Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Deathadder_61

2018 Black Friday Containers

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
45 posts
8,826 battles

I have a account on Asia Server and when the Black Friday Containers were released i bought 10 of the 2018 containers 24 hrs later those containers were removed so people couldnt buy them and it was stipulated in the news posted 25th november that we could buy 2019 and 2018 containers now that article has been removed as well

My gripe is why advertise something and you pull everything after it was released as i was looking forward to buying them on the EU server where my main account is 

6 answers to this question

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,264 posts
8,683 battles
12 hours ago, Deathadder_61 said:

what technical issues i thought you buy them and then open them what is so technical with that 

Plus why isnt there a announcement  put up on the news or forums 

Hello,

due to a technical issue players were mistakenly compensated using the 2018 black containers. Players essentially were compensated when they received a Black version of a normal premium ship they already had. So not only did they get the black ship but also the amount of doubloons it was equivalent to. This issue was posted in the news section of the website and MrConway confirmed it on the forums. The issue was quickly resolved.

Regards,

Minia

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,231 posts
2 hours ago, Deathadder_61 said:

My gripe is why advertise something and you pull everything after it was released

because there were technical issues with those 2018 containers

Players
45 posts
8,826 battles

what technical issues i thought you buy them and then open them what is so technical with that 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,231 posts
1 hour ago, Deathadder_61 said:

from other posts I would guess that the dropping didn't work as intended, for example people getting a ship and a doubloon compensation at the same time

1 hour ago, Deathadder_61 said:

19 hours ago, MrConway said:

Black Friday 2019 containers will be back soon, but unfortunately 2018 boxes were removed from sales due to technical reasons. All already purchased boxes work normally, but no more of them will be available in this sale.

[BOBS3]
Players
2 posts
1,866 battles

Hey Klopirat, there's something I'm having trouble understanding here. Why would Wargaming advertise something like a good deal like this and then remove it? 

In my opinion I would have thought that having both the 2018 and 2019 containers would have made a great bundle sale for everyone. I thought about the technical issue and kinda think it was a human error on the coding somewhere. 

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,570 posts
13,962 battles

To the best of my understanding, the containers were providing untended compensation for people who owned the original variants of the B ships.

They were removed from sale for less than an hour that I noticed.

Sign in to follow this