Wows Flamu, Flambass etc. Are you even reading or you just quick to give me the hot word soup, after all its winter :) Man, I really wish WG is treating you nice you deserve it comrade! 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
7,305 posts
7,940 battles
21 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Nah, those cant strike you at will, thats the difference. Ive killed DDs literally at the 1 minute mark. No Cruiser or Torpedo can do that.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,785 posts
438 battles
On 12/2/2019 at 12:48 AM, lovelacebeer said:

Certainly isn't fun that's for sure but hope you have had better luck than me with your CV players. 

My teams CVs usually either go AFK/ rage quit or deliberately team kill, and it's been like that over and over this past week. 

Why the heck would CV rage quit? 

Hardcap on 1 is good solution. After certain time - exit MM. Try again cv or other class. 

• Cool 1

Players
4,163 posts
7,592 battles
21 hours ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Did you spot the DD yourself?

[CATS]
Players
21,165 posts
12,907 battles
29 minutes ago, rilship said:

Again hot word soup, thank you Colonel! Seems the exact soup WG  gives the community :) "For a certain kind of player, everything is broken, unplayable or a nightmare" I am quoting one of teh best players in Wows Flamu, Flambass etc. Are you even reading or you just quick to give me the hot word soup, after all its winter :) Man, I really wish WG is treating you nice you deserve it comrade! 

And I am quoting one of the best, if not THE best, CV player on the EU server....

And Flamu is a drama queen, as most of the WoWs playerbase.

*paint gets scratched*

"I am sinking! Help me!"

Players
924 posts
16,160 battles
32 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Why the heck would CV rage quit? 

Hardcap on 1 is good solution. After certain time - exit MM. Try again cv or other class. 

It is depressingly common to see rage quitting from CV players lately, mostly they either do a quick flyby then go or openly say in chat too many cruisers they are leaving. 

Im just playing scenarios mainly to avoid having to deal with CV players on my team, but I agree a hard cap of 1 is certainly necessary 

Players
149 posts
815 battles
On 12/2/2019 at 5:45 AM, Thracen said:

Yup this is toxic. Miserable and the worst experience I have had in world of warships since I last tried tier 3, where I found myself with a ship with no AA none at all against two CVs. It is frankly beyond my imagination to see why this is deemed acceptable?

try 3 CV.

when playing tier 3 without AA, I relatively often get into battles with 3 CV.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,908 posts
10,304 battles
On 12/2/2019 at 2:26 PM, Capra76 said:

But then CV players don't even need to be good to have a huge effect on how the game plays out, their mere presence dictates what other ships can do.

RIP that one T8 DD who's life I ruined in a T6 CV by keeping him either spotted, or locked in his smoke to be torpedoed for about 5 minutes in a row.

I truly laugh at people who argued that the rework lowered CVs' ability to spot.
It concentrated it on a single point, and made it even more annoying.

Seriously, you'll have a hard time finding a game that forced such a radically unwelcome change into a game within mere months of making it public.
I could argue that CVs were flawed but fixable in the RTS iteration, but this? 
Jesus, I started the RN CV branch last week and I feel awful about myself.

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
97 posts
7,974 battles
12 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

It is depressingly common to see rage quitting from CV players lately, mostly they either do a quick flyby then go or openly say in chat too many cruisers they are leaving. 

Im just playing scenarios mainly to avoid having to deal with CV players on my team, but I agree a hard cap of 1 is certainly necessary 

I agree with the hard cap idea but regarding rage quitting CV players I personally see no evidence of this 

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,869 posts
5,042 battles
On 12/2/2019 at 11:05 PM, ColonelPete said:

Its nice you can do 1500 base Exp if the Enemy CV just was a Potato and Ignored you.

If that CV had been me you would have been Spotted and Dead pretty fast.

Cruiser can Strike you for more.

Yes that is True.

Cruiser however also has to reveal his Position to Strike you and will thus be in Range of being Struck by your BBs.

CV doesnt need to be in any kind of Range. He can Spot for himsels and Strike without anyone knowing where is.

And he can keep doing it till your Dead without ever knowing where he even was and with no way for you to even Escape or take Cover.

Torps can strike you for more.

Yes also True.

But Torps also tend to be something coming from a certain Enemy Ship and thus Direction. And can be Evaded.

In fact most Torps can be Evaded by simply not Driving in a Straight line for several Minutes....

Because if someone is close enough to Torp you without you effectively only needing to change Speed once in a minute to make them entirely useless. He will usually also be in Range of you and will have to Risk being Deleted....

A CV can Drop Torps right on you. With little to no way to evade them. And worse. If the CV isnt a Noob. He can actually use these Torpedoes to force a Choice upon you. If you want to Drive Broadside to his Team and instead Eat the Full Torpedo Salvo.

A Good DD WITH SMOKE will Survive about 7 minutes against my CV assuming he doesnt need to worry about being Fired upon by anyone else and has no other Goals aside from Surviving.

And thats a Good DD Player who knows perfectly how to make Life hard for a CV working in an Environment that you never actually get in a Random Game.

Sorry Man. But unlike a Cruiser and Torps. A CV is something you cant do anything about as a DD unless of course your part of the People saying that you should just throw the Game and stay near your BBs for AA Protection....

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
21,165 posts
12,907 battles
21 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Its nice you can do 1500 base Exp if the Enemy CV just was a Potato and Ignored you.

If that CV had been me you would have been Spotted and Dead pretty fast.

Since the rework, NO CV player has sunk any of my DD quickly, not even in the first weeks.

As written again and again, CV player that good are rare.

[ROPS]
Players
70 posts
6,041 battles
On 12/2/2019 at 12:45 AM, Thracen said:

Yup this is toxic. Miserable and the worst experience I have had in world of warships since I last tried tier 3, where I found myself with a ship with no AA none at all against two CVs. It is frankly beyond my imagination to see why this is deemed acceptable?

but u have unlimited reports now, u can always report cv's :Smile_coin:

Players
924 posts
16,160 battles
1 hour ago, stormchaser said:

I agree with the hard cap idea but regarding rage quitting CV players I personally see no evidence of this 

Lucky you is all I can say, im reporting them too the support people because it really ruins the fun of game.