You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
1MajorKoenig

Massachocho or Georgia?

29 comments in this topic

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles

Depends on your preferences. Do you want just a new BB, do you want something for competitive, what are your expectations? Though Massachocho sounds nice

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
633 posts
9,521 battles
Just now, 1MajorKoenig said:

Short and sweet: should I get Massa-cho-chooo or Georgia?

Muchas Gracias 

Hello mate. I really like the USS Georgia. Those guns are hilarious. Massa is also good. But in a different way. Since Georg have better precision I would pick it. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,910 posts
6,951 battles
8 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Depends on your preferences. Do you want just a new BB, do you want something for competitive, what are your expectations? Though Massachocho sounds nice

I saw black Choochoo and thought: why not an OP US BB? And than I thought - wait I always liked Georgia.

Hence why not ask the community? I want a fun ship - doesn’t need to be for competitive mode , just something to have done fun with. And yea I like a good brawl 

[SHAD]
Players
2,701 posts
12,029 battles

Georgia is a great long range flanker  whereas Massachusetts is more of a brawler.

Georgia is more unique but both are very good and strong ships.

Beta Tester
4,951 posts
20,657 battles
15 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Muchas Gracias 

Short and sweet: Yes.

de nada...

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

If you can, both, theyr both great ships with they own styles, a litle note, Georgia feels to me a bit softer than Massa, but my personal fave of the two is Georgia, she can get places fast, and the guns despite being wonky at times feel better to use. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,298 posts
10,918 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Muchas Gracias 

I don't have the two, but...

Certainly you already have Brawlers, KM BB.

If so, I heard that KMBB secundaries are better than the Massa ones (CCs), Massa don't have turtle back.

Why not Georgia first?

Sailing around at 40 knots... in the Bugatti Veyron of the BBs

[-LA-]
Players
685 posts
5,119 battles

georgia is the only ship i regret buying and ive got the huanghe so id go for the masa but then ive neve driven it so

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Georgia is fun, somewhat situational, but fun. If you can contain the urge to push flanks too early, you'll do better than me in it. I'd recommend it. I haven't played Massa though.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,910 posts
6,951 battles

Thanks for your replies so far.

I was tempted by Black Massa but considering I rarely ever play my Bama she might not be the ship for me. I may look at Georgia at some point as I have enough coal.

Does Georgia have the Massa Secondary accuracy or did I mix that up?

On the other hand we don’t know about Siegfried yet so I may as well hold my fire on Georgia too - just in case.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,906 posts
12,198 battles

Or hold your fire until all the christmas and new year activities are announced. 

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
28 minutes ago, kfa said:

Or hold your fire until all the christmas and new year activities are announced. 

Depends on if he has a coupon left. I think mine expires around Christmas and might get one of the ships, likely a coal ship.

Players
7,163 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I was tempted by Black Massa but considering I rarely ever play my Bama she might not be the ship for me. I may look at Georgia at some point as I have enough coal.

On the other hand we don’t know about Siegfried yet so I may as well hold my fire on Georgia too - just in case.

Georgia has massa's secondaries and heal, she also has few but pretty accurate (although sometimes) dodgy salvo's.

Georgia is an excellent flanker, late-game brawler and ambusher, she can also bully lower tier ships as well if needed.

She really doesn't handle torps too well, even 3-4 from an edinburgh will drop you near or in the red, so situational awareness is a must, i also found shes a very good kiter.

Make sure not to steam off in the beginning and only use speed boost when your spotted by multiple ships as early game you won't be getting into that many great positions at first.

Massa is gud doe, but never played her.

Players
1,990 posts
14 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Muchas Gracias 

Georgia any day. Two similar but different ships. First of all, the biggest trick of Massa is its secondaries and Georgia has Massa secondaries. Georgia is a T9, MAssa is a T8 ship. Georgia guns are more precise. Georgia is a faster ship. 

• Cool 2

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
412 posts
12,522 battles

Massa chew sets gets up tiered a lot so you get an XP boost while playing an hilarious ship. I my last game yesterday I got three kills all with secondaries, two being DDs.

Go to 1:40...

[NAN0]
Players
253 posts
1,871 battles

I have both, 800k exp in massa and around 300k in georgia now. 

Secondary builds are identical. 

They play a little different though.

Massa is like a shotgun, you wont hit crap from far away and you arent that quick at getting close. 

Georgia...you can start sniping from the start while getting closer for your secondaries. Georgia has amazing speed, but she feels longer and tend to eat more torps and she doesnt have that amazing torp protection that Massa has.

Georgia's guns pack a punch and they are super accurate...most of the time. I've had 16km 3x citadels and i've had german dispersion upclose, its weird.....but mostly accurate.

Its up to you though, if you commit to a fight:

Massa will have to either sink the enemy or die

Georgia has an option to disengage, even reverse speed with engine boost is like 15knots.

Of the two, since i like accurate shooting i really prefer Georgia. 

• Cool 1

Players
81 posts
6,068 battles

What you want? Grinding money with some fun or just a brawler bb?

Both are fun and tough ships, both can survive long times. Georgia has more speed, gun distance and guns can snipe. But Massadasa is tier 8 and mostly you will play tier 9-10 games, that means more money.

For money; Damaging Tier 9-10 > Damaging only tier 10 if i am not wrong :)

[DREAD]
Players
9,910 posts
6,951 battles
2 hours ago, MrOverboard said:

Grinding money with some fun or just a brawler bb?

I have plenty of credits and no imminent risk of getting low (some 150 mio or so) but I use a lot of dedicated captains so I am always in need of captains XP and potential some free XP.

But yea - mostly I am looking for fun. 

Thanks all for the comments. I was tempted a bit by the 30€ offer for Massa but I will still stick to my original intentions and get Georgia instead. Massa would likely collect dust in my port anyway. 

Georgia sounds like something I could really enjoy (I even have my Gascogne sec specced and having a blast with her)

[NOCAP]
Players
5,737 posts
12,951 battles

I have both and personally i also like to play both. The Massa is super tanky and can go head on with T10 BBs without breaking a sweat, the Georgia is (maybe the best) Flanker BB. I know both share the secondary layout but up until late midgame i wouldnt go into a brawl with Georgia, she's too squishy for that. You will take bow in 15k salvos even from 406mm if they aim for your Superstructure. 

Beta Tester
3,191 posts
3,662 battles

While on the subject of the Georgia and the Massachusetts: How vital is the IFHE skill on them?

I've been toying with the idea of promoting my main US BB captain to 18 points solely in order to be able to get the IFHE skill now rather than later, since it reputedly makes quite a bit of difference when it comes to the damage output of the secondaries of these two lovely ships. It's a bit weird to look at my post-battle screen and find that I've landed 218 hits with my secondaries on an enemy battleship, for a roughly equal number of damage points... but they do set fires, and maybe that's the way to go when dealing with the tougher opponents? And then we have the rumoured IFHE rework lurking somewhere over the horizon, although I read somewehere that it's been put on ice for the time being. Decisions, decisions...

:fish_book:

Players
3,372 posts
On 11/30/2019 at 8:55 PM, 1MajorKoenig said:

Muchas Gracias 

Both are good ships in a Division, solo, a bit harder to play,for all the glory of the Massa, I cannot get her to work,for proper tanking her bows seem ever so soft to me, not like the Russians where you can be confident of tanking, and the Geargia, nice but I find my fully aimed shots do not always go where intended,sure you can watch CC's do amazing things i this ship, never happens for me.

Players
1,837 posts
15,456 battles

Absolutely love my Massa, don't have the Georgia but she seems fun, I absolutely love the fast moving flanking BB's. Having said that... why not both? :Smile_child:

Players
3,372 posts
On 12/1/2019 at 8:09 AM, 1MajorKoenig said:

Alabama has the range advantage over the Massa, and is still a good ship.

Players
1,837 posts
15,456 battles

Alabama and Massa play differently. Alabama is best run with a bog standard BB tank build. Now you have this fun maneuverable BB that's fairly ok accuracy wise, and can move in and brawl as well. Massa.. is a different beast. If you're not running the manly full secondary IFHE build, imho you're doing it wrong - you may as well play the NC or the Alabama then, as your main battery isn't as accurate or consistent as those two. So, assuming the Massa is secondary specced it plays a lot differently, so the comparison of "not playing the 'bama much so I might not like the Massa" isn't great; Massa with a tank build is a worse Alabama. With a secondary build it can be hilarious.