You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheAlba2014

Blyska Camo Missions

44 comments in this topic

[TRID]
Players
252 posts
5,168 battles

Hey all, just wanted to see what everyone's experience with the missions for the 303 squadron camo have been, any particular issues (5 capture base ribbons come to mind).

I've been doing missions and directives on co-op these days, and the capture ribbon mission is kicking my behind, either by standard battles, short games, or helpful assistant capture ribbons :Smile_teethhappy:

Suspect I might have better luck in random or ranked battles with this one

[AAO]
Players
1,569 posts
21,008 battles

Capturing stuff doesn't really happen in CO-OP due to the nature of the bots.
They just come straight at you through the cap and try to kill stuff until they die (which typically doesn't take long)

For caps you need to go to random or ranked battles, where map-control and point-control play a much much bigger role.

• Cool 2

Players
1,000 posts
14,413 battles

It was a bit tricky doing them in co-op. The second mission for fire damage took a couple of battles (Smolensk with a better fire starting captain got me through), then the Capture mission took way too long for the same reasons: Standard battles, Assists, and the mercy rule kicking in before securing a solo cap. You want to play with enough bad teammates who die early so that you can cap in peace. Try Tier 5 :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,036 posts
11,131 battles

I used tier 5 Kamikaze, and Mutsuki for the capture bit in Randoms. I prefer the Mutsuki these days as its AA is not bad, and longer range torps. Being unspotted a lot of the time helps too. For fires I used the Helena, Dallas, and Aoba. I have them kitted out as fire starters. The "teams" that vaporise at tier 5-7 are a problem.

[JRM]
Players
6,717 posts

Yea solo cap ribbons requirement is one of the "brighter" ideas of late by the mission designer at WG, annoying AF, I did it with Kleber in coop asking the team to let me cap alone each battle and killing off the bots at that cap so I can do it, still took me like 6-7 battles to collect them...

• Cool 4

Players
77 posts
612 battles

Oh come on guys... getting 5 solo caps isn't overly hard, although I admit it is sometimes based on pure chance indeed.

Just yesterday I had the opportunity to cap all by myself. In three or so battles. And of course, I got the ribbons for all these caps.

Keep trying, you'll get it too. In Coop, you can even ask others nicely to let you solo cap for a camo ribbon. I'm sure they'll help you out.

[JRM]
Players
6,717 posts
3 minutes ago, LoucipherPL said:

... I admit it is sometimes based on pure chance indeed...

And we get to the core of the problem, since this is you know time limited thing... :Smile_sceptic:

[-TPF-]
Players
4,006 posts
16,505 battles

Definitely easier to do it Randoms, I found the best way of achieving this in co-op was to use a battleship or cruiser like Yorck, which can be strong in a brawl. The problem with DDs is that the bots tend to rush the caps and you don't have the firepower to take on two or three ships at at time, where as a BB with decent secondaries or a decent torp cruiser does. Zap the DDs early then get into the cap and brawl, you can normally get some kills and the cap by default.

I do have the 303 camo now (and it looks great) so it can be done with patience/persistence.

• Cool 1

Players
1,769 posts
18,911 battles

I did most of the captures in the Lightening although amusingly I got my final base capture in the Yamato and wasn't even trying was just how the battle went.

However I agree it's very hard to do it in CoOp just because of how the bots behave.

[JRM]
Players
6,717 posts
1 hour ago, LoucipherPL said:

Keyword is "sometimes", not "chance" :Smile_coin:

No the keyword is chance, chance that you are in postion to cap solo - meaning that both of these requrements need to be met:

1) enemy is unable to stop you from capping

and

2) your teammates (that dont give a flying f* about your needs and want that bit of extra base xp) cant jump on the bandwagon...

• Cool 2

Players
3,037 posts
31,636 battles

Did the last 3 solo caps in co op in GK... DD was no luck plenty of caps but anyone else capped too even if you asked them polite not to.. So I let the bots in  co op rush and die and then cap.

• Cool 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,009 posts
6,816 battles

It's almost like WG just want you to play the game like normal to achieve these Missions, rather than jumping into Co-Op because you want to complete it 5 minutes faster for only 1/2 the XP and Credits, imagine that!!!!!

• Funny 1

Players
77 posts
612 battles

From all these different stories, one picture emerges: Your Mileage May Vary. Some find it easier, some find it harder. Bottom line: it's still possible, just takes some time.

[JRM]
Players
6,717 posts
34 minutes ago, LoucipherPL said:

From all these different stories, one picture emerges: Your Mileage May Vary. Some find it easier, some find it harder. Bottom line: it's still possible, just takes some time.

Its not the matter of harder, its the matter of annoying... Same mission type that say asks to kill 10 german cruisers, mission goes live in 2 hours nobody will drive a german ceuiser and every :etc_swear: in a BB will wait for you to bring down the HP and only then fire and be smug about it... If you are ret**d dependent to complete something its bad design

• Cool 1

Players
77 posts
612 battles

I've seen KM cruisers routinely in Coop. Sometimes I even get to sink one.

Given the lemminglike behaviour of bots, all you really need is to identify where your target is, and then close in for the kill. If I were to kill a certain ship type, I'd even go for a ram just to be sure nobody else gets her before me.

[JRM]
Players
6,717 posts

There used to be a time MM in coop was mirrored you know, need I point out the "kill this nation ca" was not for the said nation ca? :cap_yes:

[SM0KE]
Players
5,783 posts
14,064 battles

The 'solo capture' bit was a major pain in the donkey (which blithering idiot came up with that one?), but the rest was relatively painless...

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
392 posts
8,218 battles
8 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Yea solo cap ribbons requirement is one of the "brighter" ideas of late by the mission designer at WG, annoying AF

Sneaky WG. You can never underestimate them.

Players
3,026 posts
19,465 battles

I played normally without knowing this requirement. Apparantly I solo cap enough to automatically get this :cap_like:

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles

Are the benefits of this camo any different from the permanent camo the ship has when bought?

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
16 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

No but it looks like an RAF Hurricane circa 1940,  which is nice... 

Thanks for the answer. I think I'll pass.

• Bad 1