Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sark74

This is why CV's dont belong in ranked..

34 comments in this topic

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles

This is the 2nd guy who just reversed to the border and did nothing... Didnt even launch a plane.

If a cruiser is AFK .. we can cope, a BB is AFK we can Cope.. If a CV is AFK.. its 100% a loss... 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Players
1,720 posts
3,314 battles
4 hours ago, Sark74 said:

This is the 2nd guy who just reversed to the border and did nothing... Didnt even launch a plane.

If a cruiser is AFK .. we can cope, a BB is AFK we can Cope.. If a CV is AFK.. its 100% a loss... 

That's a player problem. Not a class problem.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Remove the picture or replace it with one where the name is fully covered.

Name & Shame is forbidden on the forums.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles

1 minute ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

That's a player problem. Not a class problem.

its the 2nd time it happened this season.. and it happened mulitple times in the last sprint season we had CVs too.. each time.. those players who ruin the fun intentionally could do it in a class that wont condemn the team to 100% defeat. 

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles
5 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Remove the picture or replace it with one where the name is fully covered.

Name & Shame is forbidden on the forums.

thanks for the advice.. im not stat shaming.  this person should be dealt with and if they want to be an idiot.. fine!.. go to Coop!.. but in ranked!! :(

If im breaking the rules.. I'll take the punishment but I'm not removing it, if WG staff want to that's fine. But WG must stop this behaviour in competitive!.. 

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

[JRM]
Players
6,770 posts

Well I reverse in the border from time to time when I forget to turn off the reverse I started in match start, cant think if a reasin why he would not launch planes unless is some bot farming bs and he just sends his entire T10 fleet in the ranked...

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

Well I reverse in the border from time to time when I forget to turn off the reverse I started in match start, cant think if a reasin why he would not launch planes unless is some bot farming bs and he just sends his entire T10 fleet in the ranked...

he didnt launch a single plane.. a shimakaze gunned him down in the end.. No problem sitting on the border.. but not participating in competitive is taking it out on your new teams mates because either he's an idiot, or he got reported in the last game. 

Players
1,720 posts
3,314 battles
11 minuti fa, Sark74 ha scritto:

its the 2nd time it happened this season.. and it happened mulitple times in the last sprint season we had CVs too.. each time.. those players who ruin the fun intentionally could do it in a class that wont condemn the team to 100% defeat. 

I understand, and in fact they get punished with a defeat. But why then a class should not be allowed to play; in the last tier 6 Ranked Sprint that we had (forgot when) i only played carriers (since i have all three tech-tree CVs) and in some occasions i was even able to save the game (not the star, i mean winning). 

This was my favourite of them

shot-19_09.06_16_58.47-0346.thumb.jpg.636db7e8cbdc6f13ba026a270c2ccbfb.jpg

shot-19_09.06_16_58.53-0372.thumb.jpg.96d764e7daf76518c2ccd001a23664ff.jpgshot-19_09.06_16_58.57-0372.thumb.jpg.48c189ee70ecbc2370a4df4c5dd0b95d.jpg

shot-19.09.06_16.59.00-0595.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
7,164 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

If hes botting then going afk would probs be the thing, im not sure if bots can actually (ones programmed by players) control planes yet.

Doubt it would make a difference if they were since bots dont dodge flak and never slingshot or well even preserve their planes (or anything else lol).

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles
1 minute ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

But why then a class should not be allowed to play;

because playing against a team with an active CV.. You are condemned to 100% defeat.. this 1 class has too much influence.. if another class goes afk.. fine... but a CV.. 100% loss. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles
Just now, Sark74 said:

because playing against a team with an active CV.. You are condemned to 100% defeat.. this 1 class has too much influence.. if another class goes afk.. fine... but a CV.. 100% loss. 

If you have one DD, and the skill gap is too huge between those DDs, you are fucked as well. That's why I enjoy CV games in ranked. Even a bad CV spots properly, even if he don't want.

• Cool 1

Players
6,615 posts
10,871 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

If hes botting then going afk would probs be the thing, im not sure if bots can actually (ones programmed by players) control planes yet.

Creating a bot, that starts planes and sends them straight into the enemy shouldnt be that hard. You could do that with Macros pretty much. Ofc this is very far from a "useful bot", that can find, target and attack an enemy.

Besides that, I never understood whats the point of a bot in a game like wows. The farming value is very low (XP/free XP), the account is most likely going to lose credits, you cant sell any of the resources you gain and even the account is of no value, since nobody would pay to own an account with deep red stats. And using a bot to gain ranks in Ranked? Well, then chosing a CV is the worst idea I guess.

Anyway, if you actually check the accused player from the screenshot - the CV game is an outlier. There are no other afk games and the account looks normal... so maybe something else was wrong. Maybe he had an emergancy, had no option but to go afk and reversed into the border to be as far away as possible so he wont get killed. @Sark74 I would have checked the account first and only accused a guy like this, if there are clear sign, he does this all the time. Which he isnt.

• Cool 2

Players
3,864 posts
11,370 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, ForlornSailor sagte:

Creating a bot, that starts planes and sends them straight into the enemy shouldnt be that hard. You could do that with Macros pretty much. Ofc this is very far from a "useful bot", that can find, target and attack an enemy.

Besides that, I never understood whats the point of a bot in a game like wows. The farming value is very low (XP/free XP), the account is most likely going to lose credits, you cant sell any of the resources you gain and even the account is of no value, since nobody would pay to own an account with deep red stats. And using a bot to gain ranks in Ranked? Well, then chosing a CV is the worst idea I guess.

Anyway, if you actually check the accused player from the screenshot - the CV game is an outlier. There are no other afk games and the account looks normal... so maybe something else was wrong. Maybe he had an emergancy, had no option but to go afk and reversed into the border to be as far away as possible so he wont get killed. @Sark74 I would have checked the account first and only accused a guy like this, if there are clear sign, he does this all the time. Which he isnt.

Imagine having deepest of red stats but playing like a unicum to troll people using Matchmaking Monitor

• Funny 4

Players
1,720 posts
3,314 battles
10 minuti fa, Pikkozoikum ha scritto:

That's why I enjoy CV games in ranked.

I actually enjoy playing CVs in general, they are one of my favourite classes, and actually, by best ship right now is the Ryujo at 53 kills :Smile_trollface:

@Yedwy @CptBarney I usually try to find a spot behind an island to negate line of sight (i don't to stay too close tho, so that i have room to manouver if i need to move) or i just stay in the back, in the open and move around as the situation evolves.

Players
7,164 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Some people hate grinding so they set up multiple accounts and grind stuff on them, especially for special events.

These accounts then accumulate rare goods and are then sold as singles or in batches.

I mean if someone is willing to pay £25k for a blue gem karambit factory new then anything is possible.

Also cant check stats as im away from desktops.

[JRM]
Players
6,770 posts
6 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

usually try to find a spot behind an island to negate line of sight (i don't to stay too close tho, so that i have room to manouver if i need to move) or i just stay in the back, in the open and move around as the situation evolves.

Yees, except on some maps moving to that cover from spawn inhalts you turning full broadside to the enemy fleet in the open and in range of their guns and if you get planespotted it can cost sou a big chunk of health and if autopilot decides to troll you at the wrong moment you can even get sunk so smart move is to reverse to a position from which dou approach the cover angeled or 2 far gor them to harm you...

[CHAR]
Players
129 posts
2,217 battles

Thing is, carriers are so absurdly easy to play with all their damage and spotting basically being passive and all damage against them being passive, you lose a lot from them being afk.

I don't think carriers belong in the game, a ship should not be designed in a way where it is uncounterable and the player has to take away the fun from 11 others just to have fun themselves.

• Boring 1

Players
1,720 posts
3,314 battles
5 minuti fa, Yedwy ha scritto:

Yees, except on some maps moving to that cover from spawn inhalts you turning full broadside to the enemy fleet in the open and in range of their guns and if you get planespotted it can cost sou a big chunk of health and if autopilot decides to troll you at the wrong moment you can even get sunk so smart move is to reverse to a position from which dou approach the cover angeled or 2 far gor them to harm you...

Now i basically use the same spots for every map. I usually try to hide at an angle when i have nowhere to hide, and plus, i keep one eye on my planes and one to the mimimap to see how the game evolves.

Players
1,720 posts
3,314 battles
4 minuti fa, Phayk ha scritto:

I don't think carriers belong in the game, a ship should not be designed in a way where it is uncounterable and the player has to take away the fun from 11 others just to have fun themselves.

Sorry man, i don't want to sound bad here but... Have you read some history? I mean, i know this is a game, but it's just how the carriers were designed from the start; being able to strike further and harder than any other ship could at the time and at the same time stay relatively safe, unless attacked by another aircraft carrier (or submarine, but that's why we have DDs). Why do you think that they are not building battleships any more?

Actually guys, the first to let's say theorize the concept of "Aircraft Carrier" was Napoleon Bonaparte that during the Egypy campaign ordered to load one ship with air-baloons that when reached the coast of Egypt wuold have made reconnaissance. 

Carriers will always feel OP in regards to the other classes because it's just how an aircraft carrier is designed.

• Boring 1

[CHAR]
Players
129 posts
2,217 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Sorry man, i don't want to sound bad here but... Have you read some history? I mean, i know this is a game, but it's just how the carriers were designed from the start; being able to strike further and harder than any other ship could at the time and at the same time stay relatively safe, unless attacked by another aircraft carrier (or submarine, but that's why we have DDs). Why do you think that they are not building battleships any more?

Actually guys, the first to let's say theorize the concept of "Aircraft Carrier" was Napoleon Bonaparte that during the Egypy campaign ordered to load one ship with air-baloons that when reached the coast of Egypt wuold have made reconnaissance. 

Carriers will always feel OP in regards to the other classes because it's just how an aircraft carrier is designed.

I really don't give a frick about history or historical accuracy. It's a game, games are supposed to be fun, and that should be the first thing you think about when designing anything in the game. Obviously they didn't think of fun when they reworked the carriers (or when they designed the original ones for that matter), except for the player who plays them.

Seriously, historical accuracy is a horrible excuse for terrible game design in any game.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,770 posts

Well you know m8 - spreadsheet sais we all have fun... In fact seems CVs are not fun enough so they are getting buffs :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
685 posts
2,357 battles
54 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

While what you say is true I don't doubt it you have to remember this is a game not a Simulator and therefore WG have free reign to be creative.

CVs played a significant role in WW2 however I don't feel they should be part of Wows for the exact reason you stated in your post.