Sign in to follow this  
ivobonev

How to switch WoW region in the Wargaming.net Game Center

6 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
14 battles

I am from Europe, I have an EU account and have been playing WoT for years. I decided to install and try WoW and try it. When I try to launch it I get an error that it's an North American client and I need to log in with NA account. It doesn't make sense since I am in EU, I have an EU account logged in when I installed WoW. How do I force the client to switch to EU since installing gets the NA one?

Players
1 post
645 battles

i accidentaly downloaded na server launcher but my acc is on eu server so now i need to fking download game again? wtf is that cant they fking add function to change region? wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff im so angry

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,801 posts
14,068 battles

You need a separate install of the client for each region you want to use an account from; it's fairly easy to organise via the Game Centre, but I agree that not being able to run several regions from one install is irritating.

Presumably, there are some subtle differences between, say, the NA and EU versions of the game (and we all know about China - ? - with the continued survival of the RTS CVs).

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

Yup, each region has its own install.

First, click on your name, then again, on your name to make sure you have the right account to play on the server you want...

For me, Its Kiwi1960 on the NA server.... or Kiwi1960 on the EU server.... THEN, click on the server.... and select the one you want, either NA or EU....

Warning you now, I have all 4 servers.... a 2 gig update amounts to 8 gigs over all all for server... make sure you have space...

• Cool 2

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
15 hours ago, dachi_90 said:

i accidentaly downloaded na server launcher but my acc is on eu server so now i need to fking download game again? wtf is that cant they fking add function to change region? wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff im so angry

There are regional difference.... on the NA server, you can use four letter words in chat, on the EU server, you cannot... the NA server has prices in US dollars, EU in Euros...

Times are relevant to the server you're playing.... obviously....

and the Russian game launcher is TOTALLY in Russian.... :)

You can ADD other servers to the game launcher.... but yes, you need to install each regional game you want to play on. EU or NA or both.

• Cool 1

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles

There have also been differences in the ships one can get. Since I post screenshots on DeviantArt (62Guy), I made accounts on both this server and the NA to get shots of ships I otherwise couldn't.:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this