You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RaptorWildfire

THIS CURRENT RANKED SEASON

233 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
166 posts
7,631 battles

Played 13 games so far, didn't advanced a bit. Only *edit* so far...
CV's are  attacking the other CV's, BB's stay behind the islands, games with 3 radars in one team and none on the other, Kremlins immune to 6 shima torps, people who say Wilco when you indicate a target or ask for help but do nothing,

everyone expecting DD's to cap while they wait behind then if the DD gets killed by radar/cv/etc gets "noob, etc etc".

I don't care what you have to say, this is my experience with this season so far. I tried playing for fun as always, but this game became a disgrace more and more.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Players
791 posts
14,971 battles

Every new ranked season is more *edit* than the previous one. Not worth playing.

• Cool 9

[NWP]
Players
6,857 posts
7,643 battles

First game was fun, 2nd game was ok because it was still a win.

Ill get to R11 for the doubloons, then most likely call it quits. I have enough steel for Bourgogne with the snowflakes upcoming, so [edited]ranked :cap_haloween:

• Cool 6

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
555 posts
11,469 battles

Same crap every seasons, i mean for godsake ive even had games on a win right and them my team throws by rushing to death when they dont need to. Makes you question humanity really, of how utterly stupid people are. Planet is fucked.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[AW13]
Players
9 posts
3,564 battles

Shadeshot&RaptorWildfire sum it up perfectly. Players are even worse than in Random mode. Sounds hard to achieve , but people surprise you every time with their level of stupidity.  Unless there´s some vetting or qualification process, I don´t see the point of ranked games.

• Cool 2

[N0RSE]
Players
1,767 posts

Might rank out this season. It has been fun so far to rank 9. Blapping Smolensk's gives me some sort of satisfaction. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
2,332 posts
11,343 battles
27 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Might rank out this season. It has been fun so far to rank 9. Blapping Smolensk's gives me some sort of satisfaction. :Smile_trollface:

Which ship are you driving then mister private profile?

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
Weekend Tester
789 posts
4,272 battles

You're not alone, has been a pretty frustrating first day of ranked for me as well. 4 wins, 6 losses and have never finished outside of the top 2 on the team. Even got deliberately friendly-dropped by my carrier's DBs once, no idea why. :Smile_amazed:

Players
2,204 posts
13,426 battles

First day of Ranked....I'm surprised the forum stayed clean of rant threads this long :Smile_teethhappy:

30 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

1 game in Haku. 1 win. 1,300 steel.

:Smile_medal:

Can't wait to join the saltmine with my Haku (but unfortunately cant play for another couple weeks)

11 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

Even got deliberately friendly-dropped by my carrier's DBs once, no idea why. :Smile_amazed:

Accidentially close to the CV? - Maybe squad-shortening gone wrong?

Players
441 posts
7,683 battles

First five games all losses... teams were frakking awful and Im not great, but they were truly awful.
Gave up for a couple of hours, then played later, much more reasonable now... but, even so, generally poor gameplay.

Smollies everywhere, quelle suprise.

[TTTX]
Weekend Tester
789 posts
4,272 battles
4 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Accidentially close to the CV? - Maybe squad-shortening gone wrong?

80IpuRo.png

I think it was pretty intentional, lol. Game was still winnable at that stage as well, the game ended up as just being the two carriers left.

[POI--]
Players
983 posts
7,034 battles

I played today 34 games. I started at around 14 and made my way very quick to 10. There i struggled the entire day to get some wins.
Now finally for today i managed to get rank 9.

Spoiler

shot-19_11.28_00_36.09-0262.thumb.jpg.a19305e46b15ea2434ab7b20e1fdadf8.jpg

I played today DD (Daring) and Stalin, Moskva and Henri. DD is just unplayable. Either you get foccused by radar or one of the many radar ships get you at some point.
Stalin and Moskva are kinda okay when you are not in a CV battle. When that's the reason you are just a target for bombers imo.
So i stayed with my Henri and i would not say i am a bad cruiser player, but it is just sometimes......frustrating.

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.png.8032f7f8ef00d414f39fd46042422d49.png

I will never understand why WG thought it was a good idea to put CV's into ranked....
What is actually there the counterplay ? You have no T-Virus debuff for the planes, the AA is useless and the AI Fighter squadron is just optic.

• Cool 1

Players
2,204 posts
13,426 battles
8 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

80IpuRo.png

I think it was pretty intentional, lol. Game was still winnable at that stage as well, the game ended up as just being the two carriers left.

Not shortening, nor slingshotting. Wtf is that DBs position, there is nothing there to strike....has to be intentional :fish_boom:

Players
112 posts
2,640 battles

Only my second proper Ranked season and it's a doozy!

I watched some decent players on Twitch, Flambass and Mr__Gibbons, and they, both good players, had a pretty miserable experience at times.

Personally, started with Des Moines, had 3 x 180k, 3 kill battles, which is fantastic stats for me, but all were lost, all saved a star though, except it was the FIRST THREE GAMES, so no star to lose!!! :D
Then I potatoed with 4k damage and we romped to a win which was followed by another couple of reasonable victories. Hurrah!

Switched to Minotaur, 5 battles, averaged over 100k, which is half decent, but lost them all, heavilly. 

Oh and in the 8 battles where i didn't top the losing team, the saved star went to a Smolensk 6 times!!!  Just farming damage but unable or unwilling to carry.

As DFens_666  said, probably play to Rank 11 or 10 and that will do it, I'm not good enough to carry and get all the way to 1 without stabbing myself!!! lol

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,652 posts
12,694 battles

Tried plenty of diffirent ships, only lost 1 or 2 battles I think. Some decent teams, some meh teams :Smile_child:

[P-W-C]
Players
5,328 posts
29,007 battles
2 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Can't wait to join the saltmine with my Haku (but unfortunately cant play for another couple weeks)

This season is less than 4 weeks. 

Players
2,204 posts
13,426 battles
9 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

This season is less than 4 weeks. 

Thanks. It ends 23/12 afaik.

One week should be enough, especially towards the end of the season where it gets easier. I want to break < 100 games to rank out :cap_haloween:

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,334 posts
9,319 battles

Cool i will rank out quickly since all the players here are constantly losing. Just be sure to be on the red team please

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Players
4,773 posts
8,503 battles
5 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Same here :Smile_medal:

4 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Which ship are you driving then mister private profile?

*jumps in rudely* Im using Henri, works nice against the Smolensk. Not that, imo, Smolensk is that huge of a threat that you´d need to plan your season around it, but Smol is pretty popular so might aswell take a ship that can deal with her good. And deal with anything else aswell ^^

Question: Is it just me or are DDs rare?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,963 posts
17,037 battles
4 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Not shortening, nor slingshotting. Wtf is that DBs position, there is nothing there to strike....has to be intentional :fish_boom:

Could be a curved slingshot on the Kremlin technically but it would've been far more efficient to just attack it up front.

So yeah, likely intentional.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
3,409 posts
18,948 battles
7 hours ago, RaptorWildfire said:

Played 13 games so far, didn't advanced a bit. Only cunts so far...
CV's are  attacking the other CV's, BB's stay behind the islands, games with 3 radars in one team and none on the other, Kremlins immune to 6 shima torps, people who say Wilco when you indicate a target or ask for help but do nothing,

everyone expecting DD's to cap while they wait behind then if the DD gets killed by radar/cv/etc gets "noob, etc etc".

I don't care what you have to say, this is my experience with this season so far. I tried playing for fun as always, but this game became a disgrace more and more.

So a normal Ranked?

[THESO]
2,280 posts
7,546 battles

Played 1 battle :)

In kremlin,

It was a definite win for the enemy..

Until they decided to throw it faboluously !

I was down to 5K health and 18K damage after the 5th min mark :)

then I was able to reverse behind an island, while my team lemminged up far away..

then enemy decided to lemming infront of me, broadside, at 10km, one by one, just to chase my running away team :)

then they got balanzed by glorious rashan steel :)

It was amazing..

Oh! a yamato.. dev strike...

45 secs later..

Oh! a henri... dev strike...

1 min later..

Oh! a smolensk... dev strike..

I won.. but that battle showed me I'm not gonna play ranked..nope.. I could be on the other side.. and could well as be headbutting my monitor!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7