Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMechano

With the RN CA changes how are you feeling about them now?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

The main changes currently in supertesting on the tier 9 and 10 are, to summaries:

1) Increased Reload:

This is trade off for the next thing.

2) 1/4 pen on their HE:

57mm of pen without IFHE and over 70mm of pen with IFHE meaning not even the RU BBs would be safe...plus you could citadel a Smol...maybe..not sure on that one.

3) Same super heal as the CLs:

This is the trade off for them getting the 25mm nose where most heavy cruisers get 27mm IIRC.

 

From what I can see the CCs have generally received this changes well and it takes the line from an 'eh maybe' to an 'actually interesting'.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,404 posts
9,218 battles
26 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

57mm of pen without IFHE and over 70mm of pen with IFHE meaning not even the RU BBs would be safe...plus you could citadel a Smol...maybe..not sure on that one.

With that dpm, Hindenburg and even Yoshino just do the job better. Also, the range isn't great for farming Kremlin, when it can in return just crap on you. Part of why Henri is the go-to Stalingrad/moskva counter over Hindenburg is the range and mobility advantage, given that just from the point of taking hits and dpm, the Hindenburg is better if not far better than Henri. Goliath is not going to beat Hindenburg meaningfully in mobility.

29 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

3) Same super heal as the CLs:

This is the trade off for them getting the 25mm nose where most heavy cruisers get 27mm IIRC.

Heavy (and superheavy) cruisers with 27 mm plating at T8+: Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen, Roon, Hindenburg, Baltimore, Wichita, Buffalo, Alaska, Des Moines, Salem, Puerto Rico, for a total of 11, 12 if Siegfried gets released at some point too.

Heavy (and superheavy) cruisers with 25 mm plating at T8+: Charles Martel, Saint Louis, Henri IV, Mogami, Atago, Ibuki, Azuma, Zao, Yoshino, Dmitri Donskoi, Kronshtadt, Moskva, Stalingrad, for a total of 13, 14 if that weirdo PA Charles Martel knock-off gets counted.

 

So, no, most heavy cruisers don't get 27 mm plating. That still is limited to 2 lines out of 5 that get heavy cruisers. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
1 minute ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

With that dpm, Hindenburg and even Yoshino just do the job better. Also, the range isn't great for farming Kremlin, when it can in return just crap on you. Part of why Henri is the go-to Stalingrad/moskva counter over Hindenburg is the range and mobility advantage, given that just from the point of taking hits and dpm, the Hindenburg is better if not far better than Henri. Goliath is not going to beat Hindenburg meaningfully in mobility.

Well the they do get the Superheal though which is a fair trade off IMO, means you can be a touch more risky in them plus 12.2km detection range which isn't bad, it's no Zao but it's not Super Cruiser bad. I'd say that she'd be on par with the Hindenburg overall which is decent, it's not bad, it's not great, just decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,404 posts
9,218 battles
8 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

Well the they do get the Superheal though which is a fair trade off IMO, means you can be a touch more risky in them plus 12.2km detection range which isn't bad, it's no Zao but it's not Super Cruiser bad. I'd say that she'd be on par with the Hindenburg overall which is decent, it's not bad, it's not great, just decent.

Have you seen the citadel on these things? You basically get overmatched through an extremity and citpenned. Yes, you can get some funny bounces at times, but these are not ships where you take super risky plays, as you might just go poof and be dead.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
32 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Have you seen the citadel on these things? You basically get overmatched through an extremity and citpenned. Yes, you can get some funny bounces at times, but these are not ships where you take super risky plays, as you might just go poof and be dead.

True. Still my personal opinion on them is that currently they're OK, not bad, not great, just OK, the 1/4 pen and the super heal are certainly buffs over the 2nd iteration of them where they got neither of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,404 posts
9,218 battles
2 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

True. Still my personal opinion on them is that currently they're OK, not bad, not great, just OK, the 1/4 pen and the super heal are certainly buffs over the 2nd iteration of them where they got neither of those.

They already had super heal. Buffs just increased restoration amount, so that instead of being like Salem they are more like Mino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
10,358 posts
9,122 battles

I already ranted a bit in the devblog section about the change.

Imo the long reload for the TX ship is rediculous. Its like LM Repu, and that thing has 431mm guns.

 

- Bad range

- Bad DPM

- AP is almost standard

- improved HE

- Zombie heal so you can last longer if you dont get citadelled

 

Dont like that combo at all. "Tankyness" as a tradeoff for having low damage output = not a desirable pair or traits imo

 

1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Will they have the short fuse AP?

 

No, standard AP with slightly better Ricochet angles (but not the same as the CLs)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
Players
641 posts
9,164 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

- Bad range

- Bad DPM

- AP is almost standard

 

- improved HE

- Zombie heal so you can last longer if you dont get citadelled

 

Dont like that combo at all. "Tankyness" as a tradeoff for having low damage output = not a desirable pair or traits imo

 

 

Yeah, not excited at all.  Another "meh" line by the looks. Now if they were RU ships they would be looking a lot better but because the RN actually had a functional navy that accomplished things we get these insults.

 

Poor range + 25mm bow armour means you are going to get punished hard.  Bad DPM means that you aren't going to trade well at close distances.  Give them better range and Stalingrad AP angles or something!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,165 posts
245 battles

They seem far too situational, also not understanding the whole long reload with smoll range and calibre meme.

Also citadel is like having half a poltava to each side lol.

 

I assume they will be average i guess.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,372 posts

I'm told by someone who knows well, that they are OP at the moment, but by the time we gets hands on being British and non Russian, they will be nerfed next to uselessness.

 

 

I mean just look at the AR and the as yet unavailable Indomitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles

They are a lot more interesting than they were before. Can't take out the trumpets and fanfares out just yet, but I will be mildly excited about the RN heavies now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×